MASSIVE Canadian Ibiza Review!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone, just got back from the white isle...and do i ever wish i were still there. I went expecting a great deal, and it gave me even MORE than what i expected. I LUV IBIZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Without further adieu heres our review of the white isle:

Sunday, June 30th:
arrived in Ibiza at 5am after nearly a 1hr delay at the manchester airport. We checked into the Hostel Florencio and expected the worst since IT IS a hostel…but were pleasantly surprised by what we found. A nice little 4 bed room (even though there were only 3 of us) with a balcony overseeing the hills of Ibiza. We instantly went to bed anticipating getting up early to hit Sundays at Space. Arrived at Space (looped of course ;) ) around noon and after a little misunderstanding they found our names on the guestlist. Somehow she mistyped my last name SEVEN TIMES!!!! Now, if I had a crazy ass last name I wouldn’t be critical of her at all…but…my last name contains FOUR count ‘em… 1, 2, 3, 4 letters (Nham) at this point im amazed that im ACTUALLY standing in front of legendary SPACE at the same time wondering how THE club in Ibiza can hire such fools to work the door. Now get this, they told us that we were not allowed to leave and come back in, which was THE most idiotic thing ive EVER heard…but alas, we didn’t feel like arguing with a nitwit that couldn’t enter in 4 simple letters into a keyboard and accepted the fact and decided we would head on back there later. So off to bora bora it was, chilled on the beach for a bit, then went to the bar to get something to eat. Tried the spaghetti carbonara and I HAVE to say, it was THE most disgusting thing I EVER ate in my life…SIMPLY VILE!!!! So it was around 1ish now and we began looking for Ibiza-spotlight members with armbands…to our chagrin we didn’t find anyone in 45mins so we ditched out and watched the world cup. After seeing the spanking delivered to the Germans by the Brazilians we went back to the Florencio for a quick preclub powernap. Arrived again at Space around 10ish, no problems at the door thankfully and once in, ABSOLUTELY MEMSMERIZED. I WAS IN SPACE!!!!!!!!!!!! The terrace was bumpin and Lawler was playing yet another scorcher. Ended off his set with a song played from a CD or something of the sort…to which some big German dude beside us let off a smattering of how that was the worst closer hes ever heard. After laughing at the German bitchin out Lawler we quickly ran up to the dj booth to get him to sign our We luv Sundays flyers. “Steve, yo man we saw u in Edmonton u played a killer set”, to which he replied: “oh yeah Edmonton, that was the worst gig of my life, thanx for comin out boys”. Golly, that makes me feel confident that E-town can pull in more headliners ya know???? Anyways, they shut down the terrace and everyone began packing into the main room to see deep dish. The atmosphere was electric, the ppl FANTASTIC!!!! NEVER MET SOO MANY LOVELY PPL IN A CLUB IN MY LIFE. Deep Dish had the crowd in their hands playin tunes of new and old. They dropped Narcotic Thrust- Safe from Harm and ppl went nuts. A bunch of ppl got on top of one anothers shoulders and it turned into a mad house, SIMPLY AWESOME!!!!!! Left after deep dish finished and headed back to San An, what a GREAT first night.

