No smoking in UK clubs?

G

gecko2

Who'd be bothered about no smoking in clubs? I couldn't imagine no smoking in clubs personally, but think that where food is concerned in pubs that a ban is alright, as long as you can smoke in certain parts of a non-food pub. Could you imagine a no smoking ban in Ibiza, not that I think I would see it happen in my lifetime. Any thoughts?

I smoke, and love it.
but my enjoyment is spoilt by the knowledge of what passive smoking does to others. And I defo think it should be banned in restaurant's.

I support a full ban personally.

But I also plan a string of private members clubs. Instead of Black Tie required, it will be black lung required.

MARKB said:
I smoke, and love it.
but my enjoyment is spoilt by the knowledge of what passive smoking does to others. And I defo think it should be banned in restaurant's.

I support a full ban personally.

But I also plan a string of private members clubs. Instead of Black Tie required, it will be black lung required.

I like it -

Burly bouncer after asking you to blow in tube:

'Not tonight mate, your lung capacity's not down so you're not comin' in'

gecko2 said:
Who'd be bothered about no smoking in clubs? I couldn't imagine no smoking in clubs personally, but think that where food is concerned in pubs that a ban is alright, as long as you can smoke in certain parts of a non-food pub. Could you imagine a no smoking ban in Ibiza, not that I think I would see it happen in my lifetime. Any thoughts?
Smoking has been banned in pubs and clubs over here (Ireland) for over a year now and it works quite well. All the pubs and clubs have outside smoking areas and the banter is usually flying out there. Inside it's alot easier to breathe and there's no cigies in the eye on a packed dancefloor! It takes a while to get used to, but it's deffo recommended.

Non-smoker!

I'd rather they leave it in pubs and clubs, and ban it in the streets. I hate having to walk to work of a morning, with everyone smoke going over me. The other morning I was standing at the station waiting for the train, it was peeing down and I didnt have a brolly, so was standing under the shelter. A selfish smoker come and stood next to me, so that I could breathe his smoke in, thanks! I then had to go and wait in the rain. It also fcks me off when you get off the train and the sad people have to spark up straight away, with me ending up with a mouthful, I feel like spitting on these people. Leave it in pub and clubs, ban it in restaurants, unless there are completely separated smoking/non-smoking areas, and ban it out in the open!

Wayno said:
Smoking has been banned in pubs and clubs over here (Ireland) for over a year now and it works quite well. All the pubs and clubs have outside smoking areas and the banter is usually flying out there. Inside it's alot easier to breathe and there's no cigies in the eye on a packed dancefloor! It takes a while to get used to, but it's deffo recommended.

Last time I was in Dublin it was great to go for a pint without the hotel room/my hair/my clothes smelling of stale smoke.

My mates Dom and Sheila who live there, however, tell me that without the mask of smoke every nightclub stinks of piss! :lol:

If there's going to be non smoking places where people eat peanuts with there beer put ice cubes in the ashtrays then let's have smoking bars where I can light up 10 fags at once and not feel guilty because some blokes bird is getting lippy! :D

As a non-smoker :D :lol: I think it's a good thing.

Even if I was still smoking then if that was the law then I'm sure I'd cope, there's already so many places that you can't smoke as it is so you just get used to it.

BARBIE!! Where have I been?? Didn't know you had decided to travel to the light :evil: :evil: :lol: Is it for good this time?? Me and my guy were discussing quitting last night.

PachaGirl79 said:
BARBIE!! Where have I been?? Didn't know you had decided to travel to the light :evil: :evil: :lol: Is it for good this time?? Me and my guy were discussing quitting last night.

3 wks and 3 days and going strong :D

I think it really is for good this time, been out drinking/clubbing everything and not been tempted. I'm on patches but a couple of times I've stayed out somewhere or run out and not had one on and been fine as well.

I did say I was going to stop after Ibiza and the difference was this time I really WANTED to stop and fingers xd finding it not too bad at all.

And if a Fag Ash Lil like me can stop (honestly I was smoking at least 30 a day the last few months :rolleyes: ) then anyone can :lol:

PachaGirl79 said:
Well good for you!! That is awesome. I wish I could do the patch... but they make me sooooo nauseaus and light headed :confused:

You don't smoke as much as I did tho do you, maybe go on the weak patches for less than 10 a day smokers.

Hmmm, I didn't even know those kinds of patches existed. I got so turned off that I haven't even looked at the patch selection in the drugstore in ages... thanks for the suggestion! ;)

They banned smoking in Edmonton in restaurants a couple of years ago. Now you cant' smoke in any bar, pub or club at all. Its been happening in other cities for a while... and people adapt.

As a non-smoker, I like leaving a club and not smelling like the stench of stale smoke on my clothes.

It doens't stop me from going out in clubs in ibiza though!

I noticed when Steve Lawler was in Edmonton a couple of weeks ago, he was hiding his smoking under the table and sneaking down to pick the cig off the gross manky floor for a wee smoke so he could have his fix!!

Morbyd said:
I hate non-smoking places :evil:

I hate having my meal ruined by someone wafting smoke all over my food. ;)

It's horrible. Even if you do smoke if you analyse it fully, you'll see how vile it is. If people want to do it in the privacy of their own homes or in a private club then fine but to inflict the smell and the harmful smoke on others is plain wrong and extremely selfish.

I'm surprised it's not been banned sooner.

Clara said:
I hate having my meal ruined by someone wafting smoke all over my food. ;)

I am a smoker and I despise that as well.

I think in general, smokers need to be a little more respectful of the nonsmokers. At least this has been my experience. I live in a beach/college town, and there are tons of "bar 'n grill" type places with patios. I cringe when I go there and see people smoking right next to peeps eating. Sorry but it is not a HORRID inconvenience to walk to the fire pit a few feet away and let nonsmokers dine in peace!! This happened last night... and a couple near us actually leaned over and thanked us for smoking elsewhere. Some jerk was puffing away on the other side of them, and didn't even have the decency to turn his head when he exhaled... there was a steady stream over their food. They were too nice to say anything I guess.

One thing I will NOT stand for though is nonsmokers giving me dirty looks for smoking on the goddamned patio at a bar where there is no food in sight and it is a designated smoking area. Um hello, you are outside. It is OK for me to smoke here. If you don't like it, then get your whiny, holier than thou arse inside lololol ;)

Back