NEW YORK CLUBBING

hook

I'm thinking about a long weekend in NYC for March next year, could anyone tell me where the best clubs are and who plays there :?: Is Sasha a resident anywhere over there or are there any good DJ's that maybe aren't too famous in Europe but are worth a look.
Also if you know some good places to stay so I can have maybe 2 good nights out and do some sight seeing. Any info would be appreciated b4 I book :D
Thanks for your help.

There are some new yorkers on this site, whom maybe able to help you, and people with past expereinces, but without sounding rude, this is mainly an ibiza site, but you should still get some information form othewr members!!

The amount of people from all over the world on here made me think there may be someone here who can help, even though it is an Ibiza forum ;)
Would it be better if I say my New York weekend is an Ibiza warm up :D :?:

your right there are people all over the world on here, they should be able to help you.....

ive posted previously about my ny experiences but here is a brief precee. we went to exit which is junior vasquez's place.it appears to be a converted multi-storey car park. it is quite mixed till about 5am then becomes very, very gay. good fun, pumpin music.
planned to go to mr t at vinyl on a friday. we were tired and so planned to sleep from 8pm till 2am then head off. woke the next morning at 10am. oops
do a search though coz there have been similar topics to this in the past

Hmm- Vinyl, Exit, Centro Fly, and a few others. Check out www.citysearch.com and look up NYC area clubs. They should give you a good rundown.

Most big DJ's don't have residences in NYC, but almost every weekend there's someone good spinning. Expect to pay a lot (comparable to IBZ prices), and expect long lines.

robo. according to my gay friends i stayed with in NY, basically the queens dont come out till 5am at which time most of the straight folks are going home. it is basically a gay club which straight people go to.

I haven't been to NYC in 2.5 years but this is what I can contribute....
Places to Stay:
There are many nice hotels and smaller niche hotels but a couple of things to consider. Some NYC hotels (a lot of small niche hotels) have shared bathrooms with others on the floor and I don't know if you're into that or not but I would suggest you make sure that your hotel has a bathroom in it. I can't remember the hotel my friends and I stayed in last time we were there but it was very nice and along the art deco lines, they also included a "European breakfast" which was really good.
Where to Go Clubbing:
Depends what you want to hear but my suggestion would be to visit Vinyl/Arc Fridays with Danny Tenaglia. :D It's a small club and they don't sell alcohol so if you're planning on drinking do it before hand.
Centro and Fly also seem to be popular but I've never been so I can't say. :confused:
Site Seeing:
If you've never been to NYC definitely check out Central Park, its really nice, near everything (hence the central) and is just an integral part of the concrete jungle they call NYC.

Enjoy!!!

Centro-Fly's pretty good- not that big, but they attract pretty big names. I saw Stanton Warriors and John Aquaviva last time. Richie Hawtin spins there some.

wfusteve said:
Hmm- Vinyl, Exit, Centro Fly, and a few others. Check out www.citysearch.com and look up NYC area clubs. They should give you a good rundown.

Most big DJ's don't have residences in NYC, but almost every weekend there's someone good spinning. Expect to pay a lot (comparable to IBZ prices), and expect long lines.
well for starters you are wrong about the lines.....paying a lot depennds

carl cox and roxy was $40
pvd at roxy $40
tiesto at roxy $40
digweed at Centro fly $30
DT at arc every friday $25
Howells at arc last sat of everymonth $30

Big names that will be in NYC in the next 2 months
Marco V
Armen Van Burren
Ferry Corsten
Howells

if i can think of anymore ill post them

Prices for drinks
Water $5 and u can refill the bottle
Beer$6-7
Mixed drinks $7-8

two great webistes with uptodate info
www.clubplanet.com
www.vipguestlist.com

both with message boards and full dj and club infos

Great info msoprano, thanks. Are these clubs (Roxy, Centro Fly, Arc) quite easy to get to/central.
Is there an area that would be best to stay, which would give me a good base for nightlife, shopping, sightseeing. Thanks again.

hook19 said:
Great info msoprano, thanks. Are these clubs (Roxy, Centro Fly, Arc) quite easy to get to/central.
Is there an area that would be best to stay, which would give me a good base for nightlife, shopping, sightseeing. Thanks again.

Roxy is not that far out. It is 515 West 18th Street. All NYC streets are on a grid so have a look at a map. I also went to The Limelight on a Sunday. Both really good!

hook19 said:
as long as you are in nyc it doesnt make a difference where u stay....taxis are easy to get and are cheap....just make sure u have the address of the place or they wont know.....

as far as shopping im not to familiar with that aspect....

New York City Lounges and Clubs

Robo said:
There are some new yorkers on this site, whom maybe able to help you, and people with past expereinces, but without sounding rude, this is mainly an ibiza site, but you should still get some information form othewr members!!

DO Some Lounges First.. (Eugene, Spa, Suite 16, Vue, Lot61, Pangaea, Serafina) Then Do Discoteque..

If you like 18+ years crowd then Def. go to ROXY..Fridays... Sat is gay night.

If you like more mature crowd, nice looking ppl, go to SOUND FACTORY, but get there between 5am and 6:30am (that's why do LOUNGES FIRST) Go on Sunday Morning.

If you like a more rave, underground and be Yourself style crowd (clothing, shoes, look) then go to ARC (formerly knows as Vinyl) for Danny Tenaglia, but GO ON FRIDAYS... Sat is usually gay night.