Monday, July 1st CANADA DAY:
slept for 12 hrs and woke up at 8pm, Canada Day and we slept thru most of it :oops: . Went down to the West End for a meal and pre-drinks carrying the maple leaf proudly on our backs. Met a ton of rowdy brits, and even got a bunch Welshman to chant Ca-na-da, Ca-na-da…it was beautiful…got it all on video as well…EVEN the naughty English chick that tried to steal our Canadian flag, yes u heard me, she tried to STEAL our Canadian flag, u’ll have to pm me if u wannna hear the story behind that, as I have to save room considering the fact im taking up soo much space already ;). Now, we were planning a MEGA night as we were gonna stop in Manumission for a cpl hrs and then head on over to see the S-man. Hooked ourselves up with a chauffer named Vincent Mourray…coolest guy EVER…on the way to Privilege, my friend Jas who’s holding our Manumission passes realizes that he doesn’t have them on him. So we do a U’ee and head on back to the hotel to look for them…not there. We finally come to a conclusion that Jas must have gotten pick pocketed down in the West End. Whatever, so we just decide to head on over to Pacha and hit Release Urself. Arrived in Pacha and let me tell u, even without seeing the rest of the clubs on the island…I KNEW THIS WAS MY CLUB. Everything was gorgeous from the main room, to the global room, to the funky room, to the terrace, to the clubberz, to the dancers…LEFT ME SPEECHLESS. Sanchez hit the decks around 2 and u know what, I cant even describe his set. U had to hear it for urselves, in the 6 hrs he dropped: bob Sinclair- save our soul, tim deluxe, another chance, the res, love story, and other massive tracks that im struggling to remember and put down but I cant cuz I was just in utter bliss when he hit that fader over. WHAT A SET, WHAT A DJ, WHAT A NIGHT. And get this, he is one of the coolest guys ever!!!! We asked him to autograph our Release Urself flyers and he was like “yeah no problem guys, I’ll take care of it in a bit”, and he took the flyers from us, and we were like cool ok, he’ll give them to us when he’s done his set. We see him scrambling around the dj booth with his little mini flashlight looking for something and we just automatically assumed it was the next vinyl he wanted to play. Turns out, he was looking for a pen, and we were like what, we have a pen right here and he refused to take it. HIS pen was one of those special silver markers that has glittering silver ink. He spent like 2mins looking for it so he could give us a cool autograph on our flyers…I mean WOW, I cant believe he did that. After his set was over we got a pic with him as well…UNBELIEVABLE GUY!!!!!

Tuesday, July 2nd:
Hit Café Mambo and watched a breathtaking show from the fire dancers. Pete Tong was spinnin some amazing tunes and the night was just perfect. Ran into Ibiza-spotlights very own DC girl, the only person on the forum that we actually met. She didn’t even buy me a drink :cry: (remember it was her idea that whoever sees another spotlight member first would be owed a drink ;)), after dancing for a bit it was time to head to the Renaissance Opening party at Amnesia. And again, another Ibizan club took my breath away as Amnesia was done up prime for the opening party. We actually met Pete Goodings sister who couldn’t get us on the VIP list (no worries sweetie ;) ). Kleinenberg played a rough set, I was hoping he would play his remix of scorchio but alas, scorchio never came my way. Great set nonetheless. Shitty thing about Amnesia is that u don’t have access to the dj’s or anything unless ur VIP. So we had to wait around downstairs in the other room by the VIP stairs until Sander came down to get his autograph. U could tell that Kleinenbergs success isn’t getting to his head as he was totally shocked that we actually wanted his autograph. Lord only knows what would have happened if we would have remembered to ask to get a picture with him...hahahha. Anyways digger came on afterwards and in my opinion was nowhere near as good as Kleinenberg. And for an opening party I was expecting a lot more…but a good night nonetheless.

