New owners and name for BOOOM! in 2014?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defected was suited to Pacha and vice versa, but I think that this was its only real home on the island. They balls'd up moving last year and tbh, I cannot think of anywhere else where they would fit in other than Ushuaia (if they didnt want to go down the nightime party route)

There is obviously something going on in the background, SD is no fool.

Defected was suited to Pacha and vice versa, but I think that this was its only real home on the island. They balls'd up moving last year and tbh, I cannot think of anywhere else where they would fit in other than Ushuaia (if they didnt want to go down the nightime party route)

There is obviously something going on in the background, SD is no fool.

Yeah must be something going on.

Not sure they had much choice in the move from Pacha last year. Pacha wanted a BIG Saturday night party (which Defected was years ago) and it became a deep house night - which while amazing - was probably not suited to Pacha on a Saturday.

Pacha's "Pure Pacha" last summer was a road-block almost challenging FMIF in terms of numbers.

Wasnt aware that Pure Pacha was so successful last year. They should have negotiated another night with them?

Anyway, they have gone now.

Wasnt aware that Pure Pacha was so successful last year. They should have negotiated another night with them?

Anyway, they have gone now.

The thing last year was Pacha bringing nights in house, and making the nights consistent. Defected/Tong etc while very good in 2012 were all over the place from week to week. Pacha basically didn't need Defected IMO as they took the best bits of defected and created other nights off the back of them (and very successfully).

So in 2012 Solomun had 3 or 4 dates at Defected @ Pacha = so successful that he got a residency at Pacha in 2013. INSANE was created to make a more tech-house / house night. And then the more cheesy side of Defected at Pacha (Bob Sinclair etc) now have even more nights at Pacha in the form of Pure Pacha.....

to continue working with this trainwreck of a venue is damaging to the whole defected label, it's a shame.
good to see that hopefully nick curly has jumped ships again, I don't see him on the list of djs announced so far.

Nick Curly is doing Ants & Viva warriors events this year...could still do Defected too.
I cant imagine Simon would have agreed to carry on at Booom if there was any uncertainty for the summer ahead at the venue.

Last edited:
Didn't end up going to boom last year, but I did hear something really interesting about someone who is going to be involved this year, if true it would be really great and I would defiantly be going. Watch this space..

Hated the place. Hated the layout and the sound system was terrible, worst I have heard in all my years.

I'm thinking of going next weekend to check it out, do you know how busy it's been over winter? Are the prices bad? Like 15e+ for spirit and mixer?

Apart from surely just pure greed and knowing people will pay those prices is there any other reason why drinks in clubs are so expensive?

Obviously there are a lot of things to pay for but surely they if they reduce the prices more people would buy alcohol rather than an occasional bottle of water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back