Marriage

This is incorrect.

Ancient cultures were torn to shreds by Christianity and associated religions.

They are man made concepts.

The roots of your culture are in shamanic/pagan cultures like the Aboriginal/Native American traditions in Australia and the US.

True. Religion has destroyed cultures since the beginning of time, the two largest of all time being the biggest offenders of relentless persecution and horrendus atrocities in "the name of god".

I don't see this as a religious issue, it's a social issue.

Everything intangible is a man made concept; the list is infinite. I don't see how that is relative to my line you quoted. This whole debate all comes down to what society deems acceptable and wants to declare the union of 2 same sex people as marriage, which is what we are discussing here.

True. Religion has destroyed cultures since the beginning of time, the two largest of all time being the biggest offenders of relentless persecution and horrendus atrocities in "the name of god".

Everything intangible is a man made concept; the list is infinite. I don't see how that is relative to my line you quoted. This whole debate all comes down to what society deems acceptable and wants to declare the union of 2 same sex people as marriage, which is what we are discussing here.

Marriage is a religious concept though.

Like it or not you live in a Christianised society. We might be one of the most irreligious countries in the whole of Europe but the framework of your existence is based on the brainwashing of people that took place during the inquisition.

Choosing to hide behind 'society' and 'tradition' to justify your own bigotry shows a lack of strength in your views.

purple_lean said:
I feel that marriage is defined as a union between a Man and a Woman. It has been that way since the beginning of recorded history, to to consummate a breeding pair and to have children within a house to promote responsibility for and the welfare of those children in the community.

Teaching children to put the feelings of the community before their own is abuse and equates to social conditioning.

purple_lean said:
This is solely my opinion, please refrain from the flames. Thanks.

Why? Because it might hurt when someone speaks their own truth and says your views are absolutely disgusting?

Marriage is a religious concept though.

Like it or not you live in a Christianised society. We might be one of the most irreligious countries in the whole of Europe but the framework of your existence is based on the brainwashing of people that took place during the inquisition.

Choosing to hide behind 'society' and 'tradition' to justify your own bigotry shows a lack of strength in your views.

Teaching children to put the feelings of the community before their own is abuse and equates to social conditioning.

Why? Because it might hurt when someone speaks their own truth and says your views are absolutely disgusting?

I agree

Social morals determine what is expectable. People don't have to follow them. Having a harem or concubines was at once acceptable but today it is frowned upon. Marriage was created by man it is not a union listed in a religious text. People and religions use religions to control people and support their views no matter how skewed they are

I'll never capture this as succinctly as Rodber (who's decisive and laser guided missile popping of the bigoted bubble I can't help but applaud), however yes, don't hide behind 'society'. What's your own opinion?

I'm intigued btw. What does this exactly mean:

'Everything intangible is a man made concept; the list is infinite'

Back