Wednesday, July 3rd:
EVERYONE on the forum said sooo many good things about the Subliminal nights, and u know what, EVERYBODY WAS RIGHT!!!!. What an unbelievable night. Erick Morillo was a god!!! Lemme just say this: no one was buying drinks cuz everyone was dancing throughout his set, and since no one was buying drinks ALL the bargirls got up on their bars and started dancing too. MORILLO PLAYED THE BEST SET IVE EVER HEARD!!! And this was coming after I heard Sanchez’s set on Monday…WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To top it all off one of the dancers (think she’s the main one) was giving away Subliminal Session 3 CD’s. She came out and a mosh pit started around her podium…I thought I was gonna get squished becuz sooo many ppl were just dyin to get one of these cd’s. So she was doing her thang and she reached out to give me one of the cd’s, thing is she reached out with one hand and I grabbed it with only one hand…BIG MISTAKE!!! 50 other hands came swatting in and knocked the cd right out of my hand…and I looked at her and I saw her face and she was like oh my god. So get this, she tried to give me ANOTHER cd, but this time she gave it to me with two hand firmly on it, and I grabbed it with both of my hands and ppl were STILL trying to wriggle in there and grab it from me. They gave out fire sparklers, and Pacha turned into a dazzling sparkfest…I’ll never forget that moment for the rest of my life!!!!! At the end of his set we got Morillo to autograph our flyers and my CD. We got a picture with him as well, but the weird thing is the dude was down in his booth so we only got like his head in between my friend Dan and myself. I should also mention that Claudio Coccoluto and Richard F played smashing sets as well…too bad their sets were just dwarfed by Morillo’s. Richard F had the hardest job of all, trying to follow an act like that?? Oh my god, its impossible but he gave it a go…total RESPECT to that.

Thursday, July 4th:
Cream at Amnesia, it would have been an understatement to say we were pumped. PVD! PVD! PVD! we couldn’t wait. Tiesto played his set before PVD hit the decks and I must admit, Tiesto played a stunner. Dropped one of my ALL TIME FAVOURITE trance tunes: V one – Dead Cities. Anyways, PVD came on afterwards and we missed almost 10mins of the beginning of his set cuz we were waiting for stupid Tiestos autograph. Went back into the main room to see Van Dyke and he had the packed dance floor buzzing. He finished spinning and then encored for about 30mins afterwards as well. He came off to be a real dick though, refusing to come down to sign autographs for the many that were waiting for him. However, after seeing the disappointment in our faces he threw down one flyer with his name scribbled on it…gee…thanx Paul…only thing is, there were 3 of us standing there waiting…guess Van Dyke just doesn’t give everyone the Roger Sanchez treatment eh? All in all, a good night at cream.

Friday, July 5th: Well considering we were on the Ministry Clubbers guide Tour, it would have been logical to see the 3 bumpin Canadians at Pacha AGAIN for Ministry night right???? Wrong, we decided to defy logic yet again, and head to El Divino for the what’s up party. WE WERE NOT DISSAPOINTED!!! Mad mad house. What a funky set, played by some relatively unknown dj’s: Tania Vulcano, Jose de Divina, and some dude that goes by the name of Mr. C. They also had some guys playing the bongos AND drums along with the tunes being pumped out by the 3 which made it even a rougher night. The view of Ibiza was breathtaking and so were the dancers inside ;). However, I didn’t like the fact that soo many ppl were standing around watching. I mean, GET ON THE FLOOR AND GIVE ‘ER MAN!!!!!!! What’s the point of hittin a club to stand around????? They were obviously tryin to “pull”, but at least show the DJ’s SOME respect, all u need to do is step on the dancefloor and shake ur tush for a few mins, that’s all!!!! The standing ppl aside, great night at El Divino.

