New club in San Antonio ??

i've been. good, polite service, full shelves, cheap prices AND ideal for holidaymakers as well as locals. a good selection of fresh, easy to cook meat - kebabs, sausages, chicken fillets and the like perfect for bbq's and places with limited cooking facilities. nice fresh fruit and veg and of course lots of wine, spirits and beers. i must admit to being sorely tempted by the chainsaws on offer there this week.

all in all, a pleasant shopping experience and the cashier wished me a nice day as i paid!

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Looks good but I reckon the odds of me stumbling there in a half asleep haze in the boiling sun is unlikely...so eroski it is for me!

Last year I mostly bought meat from pete the butcher, veg from the massive fresh veg market stall behind mambos (ideally infront of my building last year!) and pasta from eroski...

Saying that I did live the majority of my time there on pasta cheese bread tuna... well with a good few dozen helpings of davids! my friend worked there and used to bring us food when he finished :D

I'm massively into cooking at home but can survive on boring meals for 5 months of the year, too hot to bother cooking anyway!

This is obviously going to be a very popular shop,I've not been to the other one (Figueretas) for a couple of years and at that time the only fresh fruit or veg available was a large sack of spuds!

The only Lidl I've been in since is the Penge branch (jewel of south London) and they had the same cheap Cava as Figueretas,but not the same bizzare selection of Frankfurters.

It's by the roundabout as you enter San An,where the bus turns to the right....

edit: if you're coming the other way

You could be coming any old way if you visit the brothel on the other side of the road next to the police station:!:

we walked up to this on Saturday, to see if it was open, but there were lots of boxes still needing unpacked, security fencing up,but people washing windows,
but fencing came down on Monday, it looks all nice and new and little plants all over,

theibizasun

Lidl
It was second time lucky for the new supermarket chain after it finally opened its doors for business last week; although the original inauguration had been due to take place towards the end of March, problems with paperwork resulted in it being delayed for almost three weeks. A quick glance suggests that it is far more spacious and with the merchandise better displayed than in the branch in Ibiza Town, with wide aisles for ease of shopping. Prices for known brands seemed to be on a par with other local supermarket chains, but their own, unrecognized, brands were significantly cheaper. Due to problems with the planning permits the supermarket has been forced to split into sections, with separate check-out tills. Visitors on the first couple of days reported that it was very busy, with goods flying from the shelves into loaded trolleys; so much for crisis!

does the new sanan-lidl have something like a special section
with spanish or even ibizencan products ?
is the overall selection much bigger than in the one in ibiza ?

i've been. good, polite service, full shelves, cheap prices AND ideal for holidaymakers as well as locals. a good selection of fresh, easy to cook meat - kebabs, sausages, chicken fillets and the like perfect for bbq's and places with limited cooking facilities. nice fresh fruit and veg and of course lots of wine, spirits and beers. i must admit to being sorely tempted by the chainsaws on offer there this week.

all in all, a pleasant shopping experience and the cashier wished me a nice day as i paid!

I've had the same experience. I was sick of going to that crappy little supermarket in San An where all the restaurants are.

I made a weekly visit to LIDL and saved a lot more money.

The customer service was miles better than those ****ty phillipino ladies in San an that make you even bag your own stuff after you purchase it… and all of that happens once they finish their conversations of course.

i've become the whining bitch on the forums and happy to accept it. I'm much nicer in person. :oops:

does the new sanan-lidl have something like a special section
with spanish or even ibizencan products ?
is the overall selection much bigger than in the one in ibiza ?
I didn't notice any special area for spanish stuff,usual mix up, pretty sure there was nothing specifically Ibizan (could be wrong). I think more choices and deffo much more space.

Oh yeah! for lovers of white wine I heartily recommend Vina Pati Blanco from Rueda €1.59..ZINGY!

Back