If you like VERY NICE TRENDY AND FASHIONALBE PEOPLE GO TO Spa and/or Discoteque... Ages 25 - 35... very High Rollers!

MY PREFERNCE for you to go is a.) spa b.) discoteke then c.) sound Factory... For Lounges go to: LOT 61

Have fun!

Re: New York City Lounges and Clubs

SFSunshine said:
Robo said:
If you like a more rave, underground and be Yourself style crowd (clothing, shoes, look) then go to ARC (formerly knows as Vinyl) for Danny Tenaglia, but GO ON FRIDAYS... Sat is usually gay night.
hey u have tha backwards.....FRIDAY is gay night at Arc(Vinyl) and DT does spin there every friday

Sats are far from gay....Mad girls are there and the sat residents include howells, sanchez and lawler.......they pop up everyother month or so...

Special guests to be coming:
Marco V
Hawtin and Veth tag teamed it out
Howells and DT battled it out this past sat
Saeed and paeesh or how ever there names are are spinning on new years eve if i heard correctly

Centro fly is off the hook....they always have ill talent in that place and drinks are mad good....i asked for absolute and cran and the bartender goes i gave you greygoose for the same price 8) :p

Re: New York City Lounges and Clubs

msoprano13 said:
SFSunshine said:
Robo said:
hey u have tha backwards.....FRIDAY is gay night at Arc(Vinyl) and DT does spin there every friday

Sats are far from gay....Mad girls are there and the sat residents include howells, sanchez and lawler.......they pop up everyother month or so...

Special guests to be coming:
Marco V
Hawtin and Veth tag teamed it out
Howells and DT battled it out this past sat
Saeed and paeesh or how ever there names are are spinning on new years eve if i heard correctly

Centro fly is off the hook....they always have ill talent in that place and drinks are mad good....i asked for absolute and cran and the bartender goes i gave you greygoose for the same price 8) :p

I used to go several times on Fridays & even now when All my SF friends go on Fridays IS REGULAR night dude... ARC Fridays is BE YOURSELF, look at the flyer, logo and/or actually DO GO, is REGULAR NIGHT!!!

AND, We all know that DT spins there every FRIDAY.... We Know that already. And D. Howells comes in once every month to spin on Saturdays... we all know that.. ! I don't have it backwards.... FRIDAY IS BE YOURSELF... But then, Is all good!!! If you love vinyl THEN have fun and enjoy..... Dude HAVE A GREAT TIME... Music is our DRUG!

By the way, TIESTO ON NYEve and PVD at club Glow, D.C. on 11/28/02

have a great time....

nyc- ok where shall i start........

as far as clubbing goes- clubbing in nyc sucks in my open, honest opinion. there are no more good clubs to go to. arc (formerly known as vinyl) is a dark, hole in the wall club that was recently renovated and serves no alcohol- IMO
danny howells is resident dj there every last saturday of the month.

um- exit- is a club full of too f-d up people who do not know how to act, with wacked out dj's on friday nites, they tried to get good names to come but the atmosphere sucks. if you want to get your foot stepped on and see a bunch of people from out of state then thats the club to go to. door prices are very expensive especially when they want to bring in int'l talent.

the best club/ lounge in nyc i would say is monday nites (tronic treatment) at baktun. they bring in int'l talent spinning techno. and only 5 us dollars.

but fridays and saturday nites in nyc suck..

check out www.naughtybooth.com to get more info on where to go.

shopping- go to the village, you will find pretty reasonable stores, for high end stores- go to 5th avenue 48th street and up.

hope this helps.

have fun.

mimikitty said:
nyc- ok where shall i start........

as far as clubbing goes- clubbing in nyc sucks in my open, honest opinion. there are no more good clubs to go to. arc (formerly known as vinyl) is a dark, hole in the wall club that was recently renovated and serves no alcohol- IMO
danny howells is resident dj there every last saturday of the month.

um- exit- is a club full of too f-d up people who do not know how to act, with wacked out dj's on friday nites, they tried to get good names to come but the atmosphere sucks. if you want to get your foot stepped on and see a bunch of people from out of state then thats the club to go to. door prices are very expensive especially when they want to bring in int'l talent.

the best club/ lounge in nyc i would say is monday nites (tronic treatment) at baktun. they bring in int'l talent spinning techno. and only 5 us dollars.

but fridays and saturday nites in nyc suck..

check out www.naughtybooth.com to get more info on where to go.

shopping- go to the village, you will find pretty reasonable stores, for high end stores- go to 5th avenue 48th street and up.

hope this helps.

have fun.

Mimikitty where are you from btw? Do you live in the States, Europe, UK? Please advise!

That's a broad (er) opinion on NYC - But, that's your personal opinion which I DO RESPECT. I'm just curious to know where do you live or go for clubs and/or lounges in general.

I agree with you on two items:
VINYL (arc) SUCKS = YES, BIG TIME, AND THEY create a new club for both Danny Tenaglia and Danny Howells.

Exit Sucks = Yes, BIG TIME no respect for this club what so ever, 98% of chinatown is there every friday and Saturday, Last time I was there was 2 years ago when PVD did a 6 hours set. I hope this place gets BURN!

Lounges:
They should try Lot61, Suede, Halo, Eugene, Spa, Pangaea, Serafina, Vue, Lotus...
Latest two Lounges opened in NYC are: Sessa and B'Lo very hard to get in, but U KNOW THE DRILL...

Best clubs to go:
Sound Factory, Discoteque and Spa, maybe Supper Club and Roxy if u are desperate..!

Have a great time!

Back