Monegros Desert Festival - anyone been?

hi, i wasn`t there, but i am in barcelona this date and i think i will visit it! It has a great line up and i think the location is very unique!

Will you visit it too?

greets Edogg

I loved the story about the uproar guetta has caused and the pettition to get him off the festival

Anyone know the latest on this story?

Think that's still in limbo - reckon he'll get booed by at least 7000 people if he dares to show his face there (or worse), unless he confounds everyone by playing a proper underground set. Now that would be a thing to regain some credibility wouldn't it ?

Don't know what the promoters were thinking billing him unless they took fright that the recession might kill the viability appraisal without a knee-jerk headliner to draw in fresh blood. Even at 7000, the facebook petitioners represent less than 20% of the capacity ...

It runs from 5pm on the Sat to 1pm on the Sun ... you don't need a place to stay it's a non-stop thing ... (remember those days ?!!)

I loved the story about the uproar guetta has caused and the pettition to get him off the festival

Anyone know the latest on this story?

No... but I like it! It surprised me that Guetta would be chosen for this sort of festival in the first place??!!

The ammount of time partying isnt the problem, its the 7 hour drive home afterwards ;)

See your point ! Hotel Casanova in Fraga is about 20kms away from the site (probably about the closest limp to a hotel bed).

There are loads of hotels in Lleida too (50-60kms away). Buses from Lleida RENFE station run to the site every 30mins between 4pm and 10pm at a cost of 10Euros payable on the bus.

Going then ? :p

Juhuuuu tickets booked! I booked tickets for vip also! It inkludes, extra toilettes, free dinner, 1 bottle of cava and a present! I think it is ok! And i will go by bus from barcelona! Do anyone know how long the bus will take?

Is anyone other there?

oops just read all the responses..

Excellent, yes im still going!! very excited 8)

Edogg, I've got a VIP ticket too 8) We just thought what with 22 hours and the heat of the desert we might appreciate the finer luxuries in this festival a little more than usual :lol:

We are staying in LLeida from friday night till monday morning, then going on a road trip through north spain.

Looking forward to see Hawtin and Lawler as the sun rises over the desert.

I think I'll be having dinner when Guetta is on :lol:

oops just read all the responses..

Excellent, yes im still going!! very excited 8)

Edogg, I've got a VIP ticket too 8) We just thought what with 22 hours and the heat of the desert we might appreciate the finer luxuries in this festival a little more than usual :lol:

We are staying in LLeida from friday night till monday morning, then going on a road trip through north spain.

Looking forward to see Hawtin and Lawler as the sun rises over the desert.

I think I'll be having dinner when Guetta is on :lol:

Very jealous!!!

Juhuuuu tickets booked! I booked tickets for vip also! It inkludes, extra toilettes, free dinner, 1 bottle of cava and a present! I think it is ok! And i will go by bus from barcelona! Do anyone know how long the bus will take?

Is anyone other there?

Trying very hard - just have to succeed in rescheduling a commitment first and still trying !

Reckon bus from Barcelona will take about 2 1/2 -3 hours - it's pretty much 200kms to the site. "VIP" deal looks really good - if only to make sure you remember to eat something and get a drink at some stage ! Does anyone know if you can get a pass-out to the car park ?

greet so we can make a meet together in the vip lounge! i think i will be there at about 8 because i take the bus from barcelona at 5!

So we can meet us there at 9!

greets

Back