Mental Health- It’s a bit of a bugger

Can't help thinking about the increasing numbers of kids who don't go out and are always stuck at home. It's not just bad for bars or clubs. Worries me that they're missing out on the joys of life, getting out, meeting people, going on cheap dates at Bella Pasta, making arses of themselves, growing up. If you're constantly isolated, how long before you grow paranoid or delusional, suckered into mad websites or turning into a frustrated Incel googling for extremist ideology or explosives? Might sound OTT but that is how it happens..

Blimey, copletely forgot about this post, feels like it was a long time ago.

Hope everyone is doing ok xx
A Salt Lake City spamming twat did a post, a few hours later edited it and added spam (nice try, you idiot!)... that's how it resurfaced.

Hope everyone is doing ok btw!

Social media has a lot to answer for, in particular Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat. I only ever had Facebook and binned it off completely during Covid as was sick of reading about it.I only use this forum and YouTube now. It changes you once you stop staring at other peoples lives.

It does have its benefits obviously like keeping in touch, but there are other ways to do it without showing the whole world at the same time.

A Salt Lake City spamming twat did a post, a few hours later edited it and added spam (nice try, you idiot!)... that's how it resurfaced.

Hope everyone is doing ok btw!
Saw the post and wondered when the spam would follow....

Social media has a lot to answer for, in particular Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat. I only ever had Facebook and binned it off completely during Covid as was sick of reading about it.I only use this forum and YouTube now. It changes you once you stop staring at other peoples lives.

It does have its benefits obviously like keeping in touch, but there are other ways to do it without showing the whole world at the same time.
Alléluia 🙌

Yep, still in 2 minds about Instag. It is annoying but can be useful esp if there is a big announcement.

I keep FB only for messenger and occasional groups/events. The main feed is a cesspit of algorithms and scams. A graveyard. I get why freelancers and self-employed need it though.

Lots of people have dumped Twitter since that dickhead took over but I still find it useful for practising Spanish with local pals & learning about what's going on near me.

My golden rule with all of them is to bookmark people you trust & avoid following any brands/celebs/superstar djs/political loudmouths or anyone else likely to fry your brain

Lots of people have dumped Twitter since that dickhead took over but I still find it useful for practising Spanish with local pals & learning about what's going on near me.

It's a cesspit. Avoid it as much as possible, but even running our football club account means random exposure to the absolute worst people in the world

It's a cesspit. Avoid it as much as possible, but even running our football club account means random exposure to the absolute worst people in the world

Ah no! Yeah, I think on twitter at least I've just been really lucky. Tend to avoid arguments these days (how times have changed!) and I don't seem to get any trolls on my case anymore. I muted one or two of the DJ bigmouths but haven't had to block anyone of late

Back