Mexico

GBP 2000 is not bad, considering a flight from UK to Carib and accomodation at a nice spot.

Its hard to get across the pond (flight only) for anything less than about 800 each from here, and I look regularly.... :cry:

How many days?

While they nickel and dime you for sure, I find Norwegian is fantastic for this. I just got a base flight from Amsterdam to NY in April for $180 and sure they'll nail me for another $40 to check my bag but that's still pennies in comparison to others.

GBP 2000 is not bad, considering a flight from UK to Carib and accomodation at a nice spot.

Its hard to get across the pond (flight only) for anything less than about 800 each from here, and I look regularly.... :cry:

How many days?
14 nights in a 5* resort, junior suite with 2 double beds and a marble jacuzzi tub. All inclusive, 14 Restaurants and 11 bars including some 24 hours ones. So very happy indeed!

Lol so funny and yet so entirely true, man makes me think of some good time in Mexico.
Blimey! And guessing because its Mexico its usually good stuff! At least can imagine its a different world to Ibiza's looky looky supplies :lol:

While they nickel and dime you for sure, I find Norwegian is fantastic for this. I just got a base flight from Amsterdam to NY in April for $180 and sure they'll nail me for another $40 to check my bag but that's still pennies in comparison to others.

I am using Norwegian in May to Spain (out of Miami). It ended up being about 350pp, but then I still had the flights from the VI to MIA and from BCN to IBZ. Also a couple of hotel nights in MIA to make for a safe layover.

Even with all that rolled in I save over more direct options, but its knot without risks.

14 nights in a 5* resort, junior suite with 2 double beds and a marble jacuzzi tub. All inclusive, 14 Restaurants and 11 bars including some 24 hours ones. So very happy indeed!

Ahhhh all inclusive and 5 star now we're making more sense. That def sounds sick, well done indeed.

PDC and Tulum are great. BPM is gone but many of the events have migrated to Tulum. Almost the entire month of Jan has great events.

Tulum is better than PDC imo. Less commercial, better restaurants, better venues, better crowd.

The parties I went to in Tulum this year were some of the best I’ve ever been to. Honestly better than most events I’ve been to in Ibiza recently.

That's exactly why I choose that area! Its only half hour in a taxi from the main event venues. Don't like the idea on Cancun in all honesty, not my cuppa of tea. Got a really good price for the hotel flights etc with TUI but the talk of events prices is a little daunting but from what I've seen if you get early birds and not final release they are not actually too bad.

Going back to your first reply, you would advise taking dollars over pesos then?
Well my Mrs bought some crisps for 200 pesos around £8 at the time and thought it was cheap so depends on how bothered you can to work it out. Everything is priced in dollars also but you get change in pesos most places so u will end up with pesos anyway.

Ps my Mrs isnt very clever

Cant be many currencies the pound has got stronger against in the last 10 years or so. I lived in Mexico for a year 2004/5 and it was just under 20 to the pound then - its 25 now!

My 2 pesos on this topic as currently flying home:

We had 8 nights in Tulum (between beach and town) during the main part of the Sound Tulum and associated festivals and paid £1800 for room only plus £1200 ish flights via JFK with £100 return more for 1.5 hour private transfer. Loved Tulum although traffic bad at the beach especially when parties on and spent a lot on taxis. Food/drinks at the beach slight cheaper than UK but some real high end places and also real cheap places especially in town. The parties where very good but we didn't seem to quite sort out good supplies despite the amount of "outlets" inside the parties. Was sold a "gram" that turned out out to be be about .3 for very high price as kind of lost my bottle to inspect the goods/ shop around. The only downside was probably the crowd ... Not overly friendly and a few too many that were going all out Burning Man costumes / too cool for school plus a good few American Bro's / Jock types who really had no idea about the music but we had a lovely old time in the end for a winter break it ticked all the boxes.

One thing i would say is the the events that were planned closest to PDC (Sacbe) got moved to Tulum (Zamna) so if staying in / near PDC you have got ~60km each way to travel. We were told that this was because the new mayor of playa del Carman didn't want the festival there.

re tulum, I have just watched this documentary. it's actually very interesting for everybody because a lot of the issues mentioned in there are valid all around the globe...

I happened upon that one last night and watched it. The film was recommended by youtube.

(I think my tablet is spying on me)

Seriously, I do think sustainable development is an important question that needs to be answered, especially in such a unique place.

The part about the scuba divers in the cenote with human feces was particularly disturbing.

Very eye opening maybe restrictions on event are needed to persevere the area

The events have nothing to do with these problems. Like Stivi said, these are issues that are valid around the world and bigger than a few parties. The people of Tulum are ultra sensitive on this topic and do a great job at raising awareness. Most of the events do their part and I’d love to see them do even more. More events around the world should be as green as Tulum events.

Back