Matter - New club

stephen121

Had anyone been to this new club yet?

Any reviews??

Thinking of travelling there for NYE (yep, i know its ages away!)

I went in September for Coxy, music /sound was pretty good but took aaaaaages to get home. I'm assuming that the crowd will be quite different than to the opening night.

Strange as it may sound, the vibrations coming from the sound system in the floor make my nose itch. I'm sure anyone that saw me rubbing it thought I was frequently ingesting nose candy. :lol:

Other than that, I liked the place. The boat service to/from the center is pretty convenient... and quick enough that the ride home wasn't as disastrous as I'd thought it might be :lol: Slightly hard to find a taxi around Waterloo Pier in the morning though.

The design is a bit like a car park but the layout is pretty good, sound and lights very well done, smoking area easily accessible. The bar set-up was great - I never waited more than a couple of minutes to get a drink.

Cox played a blinding set the night we were there. 8) Crowd had some dodgy elements but I'm sure that varies by event.

Few names heading over there now.

Mn2s going there from The End. (Apparently Laurent Garnier now booked as well for the closing party)

100% correct! Rennaisance night!
Cracking DJ!

I think the Renaissance night is with Steve Lawler on the 13th. James Zabiela is playing for a different night.

I have to say I do like the line-ups theyre getting, very varied and caters for all musical tastes. Need to try it out soon

I think the Renaissance night is with Steve Lawler on the 13th. James Zabiela is playing for a different night.

That's right, Ren is on Friday. Saturday it's Zabiela's own night called Positronic (High Tide) where the emphasis is on live PA's and soundsystem type shows. Looking forward to it 8)

n517943780_990622_9470.jpg

I have to say I do like the line-ups theyre getting, very varied and caters for all musical tastes. Need to try it out soon

Totally agree Ferd, they are trying to cover everything which can only be a good thing.

Back