New Workers Questions and Answers

Answers for Germaine: All 3 depend on your work ethic, your willingness to do 'any kinds' of work (I mean legal minimum wage type jobs), how hard you are willing to work. Hours vary depending on job.

Personally I've always managed to pay my rent, go out 3-4 times a week at least and eat (as long as Ive kept to a strict budget). "Attractions" are easily do-able, you just have to remember that sometimes work comes first and you can't demand days off all the time because you think your on hoiday.

Hours depend - Bar / restaurant work will either be days or evenings, night in some cases for bars, ticket sales are generally day times as are work for things like watersports and other day activities. Expect to do an 8 hour shift (or longer) without a 'lunch' break in many cases, athough lots of places feed you at work or allow you to eat your own food. Just dont expect a 1hr set break in the middle of a shift.

When will be able to book apartments for working next year? Was thinking of Es Vedra workers apartments

Question: When can you start booking apartments for 2014?
Answer: A lot of people normally start enquiring around Nov-Dec (Most likely through over excitedness). By the time places have been confirmed on prce and when things start to happen is January onwards. I know Es Vedra is normally quite on the ball but having never wanted to stay there, I dont know exact dates. Wait till the end of the season then enquire. It's normally a small deposit to pay first and then rest of the deposit and first months rent on arrival.

Hello!

I've recently been getting a hell of a lot of private messages asking questions about accommodation, jobs, meeting new people, how to 'fit in' etc and I'm very sorry but frankly don't have time to answer all your questions or messages individually...

SOOOO.... if you would like to ask a Question please post here and I will post the Answer, no need for thank yous or responses unless it's a specific new question, otherwise things will get lost! This will save me continually having to answer the same questions1

I was just starting to feel a little guilty for ignoring people or taking ages to respond!

Sure a few other of the previous seasoners may also be able to post a helpful tip or two as well :)

Hi there was just wandering if many people stay in Ibiza longer than October?, I understand the clubbing season finishes then but I don't fancy coming back to a cold Scotland end of October. Any info will be much appreciated, many thanks Adzo

Hello!

I've recently been getting a hell of a lot of private messages asking questions about accommodation, jobs, meeting new people, how to 'fit in' etc and I'm very sorry but frankly don't have time to answer all your questions or messages individually...

SOOOO.... if you would like to ask a Question please post here and I will post the Answer, no need for thank yous or responses unless it's a specific new question, otherwise things will get lost! This will save me continually having to answer the same questions1

I was just starting to feel a little guilty for ignoring people or taking ages to respond!

Sure a few other of the previous seasoners may also be able to post a helpful tip or two as well :)

Are all jobs cash in hand or should I open up a spanish bank account or is it possible to be payed into a british bank account ?

Question: are jobs cash in hand?
Answer: most are cash in hand as bars have an awful lot of cash and also very few workers have a bank account. You can open a non-residents bank account if you have an nie but again few people do.

Hi Wednesday, wonder if you can give me some info on the buses round Ibiza?
I use them sometimes on holiday, but with being there for the season I'd imagine I'd be using them alot more.
Are they usually on time and is there like a discounted travel card you can get for frequent use?

I always find the buses to be very reliable. Especially the SanAn-IbizaTown-PDB route and the Airport buses and the club buses.

I have indeed heard about a travel card you get for discounted travel but I really don't know much about it. I'm sure someone else might know. I just don't use buses frequently enough to have required.

Cheers, noticed last year the new bus station made a big difference with the San An-PDB connection. No more runnin up and down tryin to find the right kiosk and then remembering what stop you were standing at.

^ ^ The 'new' bus station in IT has now shut down.
The bus stops are back on the street as before but have been shuffled around a bit.
Tickets on the bus.

It's a long and complicated story....but basically the new place is not fit for purpose.
Who knows what the situation will be by summer though?

Hey Ibiza-freaks,

I'm Roel from Holland. I'm interested in a ticket selling job (cirque de la nuit).
Can someone tell me a little bit more about this job?
For example: how hard is it to sell tickets (so you will earn a reasonable amount of money), is it hard to work all day on the beach, etc. etc.
Thanks!

Cheers

For example: how hard is it to sell tickets (so you will earn a reasonable amount of money), is it hard to work all day on the beach,

if you have a talent for selling you can earn decent money, but you need to be active and outgoing. else it can be pretty hard to earn good money and then you also won't enjoy the sun and the heat as much. one thing's for sure though - you'll be amongst the people with the darkest tan on the island if you're working on the beach every day.

It's very quick and easy to buy a sim card in San Antonio. The Internet cafes sell them, some bars sell them, the accommodation place sells them, there's also a phone shop on the street parallel to the west end.

1. How much on average do people make doing PR work?

2. How useful is being able to speak spanish in san an? Are there many young spanish people about San an, or is it pretty much all British?

3. Is German a useful language to have out there?

3. Are there any reasonably priced Gyms in san an?

4. Is there any general workers wristbands or are there different ones depending on which companies you work for?

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
don't know about the average people earn pr'ing...other people will be able to tell you more.

ANY european language you speak apart from english is useful.

every promoter/club has their own pass/wristband, so you'll be getting plenty of different ones not just one.

1) 30-50 euros basic on some bars. 0-100 euros on commission only bars. Not everyone gets the same it depends on your worth and how hard you work.

2) there are a lot of young Spanish although they tend to drink more in the Spanish bars which are very much busier on Saturdays.

3) there isn't a lot of Germans about but it won't be a hindrance

4) there are a couple of gyms most people use. I'm not a gym goer though so really don't know the prices.

5) lots of different wristbands. Enjoy a big white patch on your wrist :)

Back