Moving to Ibiza . Help needed on education for kids

AbbyW

hi all, my self and my husband and 2 kids 8 & 10, are looking to move to Ibiza this year. Really worried about school and educating our children. Looked at Morna but read some bad reviews on it. What would everyone suggest, private, state or home tutor. Really struggling to work this one out.

Vinyldreams

Put them in the spanish schools they are great, first 6 months will be hard but , it's up to you , get the lessons started now so they have the basics .

WeLuvIbiza

As above, you will miss out on so much local life by sending your children to Morna. Our children, nine and six have never been happier in school. Day one wife and I were a bag of nerves, our little boy, then aged seven came skipping out of school without a care in the world. My little boy is now fluent in Castillano and nearly in Catalan, little girl not far behind, this simply will not happen at Morna.

baumleipzig

Hello guys,
Any recent reviews of Morna International College? Only 2 private schools were mentioned by Marina Pimion on Expatica: Colegio Mestral and The Green School. Nothing about Morna though. Do private schools in Ibiza teach both: Spanish and Catalan?

WeLuvIbiza

Hello guys,
Any recent reviews of Morna International College? Only 2 private schools were mentioned by Marina Pimion on Expatica: Colegio Mestral and The Green School. Nothing about Morna though. Do private schools in Ibiza teach both: Spanish and Catalan?
Morna pupils generally can't speak Spanish. They do have a lesson of Spanish as you would do in an English school. Taught entirely in English. No idea on cost.

Mestral is a much sought after school and has both Spanish and English pupils, teaching is in Castilian (not Catalan as per the state schools). They are taught Catalan as a lesson. Cost is around €500 per month. Very up to date facilities.. Getting places at Mestral is the biggest hurdle to entry.

Maybe others can add more detail, in both cases above, my information is from friends who have children in each school.

Vinyldreams

Hello guys,
I would suggest the Spanish system , if you want the kid to speak Spanish and Catalan