Massive game tonight

my local Team Bohemians beat St Pats 1-0 away

My little claim to fame on this is that I have played footy with Neale Fenn (bohemians) and Leon Braithwaite (St Pats)...back in my 11 stone size 32 inch waist days....

Ok just thought Id mention it ya know8)

I agree, USA's attack was nearly non-existant. The front men couldnt hold the ball let alone create much danger. Midfield and defence were not too bad I thought.

Good to see Terry score.
Not sure about his comment afterwards though: "this goal is for all the Chelesea fans..."
Yeah thats great consolation for them Terry.. :lol:

My little claim to fame on this is that I have played footy with Neale Fenn (bohemians) and Leon Braithwaite (St Pats)...back in my 11 stone size 32 inch waist days....

Ok just thought Id mention it ya know8)

really :) fair play man, Fenn is usually terrible and ive no idea how he is still with us BUT amazingly enough he was probably the best player on the pitch the other nite,he's a big lad and uses that to his advantage.

We didn't look very dangerous at all on the attacking end.

Very glad JT got his goal. Hopefully it will help dull the pain from the CL final.

It'll take a lot more than a goal for England to dull the misery JT & Chelski suffered in Moscow :twisted::lol:;)

Of course the US lacks the overall quality of England. I don't think that anyone would dispute that. But as far as quality players, yes we do have some. Tim Howard could play on most clubs in the world. He is a top class keeper. Landon Donovan is very good as well, but he doesn't get the publicity because he prefers to play in California to Europe (he's 26 and this match will be his 100th cap).

Keep your eyes on Oguchi Onyewu in defence who has the build of a rugby player and Michael Bradley the 20 year old son of the manager. Both are quality players that I expect to see playing in the Premiership next year.

I'm not trying to be cocky, but in the last year we won the CONCACAF Gold Cup and two straight on European soil so I think that we will put in a good game. I expect the crowd to be hostile, but not like we are used to seeing in places like Mexico City's Azteca. I don't expect to win...but I'm hoping!

I know that I'm looking at this match through rose colored glasses. I always do before a game that I care about...

Either way, I'd rather eat crow than beans on my toast! Go USA!!! :lol:

I'm a Newcastle fan, we had "Gooch" Onyewu for a season, the bloke is a fat lard, awful player. Landon Donovan is nothing too special at all and never heard of Bradley before but no one stood out yesterday at all for USA, or for England for that matter. And while Howard is a good goalie undoubtedly, he blundered at top class level and would definately not make it into a top clubs first team. Eitherway, football lost last night.

Back