New York City - Help / Advice / Tips

Me toooo! 8)

This is the first time I've been where I haven't set an itinerary in order to cram everything in. The first time we did all the obvious stuff and then the 2nd and 3rd times we took my parents then his parents, so we had to do it all again to some extent

This time around I plan on a more chilled out experience incorporating plenty of vintage shopping, a lot more time spent exploring East & West Village and hopefully catching the Pogues at Terminal 5 if we can cadge some tickets from a tout. There's no way I'm paying the current going rate of $75!

What have you got planned Buckley?

Well, my best friend from school has just moved from Brooklyn to New Jersey in readiness for the arrival of his first child. Should be about 8 weeks old when we get there so we'll be visiting them for a start.

I fancy some sports so we'll see what's on, plus maybe some gigs. We'll be in Manhattan most of the time, so we're going running in Central Park every day.

I've been enough to have done most tourist things but I just love being in New York, talking to people, taking in the pace of the place.

Will definitely be going here again: http://www.thehighline.org/

The odd bar might be troubled also.........

You?

Not long to go! Any Spotlighters gotta any contacts or codes for hotel discounts? My go-to girl such things was the ex's mate and she prolly won't be to keen to hook up the missus and I:lol:

Ended up booking the Hudson through their website direct. Buy you a beer for the help if you're around though mate. 8)

Great hotel 8)

You stayed there before?

Dead handy for Columbus Circle Subway which will get you nearly anywhere on the island!

And close to the park for your running which I'm guessing that's one reason you chose it?

My only complaint was the rooms are quite small (even for NYC standards!). Upgrade if you can.

Great hotel 8)

You stayed there before?

Dead handy for Columbus Circle Subway which will get you nearly anywhere on the island!

And close to the park for your running which I'm guessing that's one reason you chose it?

My only complaint was the rooms are quite small (even for NYC standards!). Upgrade if you can.

Never stayed there, no. Will upgrade, I think!

Plans to run have been shelved as the missus reckons she'll be all run out at the marathon this weekend, but might bike around Central I reckon.

Can't wait!

I always love going back to read about Kokies:lol:. Has anyone been to The Happy Strock in Miami?Its kokies in the sun..:D

Back