Massive game tonight

Ferd

:lol:

Go on morbyd, what do you think the score will be..? will they do you proud?!

ps: did you know we're playing USA next week too?

I for one and looking forward to the game! Right now I'm hoping for a draw. I might be a bit optimistic, but our next two friendlies are Spain and Argentina so I think England is our best chance for a result! Either way it should be a fun match. I'm glad that we are scheduling some real teams for once instead of having to play the same CONCACAF patsies!

I haven't followed the team too closely of late, Ferd, but I read up a little about the match.

Coach Bob Bradley says the boys are going to take the game seriously. Recent form is also pretty decent, having beaten Poland, Switzerland and Sweden over the past year.

We've dropped out of the top ten down to 21st in the FIFA rankings which is a good thing, I think. Removes the false expectations of our previous, and in my view - inflated, ranking.

Could go either way, really, but I think we'd feel fortunate with a draw.

...I hope we smash Yanks at least 6 love.

I don't see it happening. I'm definately not going to trash talk for this game, but I think it will be close. Tim Howard is one of the best keepers in the Premiership and our defence is fairly solid. Only a few more hours to go...

And for those in the UK, before the game starts theres a Euro 2008 Preview on ITV4 at 7.00pm.. just so you know what you'll be missing in June ;)

I don't see it happening. I'm definately not going to trash talk for this game, but I think it will be close. Tim Howard is one of the best keepers in the Premiership and our defence is fairly solid. Only a few more hours to go...

I dunno, maybe 6 was being silly but I think Capello will want to prove a few things and lots of players are out to impress too. Looking at the likely line up for USA the whole team is devoid of any proper class, which is rare for an International team so maybe 6 isn't too silly. Ashton hatrick :twisted:

I dunno, maybe 6 was being silly but I think Capello will want to prove a few things and lots of players are out to impress too. Looking at the likely line up for USA the whole team is devoid of any proper class, which is rare for an International team so maybe 6 isn't too silly. Ashton hatrick :twisted:

I think we'll surprise you tonight then. Of course, maybe I'll be eating crow tomorrow morning on this board. I think you're right about Fabio (love that name) wanting to prove a point. The press will have a field day with him if England don't win.

Ashton has a chance to put himself in the shop window tonight.

Contract talks conveniently stalled after the call up in order to see if one of the big boys come calling or if he can nick an extra few quid off West Sham if he hits the onion bag tonight.

No doubt he is an absolute handful on his day but is a bit injury prone and a confidence player too. Good old Curbs is not too good at handling the player's confidence and will probably be happy to let him go as he still has his eye on Darren Spent!!

However if we let Ashton go then just same old Sham. Should be building team around Ashton not letting them go. Just sending out the wrong signals to the rest of the league. Mind you, we are only going to be middle of the road now under Curbs.

just think, it would usually be a warm up game for the Euro's if u lot werent mugged by Croatia and Russia :lol:

dont try cast back .... were used to not being there ;)

I think we'll surprise you tonight then. Of course, maybe I'll be eating crow tomorrow morning on this board. I think you're right about Fabio (love that name) wanting to prove a point. The press will have a field day with him if England don't win.

Okay, so I'm presuming by that you think USA have some quality there. May I just ask, where ?! :p

just think, it would usually be a warm up game for the Euro's if u lot werent mugged by Croatia and Russia :lol:

dont try cast back .... were used to not being there ;)

Not mugged off, we just weren't good enough. Thought the group would be a doddle and totally underestimated the rest of the group. Even when it was back in our hands after Russia slipping up we still screwed it up. At the end of the day we had a poor manager who really wasn't up to the job but that wasn't his fault but the people who employed him. The players had no respect for him and didn't want him to go as they could do what they wanted with him in charge. The whole Beckham thing was a shambles too. Look at the blokes who choose the manager of England!! They look like they should be on the sex offenders list! Also Barwick now wasn't he in charge of ITV digital which nearly bankrputed all the football league clubs and had the bright iea of pay per view for games like Barnsley versus Plymouth!! However yes we should be preparing for Euros not getting ready for a brown-noseing vote seeking tour of Trinidad!!:evil:

Anyway still better than you!! ;)

Back