MY FAVOURITES - ALLTIME CHILLTUNES!

Ibiza-girlie

THIS TUNE WAS AMAZING LAST YEAR, THEY PLAYED IT AT SAVANNAH AND AS WELL AT CAFE DEL MAR. ITS A CHILLOUT-TUNE WITH A GROUP CALLED FRICTION AND HAS NO OTHER VOCALS THAT A FEMALE VOICE HUMMING SOME STUFF VERY SOFTLY ON THIS GROOVE CHILLBEAT...IT WAS EXCELLENT!

THE FIRST TIME I WENT TO THE ISLAND, I FELL MADLY IN LOVE WITH AFTERLIFE - DUB IN YA´MIND WHICH THE 3 CAFEES ON THE STRIP PLAYES all the time! EVERYTIME I PUT ON THAT TRACK IT INSTANTLY TAKES ME BACK TO THAT MOMENT AND INTO THAT "FEEL" - AAHHH...BLISS!

CANT WAIT TO GO AGAIN, COUNTING DAYS! STILL ABOUT 185 TO GO! ARGH! BUT DEFINATELY WORTH THE WAIT!

I am not very good at chilling, now there is a surprise NOT!! My b/friend has got all Cafe del Mar albums but when I get in from a club the last thing I want to do is chill...........and cos I'm a woman I always get my own way LOL! I have been known to come in from clubbing and put things like Gatecrasher Red album on :rolleyes: Yesterday morning wasn't too bad, we had Danny Tenaglia - Choices and then Oakie - 2 Years at Cream.

LOL I am the girl who just goes on and on and on......... :lol:

I like to listen to something deep and just lose my mind in it. Something like:

Morgan Page
Kidz on Christian St.
Swayzak
Divine Conception

These are all great deep house producers! :p

Yep!

Cafe del mar is absolutely fab! The CD´s are essential "must-haves" you can´t beat it! Well winther-chill from Hed Kandi is cool as well as M.O.S Chill sessions (the latest is a smash!) 8)

More favourites tracks for you to check out!:
FAC 15 - STAY WITH ME TILL DAWN
BENT - SWOLLEN
BELOVED - IT´S JUST THE SUN RISING
MANDALAY - BEAUTYFUL (5" CANNY MIX)
FUTURE SOUND OF LONDON - ALL THE TRACKS!
FLUFF - LATE NIGHT SESSION

If some of you have any chillout tunes you can recommend me, and with smoothe vocals on them, please let me know!

Kind regards the Ibiza-girlie (sitting in a boring office, only a temp. job, but argh! summer´s too far away and it´s snowing outside!) :cry:

You want to check out some of these beauties if you have not got them:

X-Press 2 -Lazy
Octave One - Black Water (Vocal Mix)
Zero 7 - Give It Away
Mr.Scruff - So Long
Love jam - Lab Rats

Hed Kandi Beach House CD's are a good source for some laid back grooves, not got any of the Winter Chill ones, so I can't comment. Yet! Black Water is one of my all time favourite chill out tunes.....sends shivers down my back just thinking of it. August can't come soon enough...

rob c - clubbed to death, even though he re-releases it more often than jimmy saville says 'now then, now then'.
.....sorry i've got issues with sir saville, he never fixed it 4 me even though i wrote 2 him loadsa times!!

My first was in 2000, after having heard "Dub In Ya Mind". Cafe del Mar vol. seize....none was ever better.......despite that people concider vol 5 to be the best. anyone know when the next will be released and where I can retrieve information via the net!?

barbie, i wish i was working at cafe del mar, hehehehe!!!, i would have the best view while i was working....

dance4life said:
First Ibiza compilation i bought was Cafe Del Mar - 1995

Was this the one which was blue with a pink sign on the front? If it was, at the time I thought it was possibly the worst tape I'd ever heard. Listened to it once and swapped it with my mate for a snooker cue!???. How strange, that it if I listened to it now, I'd probably love it......still got the snooker cue though. I love a happy ending!

I had 'The Best Of Shakin Stevens' a few years ago and my mate offered to swap it for an old bontempi organ thing. I declined though as it was one of my favourites.

comin' at ya said:
I had 'The Best Of Shakin Stevens' a few years ago and my mate offered to swap it for an old bontempi organ thing. I declined though as it was one of my favourites.

Very close matey, but Dr Fox wins I'm afraid.........at least I can think of some uses for an old bontempi organ but what the funk would I want to do wth a snooker cue :eek: ;)

aaaaahhhh, ol shakin stevens. A true pioneer in fashion, check out those white socks and plimsoles. He's a winner in my book, just wish there was a role model like that 'nowadays' for these impressionable youths. :confused:

Hands up Comin at ya, I too had that album. Shaky looking dapper in his fancy purple jacket.....he should have stayed behind the green door and not come out really though. Imagine the delights I could have swapped that for! Still got it. By the way, I never leave home without having a quick tinkle on my organ, I find it cleanses the soul :lol:

Babs, correct me if I'm wrong but I used my "Cafe del Mar" sponsored snooker cue to play snooker with. Perhaps I should have used it for pole vaulting or toasting marshmellows on??

Back