Mayday Weekend

Ikoda

Next weekend is a bank holiday weekend for us Brits.

What are your plans?

Friday - Finish work at 2.30, then drive down to Bristol. Am off out to Ramshackle, but I may change plans and head to motion skate park and see DJ Yoda instead. I imagine whichever way I play it, It's going to be a very messy affair :lol:

Saturday - Spend some time recovering, then probably a few family things.

Sunday - Drive up to Birmingham for Godskitchen @ Air for Armin van Buuren and Paul van Dyk. Quite a sad occasion, this is the last time Gods will be at Air, as they are moving to the HMV Institute. I just don't think it's ever going to have the same kind of feel as the Air Warehouse.

Monday - Again, recover. :lol: Drive back up to Leeds some point in the evening, when I'm not so worse for wear.

There are several options on the table but most likely...

Fri - Blackpool Vs Birmingham Play Off Semi 1st leg
Carl Cox @ Sankeys or Dave Clarke at JB's

Sat - FA Cup final on a comedown

Sun - Written off

Friday - it doesn't matter
Saturday - heading down South to Wembley for the final
Sunday - it doesn't matter
Monday - it doesn't matter

Long bank holiday weekend here too next week for the presidential inauguration on May 7 and Victory Day on May 9. Sunday - Wednesday! :D
(we're supposed to work Saturday in exchange for having May 8 off but I will not be joining in :twisted:)

Friday - Probably out for a few drinks but not late because...

Saturday - Fly to London, attend FA Cup Final 8) Hopefully celebrate victory. Then Cadenza party at some so-called secret location.

Sunday - Will try to meet up with friends around town, I suppose.
[evening ideas Londoners? That Watergate 10th anniversary party looks ok. Other thoughts?]

Monday - Fly back to Moscow. Probably a quiet evening

Tuesday - Arma17 for a party headlined by Guy Gerber, Ryan Elliot, Echologist and some top notch locals like Sanches and Izhevsky.

Wednesday - Rest, relax
8)

Saturday - Groove Armada

Sunday - Saved with Nic Fanciulli, Luciano & the Cadenza Crew.... and all in my backyard! Sweeeeeeet!

He's hoping for some good weather 8)

Friday - Day off work. Round of golf followed by a few beers.

Saturday - Wembley then MoS i think...haven't really checked to see what else is on (open to suggestions)

Sunday - Train up to Birmingham for Gods. Looking forward to the outdoor stage again. Was good last time for Al Fresco even with the pouring rain.

Good choice for your celebration!
So... only a week left in your 30s, eh? Feeling it yet? :lol: ;)
I know yeah only a week:lol:and the trip is a birthday present from my folks instead of some silly party.Our two kids are coming with us so wont be to wild a week.Kids are staying with friends on wednesday night after es boldado and we`re meeting in pikes then on thursday so will have to get some sleep before that lunch.:D

Saturday: On the beers all day for the cup final, UP THE CHELS

Sunday: Tania Vulcano @ Fabric as well as the AoD crew taking over room 3. Promises to be a belter

Monday: Recover and get back to the mundane task of job searching :rolleyes:

Sunday - Will try to meet up with friends around town, I suppose.
[evening ideas Londoners? That Watergate 10th anniversary party looks ok. Other thoughts?]

Can't remember whether you like your techno, Morbs .. and it's a small venue .. but this is the most exciting Techno booking for ages - 6hour Ben Klock set (his longest ever in London) 4am to 10am close with a 2-hour Tommy Four Seven warmup 2am-4am.

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?345851

Fabric will likely go off too - I think AoD are decking the entire Room 3 in their shirts or something like that .. suffice to say they are very excited about it.

Saturday - New Order in Glasgow :D

Lucky you!!! :)

Happy Beltane to you all today!!
I'm celebrating this weekend with a fire in the woods & much singing & dancing!
Loads of yoga on retreat near Reading
Then doing a posture, alignment & modifications training on Monday

Can't remember whether you like your techno, Morbs .. and it's a small venue .. but this is the most exciting Techno booking for ages - 6hour Ben Klock set (his longest ever in London) 4am to 10am close with a 2-hour Tommy Four Seven warmup 2am-4am.

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?345851

Fabric will likely go off too - I think AoD are decking the entire Room 3 in their shirts or something like that .. suffice to say they are very excited about it.
Love me some techno. But, strangely enough, as many various London haunts I've patronized, I have never been to Fabric. That might be worth a visit on Sunday.

Just saw that Louis Vega is playing Saturday night at Electric Brixton. Might prefer that to Cadenza. Is the venue any good?

Fri: Work

Sat: York 5k park run, meeting with an MdS veteran afterwards for coffee and chit chat :). Work

Sun: Gardening, car washing, bbq

Mon: Work, time with kids.

It's all rock 'n' roll...

Love me some techno. But, strangely enough, as many various London haunts I've patronized, I have never been to Fabric. That might be worth a visit on Sunday.

Just saw that Louis Vega is playing Saturday night at Electric Brixton. Might prefer that to Cadenza. Is the venue any good?

Electric Brixton is the old Fridge (if you ever went there ?). Old-fashioned 'open' layout - one large main room with bar at the 'back' and raised area on 3 sides, stepping down to dancefloor with stage/DJs at the 'front'. Small 2nd room off to the side with cafe style tables and stools, and DJ booth, was open the other night. Unprepossessing location .. as you'd expect :lol:.

Don't forget Jaded at Cable is open too both Sunday morning and Monday morning from 5am-1pm.

Sunday afternoon for something a bit different ...

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?360464

Fabric Sunday might not be as rammed as some Saturdays so could be a good plan especially if you like clubs a bit bigger .. you won't get the usual AoD naughtiness tho' (as here ... this pic is in a rarely used warehouse in London ... look carefully ... ;))

36542_280597805362992_100002383258368_609836_1632404946_n.jpg

Don't think I'll ever forget my one visit to The Fridge. :eek:

Shame I only ever managed to tick off The Fridge and Fabric London club-wise.

Back