Needing advice

i know its not ibiza but have you consider tenerife/gran canaria?

id love to move to ibiza full time but only thing is stopping me is winter, i think id get very lonely and cold.

went to tenerife earlier this year, i couldnt believe how much warmer and more alive. you can work all year easily!

personally if i want to live abroad, id pick tenerife, las americans/los cristinos

Hey, I'm taking the plunge too ... finishing my work in London shortly and have an apartment booked in Ibiza Town from late September.

I've been learning Spanish for months. I've got the apartment up to Christmas and hope to have secured a long term rental by then.

From a friend who's lived on the island previously yes it seems quiet but the Winter residents are pretty sociable. Apparently lots of things happen on Formentara.

I should have done this years ago, but the timing for me now is right. I don't want another 10 years to pass and say I should have done that!

Look forward to grabbing a beer.

we've been discussing letting our apartment in BCN out next summer and heading across for 8-12 weeks - combining with my dayjob. probably enough to live on but don't wanted to get sucked into some rip-off short-term hire (saw too many horror stories this year)

I am also wanting to make the move it is do able for me but I worry about meeting people of a similar age that I can hang out with (I'm 27) does anyone know if there are many people my kind of age living there year round?

From contacts i know living in ibz since this year , french people (im french so i know more french workers than other nationality) on their 30 max
don t really know if they find a job out of season
Pr, dj or performer along ibz summer for Carl Cox , Privilege party Resistance Afterlife,benimussa afterparty Heart ibz
they rent a room if anyone in..Jesus...
other girl from lithuania made a move 3 years ago but b4 making the move they work in ibz at least 1 summer and they made a lot of contacts in ibz

but not a lot of workers i know made the move to work in ibz, u have to 1rst work there for summer, making contacts & see if u may stay there out of season, i hope u speak spanish

I am also wanting to make the move it is do able for me but I worry about meeting people of a similar age that I can hang out with (I'm 27) does anyone know if there are many people my kind of age living there year round?
Hey , we live here all year ,,
I'd say the 20-30 year olds do travel more over the winter , all depends on work .
Obviously if you have to work and it's on the island you stay ,,
Was a cold 20 today walking around dalt villa !!

From contacts i know living in ibz since this year , french people (im french so i know more french workers than other nationality) on their 30 max
don t really know if they find a job out of season
Pr, dj or performer along ibz summer for Carl Cox , Privilege party Resistance Afterlife,benimussa afterparty Heart ibz
they rent a room if anyone in..Jesus...
other girl from lithuania made a move 3 years ago but b4 making the move they work in ibz at least 1 summer and they made a lot of contacts in ibz

but not a lot of workers i know made the move to work in ibz, u have to 1rst work there for summer, making contacts & see if u may stay there out of season, i hope u speak spanish
Mate you dont need Spanish , yes it help but it's not necessary.

I know quit a few french here through my transport business ,, nice guys . Mostly family guys with kids , they have businesses in Paris and live here .

For seasonal workers there is nothing here over the winter , best to plan to do what you do all year it's the only way to survive

working in a country without knowing the basics of the language may sounds weird..

yes i know ibz s job is quiet dead in winter to april, as one worker may plan to go back to France soon & sooner :D
i got french djs that struggle to have sessions even along summer...some just make the move this year, my bro for all Pacha guestlist :lol:

some girl still owning me 550€ from 800€ borrowed ibz closing 16 :rolleyes: , without job i hope she will carry on paying back my money
Trop bon trop con as we say in a french quote..too nice too dumb..

"Ibizatom"did you ever follow your dream in the end? Just curious....

Unfortunately not as yet. You know how it is. Finances. Love and work seem to get in the way all the time. Been back several times since though and am on the island in 3 weeks time.

Back