New Years Eve 2008/2009

CruMster

I know its a little early but after having the ****test new year ever last year, im trying to plan ahead this time around. Anyone know of anything good going on around Britain?

Ive seen the lineup for the last 2 WHP in Manchester so thats one option but im looking for any other suggestions!

Cheers in advance.

Either party at mine or my mates or my mate's bar then back to mine. If can't get babysitter will just be meal out early and drinks indoors and bundles with the kids.

NYD think we may possibly be heading to MOS but that again depends on night before and also what else is going on.

To be honest I find NYE overated and over priced. I party all year not just one night!! :lol:

Mind you if anyone does have any news on what is going on NYE I am still interested as nothing is concrete yet.

Either party at mine or my mates or my mate's bar then back to mine. If can't get babysitter will just be meal out early and drinks indoors and bundles with the kids.

NYD think we may possibly be heading to MOS but that again depends on night before and also what else is going on.

To be honest I find NYE overated and over priced. I party all year not just one night!! :lol:

Mind you if anyone does have any news on what is going on NYE I am still interested as nothing is concrete yet.

NYD at MOS is Guetta mate, I wouldnt go there if you paid me ;)

Im not a massive fan of NYE either its all about NYD!

NYD at MOS is Guetta mate, I wouldnt go there if you paid me ;)

Im not a massive fan of NYE either its all about NYD!

No I am not a fan of Guetta (helmet) but I think just following the crowd (or the missus) as they say. A few good mates going MOS so just nice to have a booze with them.

Yes, I think we will be local NYE then see what is occuring NYD.

You out early doors Saturday?

New Years Day is a Thurs this year isnt it? I have been roped into going into work on the Friday after :spank: How god dam annoying even though its not my year to work. But anyway....

My NYE last year was awful as I was bedridden with flu, I made it out for a meal but couldnt eat or drink without fear of feeling like I was gonna vomit so I am definitely making up for it this year but just dont know what. My original feeling was I dont want to be in this country as its so over rated, I get fed up with everyone asking me what I am doing, competing who can have the best NYE. So on that note I might just stay at home in my PJs eating chocs and drinking myself into oblivion :lol:

clubbing on NYE is invariably terrible.

Would rather be orchestrating chaos at someone's house (for free)

Derek Griffiths was a superstar - file alongside brian cant (no not a typo), janet ellis, tony hart, terry nutkins - the elite of kid's tv for many years

although all (with possible exception of ellis) now probable nonce cases

try to always leave it low key - millenium still rankles with me - in fact I think my £90 ish cream ticket is still on the visa!

however especially so this year as I return on 30th Dec after two weeks on various beaches in Goa. 8):)

Olly is right on this - stay home and organise a celebration instead. Or even better, find a friend who is happy to give up their home to some true fun and games...! Preferably where noise won't be a problem or where everyone is celebrating at once. We are in the mountains at NY and everywhere is party central so can't go wrong (lucky I know...)

....I might just stay at home in my PJs eating chocs and drinking myself into oblivion :lol:
Always a good plan! I've had various average and below average nights out for New Year but my favourite has to be New year 06/07, it's my birthday on 30th Dec so I always prefer to go out for something special then, that year I went up to Manchester shopping and to see Miss Saigon at the theatre and loved it, I then drove back to Brum in the afternoon of NYE and there was barely a car on the road (unusually) and then me and the boyf stayed in with a curry and watched Star Wars! This year I'm thinking of going crazy and having a chinese and watching SATC instead! :lol: I think NYE is always a bit cr*ap because January is all about more long dark cold nights, being broke after xmas and the summer seems a life time away, with my birthday being over as well January really is a cr*ap month, but now I've taken up snowboarding I always have something to look forward to after new year!

I like to go away for New Year, makes the New Year so much more pleasureable when you're not having to go back to work on 2nd January :lol:

2 1/2 weeks in Thailand for us this year again, in previous years we've done 2 New Years in Ibiza and a couple in Barcelona. Even if you can only get away for 5 days or so it just is nice to get away when England is generally going to be cold, dark and miserable :twisted:

Barbie has got the right idea always good to get away for NYE, ive been away every year since the Millenium, i stayed at home that year and it was one of the worst nites ive ever had,all that hype and it was dreadful.

Last year i was in London @ Moondance, London's biggest and best NYE party,brilliant nite, prior to that ive been in Dubai the last 4 years on NYE, 3 of those have been djing and all being well ill be there again this Xmas and NYE dj;ing as well8)

I love a big NYE party, the bigger the better.

Not heard too many line-ups as yet so will be keeping an eye out for news in the coming weeks.

Seeing as we've been give the friday off at work, i'll probably be keen on the NYD events too.

Rob, where are you going on NYD then?

Always a good plan! I've had various average and below average nights out for New Year but my favourite has to be New year 06/07, it's my birthday on 30th Dec so I always prefer to go out for something special then, that year I went up to Manchester shopping and to see Miss Saigon at the theatre and loved it, I then drove back to Brum in the afternoon of NYE and there was barely a car on the road (unusually) and then me and the boyf stayed in with a curry and watched Star Wars! This year I'm thinking of going crazy and having a chinese and watching SATC instead! :lol: I think NYE is always a bit cr*ap because January is all about more long dark cold nights, being broke after xmas and the summer seems a life time away, with my birthday being over as well January really is a cr*ap month, but now I've taken up snowboarding I always have something to look forward to after new year!

You sound on my wavelength :lol:

For so many years when I was younger we would go to the local clubs and get completely ripped off. Just wasnt worth it - or maybe it was then but when you get a bit older.......:lol:

I am hoping someone will have a party but cant see it happening as not a lot us have our own places but as soon as I get my own place that is definitely what will be happening ;)

I love a big NYE party, the bigger the better.

Not heard too many line-ups as yet so will be keeping an eye out for news in the coming weeks.

Seeing as we've been give the friday off at work, i'll probably be keen on the NYD events too.

Rob, where are you going on NYD then?

Not sure yet mate I will let you know once something is arranged.

At the moment I have only seen Guetta at Ministry and Circo Loco at the End both of which Im not that bothered about.

Back