NEW YORK CLUBBING

yes, I am from the states NYC Manhattan to be exact.

And the clubs that your naming are mostly clubs/lounges for people to profile.

Clubs in NY are sooooooooooo very different than clublife in Europe or anywhere abroad. In my open and most honest opinion and yes this is my opinion I think that people over there are more friendly and know how to have more fun. There is an atmosphere there, there is an energy there that I feel NYC clubs lack... I find that people here just want to profile and act snotty no one is really into music, clubbing in general. People just want to get all dolled up and go somewhere not knowing who is playing just go to profile and act snotty. But this is my opinion. Some people may like it, I for one do not like going somewhere where people will just stand around and profile and act like their shizzy don't stink.

So, clubbing in NYC in my most honest opinion truly sucks!!! I have not experienced clubbing like I have in Ibiza, London, Europe in general in NYC not since Twilo but that was long ago.

Now here comes all the other clubs that want to pick you out of the crowd and tell you whether or not you look good enough to get in.

That is not my idea of a good time. Clubbing is supposed to be fun. The atmosphere at the clubs you speak of are not fun people just want to be cute... but this is my opinion. :oops: :oops:

mimikitty said:
yes, I am from the states NYC Manhattan to be exact.

And the clubs that your naming are mostly clubs/lounges for people to profile.

Clubs in NY are sooooooooooo very different than clublife in Europe or anywhere abroad. In my open and most honest opinion and yes this is my opinion I think that people over there are more friendly and know how to have more fun. There is an atmosphere there, there is an energy there that I feel NYC clubs lack... I find that people here just want to profile and act snotty no one is really into music, clubbing in general. People just want to get all dolled up and go somewhere not knowing who is playing just go to profile and act snotty. But this is my opinion. Some people may like it, I for one do not like going somewhere where people will just stand around and profile and act like their shizzy don't stink.

So, clubbing in NYC in my most honest opinion truly sucks!!! I have not experienced clubbing like I have in Ibiza, London, Europe in general in NYC not since Twilo but that was long ago.

Now here comes all the other clubs that want to pick you out of the crowd and tell you whether or not you look good enough to get in.

That is not my idea of a good time. Clubbing is supposed to be fun. The atmosphere at the clubs you speak of are not fun people just want to be cute... but this is my opinion. :oops: :oops:

I really don't have problems going to places that I mentioned... to the contrary, we HAVE more FUN going to these places then Twilo which is not my scene aka Exit... Roger Sanchez and Eric Morillo do come to play at Discoteque and Centro Fly... Saw Oakenfold at Club Pacha, Ibiza and also saw him at Centro Fly...

Profile, what profile?... Nah, people are nice if you are nice to them, GIRLS with talk to u If u approach them with a Smile... I totally disagree with you on clubs here in Nyc..

I lived and went to School in Barcelona, nothing compared to clubs here in NYC and South Beach, Florida and Los Angeles.

I have done 3 clubs in London and still find that NYC and South Beach, FL rules.

I have done Ibiza many times and I THINK my best club is a.) pacha b.) Amnesia and c.) Space..........Dont' Like DC10 EVEN though Danny Tenaglia happenend to make a Surprise Appearance after Privilege.

I have personally lived in three major cities in the USA, Los Angeles, CA, (spundae, giant, red, naked, 1015, garden of eden) South Beach, FL (space, level, crobar, bash, liquid, BED, Opium Garden) New York only dig SF, Discoteke, and SPA...

There's no profile here in nyc clubs/lounges... THAT'S NONSENSE.. !

yea i ahve to disagree as well...

for a whle the nyc clubbing scene has been hurting but not anymore

major playas come here now and the music has been slamming,,,,after carl cox and roxy and digweed at centro fly i think its safe to say that NYC IS BACK

the vibes those two nights were back like it used to be

I am not trying to argue your points here. I am just trying to make my point and my point of view thats why i said it was my opionion.

You are entitled to your opinions as I am to mine.

