Mayweather Vs McGregor

• Thread starter Deleted member 49869
  • Start date
I remember when mayweather had ago at the big show look how staged that was. . . A money spinner never the less.

Mayweather will win at boxing. Mcgregor will win at MMA. Undecided myself....keep the money in the pocket

I'd put my mortgage on Mayweather. Only someone with absolute no boxing knowledge would think McGregor stands a chance. Cannot stand Mayweather but he's arguably the best defensive boxer ever and one of the best fighters of his generation, in against a zero fight novice.

McGregors punching skills look good in the UFC as he's up against people who can't box. Mayweathers has pinpoint accuracy, he doesn't waste shots. He certainly won't leave himself open to be hit. Which McGregor does. There's a reason McGregor hasn't had a warmup fight. I love a super fight, but just can't get into this one.

SuperFight? I love the circus!

I remember watching this:

Looked forward to it for weeks!

Last edited:
It's a circus. Mcgreggor can't box. He wouldn't stand a chance even at national level as an amateur.
I really believe the fight will be scripted to end a certain way so wouldn't bet any money on it.
UFC aren't stupid enough to damage their brand by allowing arguably their most popular fighter to be dismantled in a round, so it may even end up as a glorified spar . Either way it ain't a real fight.

Mcgregor has goaded a 2 year retired boxer into a money making exhibition. It suits them both. If he was serious about a boxing career there a host of current boxers he could have fought or worked through the rankings too fight. Crawford, Thurman, Garcia, Alvarez, GGG etc etc. All of whom would knock him into the middle of next week and he knows it, hence Mayweather.

As for the exhibition Mayweather has fought much bigger, harder punchers than Mcgregor could ever be. He is a great MMA fighter but is never a boxer. Zero head movement Zero Footwork and Zero stamina ( see both diaz bouts ).

Im a long time fan of both MMA and Boxing and i dont see anything else but a boxing lesson being dished out. If anything else happens its purely for the TV and the people that have been silly enough too buy into it all.

If you want too watch a real fight GGG v Canelo Alvarez next month is the real deal

Last edited:
Mayweather with a late stoppage or points for me, the accumulation of punches will eventually take their toll on McGregor.

McGregor will sit back and wait for an opening, but will be so far behind on the scorecards that he'll get a bit wild and this will be his down fall.

All this talk of Mayweather having brittle hands and being feather fisted, well someone would've walked him down previously if this was really the case.

The one thing McGregor does have in his favour is age, we all know how much harder we could party when we were younger and fighting is no different. Mayweather has to slow down at some point.

I'd like McGregor to do it but it aint gonna happen

I'm a lover not a fighter, and the result doesn't bother me. but I respect the skills involved in both disciplines.

However something about mma fans bothers me: the way they like watching people getting punched in the head whilst they are on the floor.

That and the snidey tapout / bad boy gear they wear.

Last edited:
Mcgregor has goaded a 2 year retired boxer into a money making exhibition. It suits them both. If he was serious about a boxing career there a host of current boxers he could have fought or worked through the rankings too fight. Crawford, Thurman, Garcia, Alvarez, GGG etc etc. All of whom would knock him into the middle of next week and he knows it, hence Mayweather.

As for the exhibition Mayweather has fought much bigger, harder punchers than Mcgregor could ever be. He is a great MMA fighter but is never a boxer. Zero head movement Zero Footwork and Zero stamina ( see both diaz bouts ).

Im a long time fan of both MMA and Boxing and i dont see anything else but a boxing lesson being dished out. If anything else happens its purely for the TV and the people that have been silly enough too buy into it all.

If you want too watch a real fight GGG v Canelo Alvarez next month is the real deal

agree with all this, especially the last sentence.

Back