Saturday, July 6th:
Seeing as our checkout was at 11am, and our flight didn’t leave until 5am Sunday morning, we decided it would be a good idea NOT to hit a club this night, preferring to travel around the beautiful island and taking in some majestic scenery. Headed up into old Eivissa town and I must say, it is simply GORGEOUS!!!!! We went ALL the way to the top and peered down at the amazing ocean. Boats and yachts streaming into the ports as far as the eye can see. Water soooo blue that it looked like the ocean was colored in with a crayola marker. Ladies and Gents, lemme tell u this right now: I’m sitting at home in Edmonton writing this review right now, and every time I think about that scene, I cringe and wonder why I’m not there right now. What a beautiful island, and ANYONE who comes to just drink their minds away or drop pills until they don’t know a thing in the world is NOT doing this island any justice. Yes, im talking to u SAN ANTONIO BEER BOYS who sit around at ur hotel bars and drink urselves into oblivion, and occasionally go to the odd Judgement Sunday at Eden, only to tell ur friends that u were there but when they asked u how good it was, u cant remember cuz u were too smashed to remember even a single track that UR god, Judge Jules played. Now, I guess when ur booking an Ibiza trip for 96 pounds from www.lastminute.com u have the luxury of just drinking away in ur hotel bar. I could only imagine what it would be like if it cost me $96 to get to Ibiza. For all u newbies going out, ur OBVIOUSLY gonna check out the clubs and dj’s, but be sure NOT to forget to explore the island. There r soooo many beautiful places from the picturesque hills, to the views of the ocean and beach that its indescribable with words. Speaking of indescribable things to see in Ibiza, we picked an AMAZING night to watch the sunset at Cafe Del Mar. Probably AT LEAST 1000 ppl streamed across the beach watching the most beautiful event ive ever seen in my life, not a cloud in the sky and the piercing red sparkled off the ocean, and when the sun went beneath, an uproarous clap of appreciation to God's finest work let out from Mambo down to Savannah. Got it all on film too ;). What a perfect way to end our stay. Well that’s it, I let a brief goodbye cry :cry: before our plane departed and Ibiza is now in my heart and in my memories.

Summary/Tips:
-The water is horribly disgusting, whatever u do be sure to buy lots of bottled water which is crazzzyyyyyyyy cheap in the supermarcados. Just imagine brushing ur teeth and rinsing out ur mouth with water that’s all salty…ewwwwwww.
-Pre-Drink, Pre-Drink, Pre-Drink…Liquor is DIRT CHEAP here…I mean 9euros for a 2-6 of Bacardi??? U have to be kiddin me. My friend finished off a bottle a day. Don’t even drink in the pre club bars…just buy ur own liquor and mix and drink before u go anywhere. Now, if ur like me and ur all about the dancing this is what I did: 1 red bull, 1 gatorade, and 1 litre of water about 1hr BEFORE u hit the clubs. I’m in really good shape so I thought I could last on 1 bottle of water every 2hrs in the clubs…I WAS DEAD WRONG!!! The music, the atmosphere, ur givin it…sooner or later ur gonna CRAVE THE WATER and what makes it worse is that the water they give u is super tiny, u literally can finish it in one gulp. That first night at SPACE, naïve lil me probably spent 100euros on water alone.
-RENT A CAR!!!!!!!!!!!! Taking the bus was HELL!!!!!!!!! Walking out of a club at 8am dead tired, and having to walk to the bus stop and wait for a bus, sitting on the bus with Ibizans who give u the dirtiest looks cuz ur smelly, tired, and look like shitt and just the fact that UR coming HOME from the clubs and they’re GOING to work doesn’t feel that great, although, u will have some of the BEST memories of the island from those random bus rides…ie; learning crazy ass Spanish from cute Spanish girls or meeting other cool Canadians named Junior (pm me if u want to hear more bus stories…I got some HILARIOUS ones). My suggestion, take one whole day and just use the public transportation. See how u like it, I mean if u don’t find it that bad, renting a car may not be for u. We were staying in San An…so if u wanted to get to Bora Bora it would be at least a minimum of 1hr there, and 1hr back…not good when ur jet lagged and hungover.
-DO NOT buy any kind of drink that looks like chocolate milk. Coming back from the Subliminal night, we were in a gas station and I bought some sort of chocolate drink that I presumed to be chocolate milk. WRONG!!! Turned out to be some kind of chocolate water…simply GAWD-AWFUL. Which brings me to this point: bring diarrhea pills. U may get it, u may not…but just as a precautionary measure (thanx Jas, u were my saviour that day), and while ur at it bring anything else u think u might need.
-TALK TO PPL. Anybody and everybody, we met sooo many cool ppl there it wasn’t even funny. Be nice to the locals and don’t act like ur a dumb strung out clubber. The lady running the Florencio luved us soo much she would give us free drinks at breakfast and we found EVERYONE to be super nice.
-Last but not least, I’ll reiterate this point again, EXPLORE THE ISLAND…its STUNNING!!!!!!!!!! U’ll regret it if u don’t.

