Luggage Weight

If really pushed for to lose that extra wee bit, I find that big beach towels (and inflatable lilos/dinghys if you are taking any) add on extra weight - buy them or anything else that you can buy once you are there and just leave them behind - they cost next to nothing anyway

Do what Mrs Rustywoo and I plan to do (someday)

FedEx your luggage direct to the hotel.

Easy

Crikey! case packed 2 weeks befor u go!! wish i could be that organised! no matter where im going i never end up packing till the day i leave and then i'm in a big panic goin out the door tryin to find stuff - such a scatter brain! :rolleyes:

Mello said:
Crikey! case packed 2 weeks befor u go!! wish i could be that organised! no matter where im going i never end up packing till the day i leave and then i'm in a big panic goin out the door tryin to find stuff - such a scatter brain! :rolleyes:

Well, I'm planning on repacking this saturday (the day before we go) as the general consensus is that I've packed too much if it's over 20k.

I really hate packing late, as I'd rather relax the day or two before we go.

5 days to go!!!

DJBenson said:
Mello said:

Well, I'm planning on repacking this saturday (the day before we go) as the general consensus is that I've packed too much if it's over 20k.

I really hate packing late, as I'd rather relax the day or two before we go.

5 days to go!!!

ur better off being organised- packing at the last min isn't worth the stress trust me!! im off on the 25th and im determined to be all packed by at least the day before this time....bet i wont be tho :rolleyes:

i always worry when packing, we have a list of essentials which is a very long list, we tick of what we have bought and packed.

i must now go get some fresh air as the excitement is really getting to my head :) :!: :!:

Just to make it clear, the limit for suitcases is 20kg, not 25kg unless you get a charter flight which they allow you more on.

As others have mentioned, the real trick is just taking a look at what you packed and asking yourself "do I really need that?"

Me and sam only went for a week so keeping it under 20kg was quite easy. Last year going to Gran Canaria we packed loads and came back having not worn half of what we packed, so this time we had a good think and realised that the week would only consist of swin costumes and a few pairs of shirts and tshirts, plus a few "smart" clothes. Dont forget that if you pack light and need to wear the same clothes again you can usually find a laundrette at your hotel or close by.

As for hand luggage, most people do not make the full use of this as it is another 5kg that you can take with you, and neither birmingham intl or ibiza airport weighed our hand luggage going in or out!

We also asked the same question regarding cd players and got quite vague and varied answers about it so decided to risk it. We took the cd player seperate to our hand luggage and carried it onto the plane with us, storing it over head next to the hand luggage. This also was not weighed and the only time anyone paid any attention to it was when we had to put it on the xray machine.

If you do go over then most people will let you off with a couple of kilos, but as K said... BE NICE! If you go over by more than that then do expect to have to put your hand in your pocket, and dont expect much change!

Just a quick note, if you find yourself going over on weight because of alcohol that you buy out there then consider the pre-order on your outgoing plane. I pre-ordered about 6 bottles of spirits and just picked them up from ibiza airport on the way home. This also was not weighed and we just took it on with our hand luggage as well as the cd player.

Its odd how you can seem to take so much on in the way of hand luggage and cd players, yet they get so awkward over suitcases. Still, if there is a way round these things then you may as well make the most of it.

Hope this helps guys, have a great time!

usually find there happy to take an average of you and your partners cases so if ones under and ones over no problems, sure i saw something on tv about the maximum weight of your case it was to do with health and safety for the luggage handlers

with my tickets were the new instructions re weight allowance and that unlike previous years even a camera is going to count against cabin luggage and only one item allowed - be warned!

Back