Mobile broadband in Ibiza

petraxx

Hi all!

Does anyone happen to know about mobile broadband possibilities in Ibiza? I'll have to telecommute from there next week and while our hotel has a wifi I'm also tempted to head out to beaches and such with the laptop. I have a Finnish dongle which unfortunately doesn't work in Spain (and even if it would the roaming charges would be extortionate).

I've come across a few companies online that do this but they're all offering a 12 month contract while I'd just need it for a week. One possibility would be to take a UK contract with Vodafone with the addition of Spain for an extra £5 per day but that seems a bit much as well. Any ideas? I suppose you can't just rent a dongle per day anywhere?

Thanks a lot :D

you suppose well. by the time you've paid your 50 euros or so to buy the dongle and then your 4 euros a day for coverage it's not worth the money just for one week.

Thanks for the reply, Stephen!

To be honest, I really don't mind about the price as long as it's reasonable (up to 150 euros or so) - I've paid my flights and hotel already so a little bit more to get more freedom really isn't going to make a difference ;) So where could one get the dongle?

Back