Massive game tonight

Okay, so I'm presuming by that you think USA have some quality there. May I just ask, where ?! :p

Of course the US lacks the overall quality of England. I don't think that anyone would dispute that. But as far as quality players, yes we do have some. Tim Howard could play on most clubs in the world. He is a top class keeper. Landon Donovan is very good as well, but he doesn't get the publicity because he prefers to play in California to Europe (he's 26 and this match will be his 100th cap).

Keep your eyes on Oguchi Onyewu in defence who has the build of a rugby player and Michael Bradley the 20 year old son of the manager. Both are quality players that I expect to see playing in the Premiership next year.

I'm not trying to be cocky, but in the last year we won the CONCACAF Gold Cup and two straight on European soil so I think that we will put in a good game. I expect the crowd to be hostile, but not like we are used to seeing in places like Mexico City's Azteca. I don't expect to win...but I'm hoping!

I know that I'm looking at this match through rose colored glasses. I always do before a game that I care about...

Either way, I'd rather eat crow than beans on my toast! Go USA!!! :lol:

It is called bitterness and jealousy! You can't take them seriously as their best export was The Krankees!

our export are decent managers ... and if they werent Scottish perhaps they might guide u mugs to one of these major trophys u and your media crave my man!!! :D

Not mugged off, we just weren't good enough. Thought the group would be a doddle and totally underestimated the rest of the group. Even when it was back in our hands after Russia slipping up we still screwed it up. At the end of the day we had a poor manager who really wasn't up to the job but that wasn't his fault but the people who employed him. The players had no respect for him and didn't want him to go as they could do what they wanted with him in charge. The whole Beckham thing was a shambles too. Look at the blokes who choose the manager of England!! They look like they should be on the sex offenders list! Also Barwick now wasn't he in charge of ITV digital which nearly bankrputed all the football league clubs and had the bright iea of pay per view for games like Barnsley versus Plymouth!! However yes we should be preparing for Euros not getting ready for a brown-noseing vote seeking tour of Trinidad!!:evil:

Anyway still better than you!! ;)

too true ...only by a couple of places in the UEFA rankings right enough .... and i would fancy us to give u lot a game these days .... last time we played u we won afterall!! :lol:

our export are decent managers ... and if they werent Scottish perhaps they might guide u mugs to one of these major trophys u and your media crave my man!!! :D

Alex Ferguson granted. However let us run down a few more Craig Levin, Mark McGee, wee Gordon (relegated Coventry after 30 years was it in top flight?), Souness (tore apart the Liverpool side of the 80s), Alex Mcleish relegated Brum, George Burley (average), George Graham (crook but successful wouldn't cut it today however), David Moyes (remind me what he has won), Joe Jordan (!), oh yes Jim Jeffries forgot about him, Ian Porterfield, John Gorman who clearly was affected by Hod and Eileen.

Shall we start on the last decent Scottish player to come down here and make an impact??? Think was Duncan Ferguson and that is it. Barry Ferguson? McFadden(what division is he in now)? ;)

Glad you said media by the way as I for one don't expect but may crave it what football fan doesn't crave success in some form or other! A country with a pool of talent such as England should be doing far better than what we are. Look at the Dutch. A country with very limited resources yet produce decent teams (although not actually winning anything Euro 88 aside when was probaly the worst football they actually played they actually won!) who play decent football.

Back to the original argument though apart from Fergie (Man U manager and not Duchess) what other Scottish manager could take England to a major tournament and win it?? None! My man!;)

too true ...only by a couple of places in the UEFA rankings right enough .... and i would fancy us to give u lot a game these days .... last time we played u we won afterall!! :lol:

I'll give you that. I for one would be in favour of bringin back the Battle of Britain every year. Surely most be better than playing Trinidad!

Alex Ferguson granted. However let us run down a few more Craig Levin, Mark McGee, wee Gordon (relegated Coventry after 30 years was it in top flight?), Souness (tore apart the Liverpool side of the 80s), Alex Mcleish relegated Brum, George Burley (average), George Graham (crook but successful wouldn't cut it today however), David Moyes (remind me what he has won), Joe Jordan (!), oh yes Jim Jeffries forgot about him, Ian Porterfield, John Gorman who clearly was affected by Hod and Eileen.

Shall we start on the last decent Scottish player to come down here and make an impact??? Think was Duncan Ferguson and that is it. Barry Ferguson? McFadden(what division is he in now)? ;)

Glad you said media by the way as I for one don't expect but may crave it what football fan doesn't crave success in some form or other! A country with a pool of talent such as England should be doing far better than what we are. Look at the Dutch. A country with very limited resources yet produce decent teams (although not actually winning anything Euro 88 aside when was probaly the worst football they actually played they actually won!) who play decent football.