I will have to really disagree with you about South Beach and NYC, I have never been to South beach but I have heard they tend to pick people from the crowd whether or not they look good enough. If thats your thing then more power to you. I do not think to go clubbing you need to look, dress a certain way to get in. I think clubbing is a way to have fun no matter what race, sex, gender or what the hell your wearing. It is a place where people go to free themselves from the routine they call life. And if a place where they pick people out b/c of how they look is what you call clubbing then so be it. You are entitled to your opinion.

And as far as NYC clubbing goes for me its not how it used to be. i think the atmosphere is dead but again i will stress this is MY OPEN AND HONEST OPINION!!

And clubbing abroad to me is so much better than clubbing here b/c I find that people there know the true meaning of clubbing where as here they just go out to get wrecked and see if your pretty enough..BUT AGAIN THIS IS MY OPINION!!!!

And yes, I too can go up to people and talk to them but thats not the point I am stressing here.

A few of you say you've enjoyed clubbing in London, I've been to some of the clubs and in my opinion it's not a patch on the North of England. Clubs like Shindig in Newcastle, Basics in Leeds or Sugarshack in Middlesbrough (my hometown so I suppose I'm biased) blow the pants off anything London has to offer.
Hope I don't get slated for that, again it's just a personal preferance but the atmosphere up north can at times resemble Ibiza!!!!!!

Hook19, no youu won't get slated for that, i tend to think that the clubs in london can sometimes be exaggerated, although they are good!!!!

Hey, I've had some great nights at Fabric and The Cross and a few years ago Home and M.O.S. were excellent. I just think I sometimes get that little bit more from clubbing in Northern England that is just an every night feeling in Ibiza !!?
If you know what I mean ?!!!

I'm in NYC, so ask away....

As for the club scene, it changes-- new clubs open up, etc. As of late NYC has been going towards the upscale Lounge type venues. But fear not there are alot of PHAT clubs here, too many to list.

Can't you come here for New Years Eve?
This year check it out:
Tiest @ WORLD
Oakenfold @ EXIT
DeepDish@ LimeLight
TallPaul @ Powder

Also in NY, people dress sharp for clubs. Jeans are rarely worn. So I recommend doing some club shopping when you are here.

SiDFresh said:
I'm in NYC, so ask away....

As for the club scene, it changes-- new clubs open up, etc. As of late NYC has been going towards the upscale Lounge type venues. But fear not there are alot of PHAT clubs here, too many to list.

Can't you come here for New Years Eve?
This year check it out:
Tiest @ WORLD
Oakenfold @ EXIT
DeepDish@ LimeLight
TallPaul @ Powder

Also in NY, people dress sharp for clubs. Jeans are rarely worn. So I recommend doing some club shopping when you are here.

Dude.. NO offense! - seriously NONE WHAT SO EVER... We are friends here right .. Ok then.!

But we have (nyc) been wearing Marc Jacobs, Diesel, KC, AC, D&G Jeans TO GO CLUBBING... Since when U haven't seen any guys NOT wearing jeans...

2001 was established to be the Denim Fashion Year.... Beyond that and Up to today, Everyone that I know, when I go to a club ALL I WEAR IS JEANS.... f***ing Trendy Jeans though.. LOL Not baggy and/or with Timberland boots... Just some nice Flare, faded, Fanker by Diesel or Roberto Cannally will do just fine.

All women (hot chicks) are wearing Seven and Marc Jacobs.. DAMN THEY LOOK HOT.

and yes Tiesto will be at the World, 43 and broadway (tourist area) $200 dollars a ticket.... f*** i'm paying that YES I am...Anyhow, everything, everywhere U go here in NYC is $100, $150 + for nYe

Currently there are 17 Very Beautiful Lounges here in NEW YORK CITY.

Let me break it down for you my fellow CLUBBERS:

Lot61 on Mondays
Suite 16 on Tuesdays
Suede on Wednesdays
Eugenes on Thursdays
Spa on Fridays
Spa on SAturdays
Discoteque on Saturdays
Pangaea on Sundays
Serafina on Sundays

Have fun, enjoy and see u at either Spa or Discoteque on SAturdays!
I'm an anti EXIT person LOL

Have fun PPL

depends on where you go, you can spend nothing and go to a free lounge or you can spend $10 to $50.

Back