So that’s it, I hope u all had a fun time reading my long ass review. I was wanting to wait until I had ALL my pics (close to 400) up on the net before I wrote my review so as u all could see them and kinda relate to my stories, but everyone was getting their reviews on here and I was seriously itchin to myself. THE PICS WILL COME SOON!!! And I’ll announce it on the forum so u all can see what a splendid time we all had on the white isle. To all u newbies reading this, I hope the review helps u out whatever ur plans may be, and I hope u guys all have a killer trip. We’ll see u all back there next yr…drinks up everyone ;)

mIcHeAl

de-virginized at last :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi,

Quality review mate, sounds like you had a wicked time. Only 2 weeks tomorrow untill i depart for the white Isle..... IM GOING MAD. :) :twisted:

this is a real 'get u in de mood' review :D
my mouth is watering :p :p
little misunderstanding they found our names on the guestlist

do you mind me askin how you managed to get your name on the guestlist (could come in handy ;) )?

dan :)

Hi,

wow!!! fantastic post, i have got really excited know and can't wait!!!

Just one thing, when you went to cream did they have any like lasers or special effects or anything, oh and apart from the smoke machine.

Just one thing, when you went to cream did they have any like lasers or special effects or anything, oh and apart from the smoke machine.

Yeah they had massive lazers going bezerks on Cream night AND Renaissance night. Oh i forgot to mention, Kleinenberg worked the ice/smoke machine perfectly...the first time he used it, i forgot which song he played...but it was a fantastic buildup...and then BOOM!!!!! Out of nowhere ice and smoke hit everyone on the dancefloor like a lightning bolt along with the massive beats he dropped. Oh my god, i thought i was gonna die :lol: :lol: When ice/smoke machine hits u for the first time unsuspectingly u get the BIGGEST adrenaline rush ever...i better stop talking about it my heart is pumping like mad...im too excited ;)

How were you able to get so many free tickets???

I mentioned meeting our chauffer ;). If by chance ur down in San An, in the square there during the night, and get acosted by a local who keeps on bragging how he has "lots of friends in Ibiza", and how hes "number one in Ibiza"...BELIEVE HIM!!!! Vincent Mourray is the coolest person we met. He drove us around EVERYWHERE for dirt cheap, AND got us into EVERY club for 20euros max WITHOUT WAITING IN LINE. If u see this guy, tell him u know mike, jas, and dan from Canada...im sure he'll hook ya up ;).

do you mind me askin how you managed to get your name on the guestlist (could come in handy )?

We had free tickets to Sundays at Space included in our Ministry Clubbers guide tour...so we were on the guestlist. But i dont know if being on there is such a good thing...like i said, they wouldnt let us have a free pass out and back in, maybe this was just becuz they felt like being dicks to us, but if ya ask me it seems a little shady. I would rather buy tickets and have a free pass out ;)

Glad u all liked the review, thanx for the replies

mIcHeAl

yes, it's nice to see that someone's experienced "alternative" ibiza and not the usual carry on. a refreshing change - a breath of fresh air!

see you next year?

DJ Biff

str8 from Canada baby!! said:
I mentioned meeting our chauffer ;). If by chance ur down in San An, in the square there during the night, and get acosted by a local who keeps on bragging how he has "lots of friends in Ibiza", and how hes "number one in Ibiza"...BELIEVE HIM!!!! Vincent Mourray is the coolest person we met. He drove us around EVERYWHERE for dirt cheap, AND got us into EVERY club for 20euros max WITHOUT WAITING IN LINE. If u see this guy, tell him u know mike, jas, and dan from Canada...im sure he'll hook ya up ;).

How much did you for his services for the whole week?

re superb

What can i say ...... this page just gets better and better

absolutely superb CanadaBaby ..... glad you had a ball

cant wait till the 2nd of august now for my turn .....

