Morrissey

the tommy robinson stuff has probably finished his career in the UK, all very sad for those who used to hang on his every word. in Marr's case he feels like a total stranger now so that reunion is about as likely as a Beatle one...
I don’t watch the news anymore as it’s depressing. Has he been chilling with Tommy?

the tommy robinson stuff has probably finished his career in the UK, all very sad for those who used to hang on his every word. in Marr's case he feels like a total stranger now so that reunion is about as likely as a Beatle one...

You underestimate the number of people who hang on Tommy Robinson's every word. :eek: Though I guess they're unlikely to be old Smiths fans. I do know someone (well, just via Facebook) who says he can no longer listen to The Smiths.

You underestimate the number of people who hang on Tommy Robinson's every word. :eek: Though I guess they're unlikely to be old Smiths fans. I do know someone (well, just via Facebook) who says he can no longer listen to The Smiths.

sorry I meant who hang on Moz's every word. I know plenty of ageing Smiths fans who have finally let go, although it's not as though as the clues weren't there all along er "National Front Disco"... it's that sinking realisation amongst Guardian writers that he wasn't actually being ironic after all. Awkward..

personally I'm a strong believer in freedom of speech. much healthier than creating martyrs and letting the resentment fester. let the market decide. people can choose not to listen and I prefer that to the self-righteous, right-on howling with outrage which achieves nada imo - that's what makes the internet increasingly unbearable imo

I don’t watch the news anymore as it’s depressing. Has he been chilling with Tommy?
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...ympathy-for-jailed-edl-founder-tommy-robinson

Yeah I agree Diver. I'm a news junkie normally but recently everything feels just so hopeless and apocalyptic. Just this sinking feeling that the idiots are winning. So I'm watching a lot less.

Being on the island this summer, I've felt really detached from the news and it's been sooooo refreshing and definitely made me more positive. Of course, tidbits still filter through and they're as depressing as ever. There's definitely still something cutting yourself off from the mainstream

sorry I meant who hang on Moz's every word.

I know. ;) I think Morrissey can still sell tickets; AFAIK the cancellation of European dates wasn't due to lack of demand. I assume a lot of people are prepared to overlook his opinions if it means hearing some old Smiths tunes and his early solo stuff. Hell, I'd still like to see him (bucket list), but I'm not keen on arena venues or anything he's released in a long time. I went to see that other Smith (Mark E.) last November (his final show) and he had some pretty right wing views...

Morrissey's quite popular in Mexico, isn't he? I wonder what he makes of the wall.

I agree i think there is something unique and other-worldly about IBZ that makes you forget everything - but then again perhaps that is a holiday mentality not necessarily shared by locals ? I dunno. I thought I would escape from a few demons leaving the UK moving to Spain but the internet still shoves them in my face every day so perhaps it's less straightforward

one major reason I think loads of people come on this forum is the sheer escapism - the passionate arguments about genres and sunloungers. it's all laughable really, in context...

I personally feel the benefits to avoiding Facebook - It is genuinely made up of negativity/fake news/hate. Not to mention the shocking videos that circulate.
I am reminded of this when I return to it once in a while and it never changes

Back