Mexico

Ohhh I understand now, just looked at how many £ a Peso actually is and it's all made sense!! £500 is 11,000 Pesos! Can see how it gets confusing!

I shall take your advice and take mainly Pesos then with a couple hundred in Dollars as I assume that will come in handy when trying to pick up supplies at the events!

@Dirk Bigler thank's for the tips but we already have a nice hotel booked about 30 minutes down the road. We are mainly there for the Zamna & Day Zero events but obviously going to do touristy stuff as well, have some friends staying directly in Tulum so will venture down there a lot I'm sure
The hotel waiter told me that they charge you less for supplies if your a local.

Get your Mexican impressions practiced!

The peso is one of the few currencies that the pound has strengthened against so deffo get pesos...you'll get worse value on the conversion into dollars and then ypui'll get the same on the conversion from USD to pesos once you are there anyway as they won't convert using the current rate....

Taking USD into countries where that is not the currency is very odd. My mates tried to persuade me to do it when we went to Russia + Moldova but he basically got ripped off with terrible exchange rates all the time.

Cheers people! I shall take the Pesos then! Might write down the basic conversions into notes i.e £5=, £10=, £50=, £100= etc

Anyone who has been to Tulum do you advise on changing my money up to Dollars or Pesos? Have had a search on google and it doesn't really help!

At events will prices be in Dollars or Pesos and likewise what would be the predominant currency for purchasing party pieces be?

At events at Zamna it was all cashless and you loaded up using credit card ... I recommend the Halifax Clarity card as you get proper exchange rate and you can also withdraw cash (pesos) from cash points ... We did this and yon end up paying about 1% 12% per annum divide by 12 in interest if you pay it back within the month)

At events at Zamna it was all cashless and you loaded up using credit card ... I recommend the Halifax Clarity card as you get proper exchange rate and you can also withdraw cash (pesos) from cash points ... We did this and yon end up paying about 1% 12% per annum divide by 12 in interest if you pay it back within the month)
Already have one of those cards! And got a Monzo as well so using my cards abroad is no problem at all! I’m sure all the info for events and payment will come out in advance so can budget between cash and card accordingly then. Thanks!

Anyone going to Tulum this Jan?
I will be. 14 nights from NYE, so far have tickets for Afterlife, Artbat and Day Zero but got 2 more events to choose from my mutlipass so waiting to see what announced and really hoping Solomun will be!

I will be. 14 nights from NYE, so far have tickets for Afterlife, Artbat and Day Zero but got 2 more events to choose from my mutlipass so waiting to see what announced and really hoping Solomun will be!

Solomun will be announced soon apparently. Dixon and Ame as well.

There are two parties that caught my eye; one in Mexico City and the other Monterrey. These are both insomniac parties, so if you don't know... they are the one's that put on the Las Vegas massive Electric Daisy Carnival; which goes over pretty well with teens and young adults, but you can find burners and older cats in VIP attire there too. Anyway, they're putting on an EDC Mexico City or something, and a Beyond Wonderland in Monterrey. You can see the dates and junk on their website. EDC & Beyond Wonderland

I concern myself about safety, but that's just me and it's possible I'm being paranoid (If you remember from several months ago we talked about paranoid schizophrenia). These are priced to win though, so check your travel advisory and book book book. When I looked at the hotel reservations for one of those parties there was a 5 night minimum but it was only something like $330 or around that (I don't remember exactly). It looks very attractive, and the price of GA is reasonable; I think $100 for passes or something. I should check! :)

for EDC Mexico it's 91.52 Euro for 3-Day admission
for Beyond Wonderland it's 58.66 Euro for VIP; 35.20 for GA

Pretty cool pricing! Go Insomniac!

I think it sounds fun, but I don't travel that much so maybe not for me. Just thought I'd pass the word along...

Anything related to EDC is absolutely trash.
It's interesting you feel that way... I've sort of felt that insomniac has failed to book much of the electronic mainstays of the 1990s and earlier post-2000 names. Now and then they will have someone (Sasha is playing one of the days I mentioned) but typically it's relatively new people; which is acceptable as I am old and becoming more "old school" by the minute.

I guess I would like to see more things that older ravers/clubber types would be familiar with. To their credit Sven Vath was also booked for one of the dates as well.

It's interesting you feel that way... I've sort of felt that insomniac has failed to book much of the electronic mainstays of the 1990s and earlier post-2000 names. Now and then they will have someone (Sasha is playing one of the days I mentioned) but typically it's relatively new people; which is acceptable as I am old and becoming more "old school" by the minute.

I guess I would like to see more things that older ravers/clubber types would be familiar with. To their credit Sven Vath was also booked for one of the dates as well.

Not talking about old school DJs. They primarily book bad EDM and Bass djs. Hardly any techno, deep house, tech house or house.

Was the pyros from people in the crowd in Tulum for tale of us or was it part of production?

Looked epic

Back