Back to the original argument though apart from Fergie (Man U manager and not Duchess) what other Scottish manager could take England to a major tournament and win it?? None! My man!;)

any of those managers mentioned could do a better job than any of your managers u have had since Hoddle .... i personally thought he was a great manager and made a stupid mistake in public for what he did ....
why go for a big name manager like eriksson or Capello now when all u really need is a man who will kick your ego trip team up the ass cause thats all your talented players needs!!! McClaren was a total joke appointment by the way ..... too many guys punching beneath their weight for the country ... Gerrard, lampard, Rooney need i go on ..... Martin O'Neil should have got the job when he was interviewed.....

and guys mentioned like Moyes, Strachan, McGhee, Graham (10 year ago yeah) even walter smith would do a great job for that bunch of talented englishmen ...

but they wont of course!!! ;)

heres a better question .... wot englishman could and should be doing the job?

any of those managers mentioned could do a better job than any of your managers u have had since Hoddle .... i personally thought he was a great manager and made a stupid mistake in public for what he did ....
why go for a big name manager like eriksson or Capello now when all u really need is a man who will kick your ego trip team up the ass cause thats all your talented players needs!!! McClaren was a total joke appointment by the way ..... too many guys punching beneath their weight for the country ... Gerrard, lampard, Rooney need i go on ..... Martin O'Neil should have got the job when he was interviewed.....

and guys mentioned like Moyes, Strachan, McGhee, Graham (10 year ago yeah) even walter smith would do a great job for that bunch of talented englishmen ...

but they wont of course!!! ;)

heres a better question .... wot englishman could and should be doing the job?

Strachan! McGee! Have you been drinking??? Strachan would call up Paul Telfer straight away! McGee would go running as soon as the Wolves job was available! No thank you!

O'Neill. Mmm possibly but check his record. Think it is more or less the same as Souness in terms of winning things. I don't mind O'Neill personally. A good premiership manager but international not so sure. Can't rely on work work work and more work at international level, need a little bit more. Mind you an Irishman in charge of England! Whatever next? Bono singing the national anthem?;)

Good question. None! Good answer?

I personally thought Bertie (good old English name!) Voghts was doing a good job for you lot! ;)

Strachan! McGee! Have you been drinking??? Strachan would call up Paul Telfer straight away! McGee would go running as soon as the Wolves job was available! No thank you!

O'Neill. Mmm possibly but check his record. Think it is more or less the same as Souness in terms of winning things. I don't mind O'Neill personally. A good premiership manager but international not so sure. Can't rely on work work work and more work at international level, need a little bit more. Mind you an Irishman in charge of England! Whatever next? Bono singing the national anthem?;)

Good question. None! Good answer?

I personally thought Bertie (good old English name!) Voghts was doing a good job for you lot! ;)

being a celtic fan and also a fan of strachan when others want hom shown the door
i would have to say i like what he is doing with his 4-4-2 ... i reckon were a couple of players short of making the last 8 of the champs league and he has just won us 3 titles in a row up here ....
the problem is that your looking at these guys track records with there previous employers when the managers probably werent getting the support from the various boards etc ..... forget club level here and put these guys in with your so called superstar England sqaud!!!

Harry Redknapp was your answer by the way ....with Pearce and Adams as assistants!!! i reckon they could have took you lot to the next level!!!

thats just my opinion by the way! :D

being a celtic fan and also a fan of strachan when others want hom shown the door
i would have to say i like what he is doing with his 4-4-2 ... i reckon were a couple of players short of making the last 8 of the champs league and he has just won us 3 titles in a row up here ....
the problem is that your looking at these guys track records with there previous employers when the managers probably werent getting the support from the various boards etc ..... forget club level here and put these guys in with your so called superstar England sqaud!!!

Harry Redknapp was your answer by the way ....with Pearce and Adams as assistants!!! i reckon they could have took you lot to the next level!!!

thats just my opinion by the way! :D

I was right! You have been drinking! ;)

not for at least another half hour ....still at work!!! ;)
your not a southampton fan are you? :D and an english blue nose while im at it? :lol:

No. West Ham. Thought my little rant earlier about Ashton contract talks, injuries and confidence, Curbishley etc may have given it away.

No. West Ham. Thought my little rant earlier about Ashton contract talks, injuries and confidence, Curbishley etc may have given it away.

fair play to u, i quite like the hammers as a club, very passionate ....

anyway i reckon u lot should win 2-0 the night ...ill be watching with six cans :D... !!

come on the U.S of A right enough :D

fair play to u, i quite like the hammers as a club, very passionate ....

anyway i reckon u lot should win 2-0 the night ...ill be watching with six cans :D... !!

come on the U.S of A right enough :D

Passionate and suffering but very fickle! But that's football fans for you!

My missus is Scottish so no doubt she will want Britain's Got Talent or a repeat of Friends on! Praise the lord for Sky + multiroom etc etc! Think 2-0 will probably be about right. Capello really needs a win and a performance!

Excellent call on the 2-0 scoreline! Congratulations England on a dominating performance. Looks like the US has a LOT of work to do!

We didn't look very dangerous at all on the attacking end.

Very glad JT got his goal. Hopefully it will help dull the pain from the CL final.

wish i wagered that 2-0 now :D
not much of a game, England very comfortable and if they up'd the gears they could have won by more!

Surely Lampard's days are numbered as a starter for England? Thought his contribution was poor. Gareth Barry did more in the short time he was on. Be honest I didn't hear Lampard's name mentioned till near end of 1st half.

It's clear Rooney needs more help up front. Another striker and Gerrard free to assist is what is needed.

Back