Morrissey

Morbyd

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Finally, 20-something years after I bought The Queen Is Dead as my first entry into everything Smiths, I got to see him live.

Perfect vocals, amazing band, and the man strutting around stage in the way you'd expect. Zippy little condescending one-liners for humorous effect.

In short, amazing show :D :D

Robder - I see you've got tix for October... enjoy!

My only complaint was the lack of songs from his early solo period.

5 Smiths songs (This Charming Man, How Soon Is Now, Ask, Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others, Girlfriend in a Coma), most of the new album, and a couple of tunes from his later albums. I think Billy Budd was the oldest solo tune.

my fave is

'you're the one for me, fatty'

:D

*check the interview with Jonathan Ross on youtube - particularly funny when he politely declines Jonathan Ross's invitation to become his friend

I love his gigs - you always meet the same nutty Mozza fans at them.

October should be great because it's at the Troxy (1930s ballroom restored to its former glory) - which is a hop, skip and jump from my flat - wooo!

Glad you enjoyed, he's a genius. So mamy people have criticised him for walking off stage at Coachella for smelling 'cooking flesh' (no doubt reared through intensive farming methods) - I think it's a really bold move!

Pretentious, miserable and cantankerous, perhaps - but he's still an unshakable genius who has the guts to be true to his own ideals.
8)

Apparently his contract rider for the show asks that no meat be cooked or served in the venue, no smoking, and no photography.

I'm told the restaurant in the venue did go veggie for the day. Some people still got their cameras inside but I didn't notice people using flashes. The venue put up no smoking signs but a lot of people just ignored them and there was no enforcement (I only smoked before and after his performance... for fear he'd walk off stage if it got too smoky :lol:).

Was never particularly interested in the Smith's or Morrisey but got persuaded to go to a gig about 5 years ago. Really enjoyed it and have been interested ever since. Great voice and a real performer, personality goes a long way. Then went to hear Robert Hood at Fabric, interesting night.

The mozzer nutters are also great value as somebody mentioned. I fear for them when he is no longer with us!

A god amongst men! Seen him a few times . Queen is dead is one of the best ever ever ever! Frankly mr shankly since you ask you are a flatulant pain the ass!

Bizarrely I've seen him loads of times and never attempted a stage invasion. :eek:

Must rectify that.

no "there is a light that never goes out"?

arguably the Smiths finest moment?

that said, still enough top songs in there anyway!

What think of new stuff? Last few albums have been ok imo - some belters, some not so good. Their existence is such a positive tho.

Try i'm throwing my arms around paris from his latest for a good old marresque riff & nice lyric. squint your ears and it could almost, almost be....

no "there is a light that never goes out"?
Amazing album and that song is one of the key theme songs of my gothic youth :lol:

"And if a double-decker bus crashes into to us, to die by your side is such a heavenly way to die."

Who else can come up with lyrics like that!?!?

I was happy enough to get the Smiths songs we got. Before I looked up track lists from the past few weeks (got a bit excited before the concert :lol:) I feared he'd do fewer than he did.

What think of new stuff? Last few albums have been ok imo - some belters, some not so good. Their existence is such a positive tho.

Try i'm throwing my arms around paris from his latest for a good old marresque riff & nice lyric. squint your ears and it could almost, almost be....
I think his last 3 albums are OK... solid but not mindblowing. Seems like the sounds is less varied than it was with the Smiths or in his early solo days. Some songs drone on a bit but others are catchy: From the last album - Paris, One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell, and a couple others.

Amazing album and that song is one of the key theme songs of my gothic youth :lol:

"And if a double-decker bus crashes into to us, to die by your side is such a heavenly way to die."

Who else can come up with lyrics like that!?!?

and sing them so beautifully.................:D
(doths cap to Mozzer, Marr & Co)

the tommy robinson stuff has probably finished his career in the UK, all very sad for those who used to hang on his every word. in Marr's case he feels like a total stranger now so that reunion is about as likely as a Beatle one...

Back