Monegros Desert Festival - anyone been?

so, one week left, kimajy, you coming over?

Not looking hopeful as of today :cry: - still, never say never.... looks like such a cracking lineup and a wonderful event this year I'm still trying to rearrange everything around coming !

Not looking hopeful as of today :cry: - still, never say never.... looks like such a cracking lineup and a wonderful event this year I'm still trying to rearrange everything around coming !

Shame mate, hope you manage to sort something out!

Heading to barcelona today, then catching train.

First festival outside of uk for me, will let you know how it was! If I last till 1 i'll be very impressed

Hey Ferd.

How was it ?

Just got back from Spain yesterday. so depressing

Monegros was amazing. Really friendly atmosphere, and such a unique setting.
We must've breathed in about 2 tonnes of dust, and my clothes were all brown after it finished but it was worth it.

Saw Luciano who was good for the early evening slot, happy housey tunes with vocals everyone knew.

Heard a bit of Guetta as it was when we were having some food in the VIP tent, he was.. well.. Guetta.

Then saw Mandy, Tiefshwarz and Technasia in one tent. All of them excellent. Had to see Infected Mushroom for a bit as my girlfriend likes them and that was awful :lol:

It got VERY cold during the night, must've hit below 10. All the jumpers ran out in the merchandising tent. I've heard since it was the coldest night in the festivals history.

then saw a bit of richie Hawtin, i liked him but it was possibly the coldest part of the night and lots of people went to their cars in the car park i think.

The as the sun rose I saw the end of josh wink and all of Lawler.. WOW.. he was outstanding. the set of the festival for me. also good was Paco Osuna after him.

Then as the sun started to heat up and my legs started to get tired we saw a bit of Digweed and most of Cox's final set. I enjoyed them but I think I was on my last legs by this point and probably didnt get into it as much as the others.

Anyway here's a video from Lawler, you can just about see me in a white tshirt in the raised platform right at the end of the crowd (we moved there towards the end of his set as it was shaded haha)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkGR6mh_s3w

Looks like we are definitely going again next year.. when I compare it to SW4 here in the UK it makes me laugh!

wow... sounds incredible... will def look into going to this next year. how much were the VIP tickets?

Going to Creamfields Andalucia and I cant wait! Love the way the festival finishes at 8am... Sunrise... Bliss

wow... sounds incredible... will def look into going to this next year. how much were the VIP tickets?

Going to Creamfields Andalucia and I cant wait! Love the way the festival finishes at 8am... Sunrise... Bliss

So the normal early bird tickets were about 40 - 50 Euros. For the vip you need to pay 50 Euro's extra.

It was nice to get you're own toilets and shelter every once in a while. Plus you also get a good view as the vip bar and seating area is raised

Having said that the whole site is full off seating areas and tables. Its brilliant.. plus there was no queueing for drinks, and very little for toilets... such a difference from others here in the uk.

Heard a lot about Creamfields in andalucia, it will be amazing.. no risk of rain there :D

Thanks a lot for posting the feedback, Ferd. Definitely missed out not getting to that !! Did you hook up with Edogg at all ?

Definitely so far from SW4 in so many ways, events like that and definitely the better way to do it if you can manage to get there - completely different kind of thing entirely imo and no way comparable.

Not surprised about the temperatures at night .. it is a 'desert' festival after all ! That was the real reason for my wondering whether I'd be able to get a pass-out to the car park .. i.e. to get warm clothes and put the heater on, more than the chance to access cheap booze supply .. sounds like you can :lol: !!

Steve Lawler is one of my favourite DJs - cheers for the link .. will play that and look out for you.

re infected mushroom .. one of my ex-'lovers' (could't in fairness say proper gf..) used to really like their stuff and it's been s**gging music for me ever since :lol:

2012 headliners announced

423442_10150625694395787_48117835786_9161046_599128849_n.jpg

9 days to go and tickets still possible

Full lineup - I am very seriously tempted this time ;) Rowshow from 5am to close

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&v=Ogw-M-LtE2g

2MANYDJS
DJ MURPHY
MARCO CAROLA
SOUTH CENTRAL
ADAM BEYER
DJ NUKE
MARIO BIANI
SUBFOCUS LIVE
ADDISON GROOVE
DOCTOR P
MAT WEASEL BUSTER