How much did you for his services for the whole week?

At first we were a bit skeptical, but after seein the dude in action we realized that he was legit. Like i said, hes the coolest guy ever, we would tell him what time to come pick us up whether it be 3am or 3pm and he would be there. Get this, he came to our hotel at noon to drive us to bora bora, then picked us up from bora bora at 7:30 dropped us off at the hotel, and then came back around 1am to pick us up and take us to Amnesia for the Cream opening party, getting us in VIP no line, when the actual ppl waiting were stretched far back as the eye could see. We paid him 20euros for the WHOLE day of driving, and 20euros each to get in (when tix at the door were 45euro). But we didnt pay him money for a whole week or anything like that, we just paid him per ride and stuff. It was around 8 euro a ride...which is good considering we were in San An and he was always drivin us to playa den bossa and eivissa town. He also drove us to the airport at 3am for our departure, and he only wanted 10euro for it, but since he was sooo nice we gave him 15. What a great guy...if u see him...be sure to tell him we said hi ;)

micheal

Hi,

the lasers in there are wickid, i went to godskitchen there last year, and they had the lasers working over time, such a cool scene, it was one of those oh my god moments!!!

Robo

Robo said:

The best thing about the lasers in Amnesia is when they combine it with the smoke. If you are right "in the firing line", it looks as though you are either flying through luminous green clouds, or your taking part in some misty Victorian murder scene - like Hound of the Baskervilles or something. Thought I'd done a trip for a moment - excellent!!!

str8 from Canada baby!! said:
Wednesday, July 3rd:
EVERYONE on the forum said sooo many good things about the Subliminal nights, and u know what, EVERYBODY WAS RIGHT!!!!. What an unbelievable night. Erick Morillo was a god!!! Lemme just say this: no one was buying drinks cuz everyone was dancing throughout his set, and since no one was buying drinks ALL the bargirls got up on their bars and started dancing too. MORILLO PLAYED THE BEST SET IVE EVER HEARD!!!

Yep it was a blinder for sure and I reckon Morillo enjoyed it more than anyone - he had a grin like a chesire cat, was bouncing around behind the desks like a puppy dog. At one point the crowd (inclluding me) were chanting "ERIK, ERIK, ERIK, ERIK" above the music! He could have plyed anything and we'd have loved it - in fact he did! Do you you remeber him playing the Cisqo - the thong song? Man I hate that song but I went mental to it like it was my all time fav record! He had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand and we were loving it! The energy of so many people having the best night of their lives was pretty awsome.

You will be pleased to hear that this night was about 100 times better than the Perfecto opening from the week before, with Oakey/Tong going head to head - which never quite hooked it up with the crowd.

This was probably the best night I've ever had in Pacha (if not it in equal first place with Perfecto last last year), so you can say you struck lucky with the timing!

Also, it's a shame we didn't meet up because we were at a few of the same nights :( We did meet up with one dude from Canada though who was a very cool guy. Canadians rule!

wonderful!!!!!!!!

I think that this review was amazing!!!! I am so excitied to go, especially after reading this.....thank u to my fellow Canadian..you made us proud!!
can't wait to see the pictures!! 8)

At one point the crowd (inclluding me) were chanting "ERIK, ERIK, ERIK, ERIK" above the music!

DUDE!!!!! My friend Dan and I started that!!!!!! We were right by the dance podium when the one dancer was spraying everyone with silly string. U MUST HAVE been right beside me man!!!!! ROUGH!!!!!! Wait till i get the pics up, hell u might be in a cpl of them ;) And yeah, Morillo had us in his pockets, i was in utter bliss the whole time...he played a perfect set...right when she was givin CD's away he played Sting me Red which got everyone even crazier!!!!!! And yeah, that remix of thong song...oh my god...UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!! THE BEST NIGHT ON THE ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although Sanchez's night was right up there as well. Were u at Release Urself as well Paul????

mIcheaL

Back