Movies and Video Clips filmed in Ibiza

I might be checking out the Ibiza movie on Netflix, despite the warnings... I popped "Ibiza" into Netflix as a search term the other night and ended up watching "XOXO", which isn't about Ibiza but rather a massive rave that these different groups of young adults go to.

i watched this impressive documentary about the baleares (majorca/ibiza in general, there are some parts filmed in ibz, it is about the mass tourism, the low paid hotelworkers and the impact of airbnb aswell as about new build/planned houses. also mentioned are the Matutes Family. this documentary made me think about my next visit, i think i will not book airbnb. i watched it in spanish with german subtitles, hope it is available with english subtitles in your area.

Just finished up the Netflix Ibiza movie. I guess instead of saying that I liked it, I'd say I appreciate it. It's nice that there is a movie that is modern and has club scenes and several reasonably accurate depictions of the lifestyle, perhaps as seen by an outsider. Well, I can possibly count myself among that group because I haven't even been yet.

I think it's too easy to point out mistakes in such films. For many of us this lifestyle has come to mean much more than what is portrayed by Hollywood. But I think it says something that they've taken an interest. Well, that's my piece. I hope people enjoy having the film as much as I did! :)

Just finished up the Netflix Ibiza movie. I guess instead of saying that I liked it, I'd say I appreciate it. It's nice that there is a movie that is modern and has club scenes and several reasonably accurate depictions of the lifestyle, perhaps as seen by an outsider. Well, I can possibly count myself among that group because I haven't even been yet.

I think it's too easy to point out mistakes in such films. For many of us this lifestyle has come to mean much more than what is portrayed by Hollywood. But I think it says something that they've taken an interest. Well, that's my piece. I hope people enjoy having the film as much as I did! :)
Isn’t this the one the one that wasn’t actually filmed in Ibiza at all?

dont believe the hype, that netflix movie was not even filmed on ibiza, i think its bloody rude that they using ibiza in the title.

this friday on bbc4 Ibiza the silent movie followed by everybody in the place 1984-1992
https://www.factmag.com/2019/07/25/jeremy-deller-rave-history-documentary/
wanted to say thanks for the info, i managed to record this on bbc4 which we also receive here in switzerland and watched it yesterday, liked it a lot, very nice movie i must say, the music is well arranged and some realy nice shots from ibiza make this a film worth watching for everyone that loves ibiza.
also recorded everybody in the place, imo a very good documentary about the origin of the music and also contains some rare footage of the early rave scene in the uk. but not too sure if that school class with them conservative veil wearing muslim girls was realy necesairy, wondering if these kind of people will ever get the music or the feeling. didnt like that they were laughing about some people in some scenes, shows they got no respect for that sort of music.

Last edited:
Back