Losing your virginity....

Just realized a couple of you included the first bar visit in ibiza.

My first "bar" was the plastic chairs outside of 'Whips' supermarket the next day after 'La Troya'. My friend and I killed an entire bottle of Bacardi Limon between us in the afternoon heat and got destroyed.

We spent the time cat-calling plumpers and laughing at our own jokes.

Bars can be just as important as the clubs in my eyes. Especially if you end up spending a whole night there.

August 1999.
Dave Pearce at Eden
BOSH! :D

1st bar was probably orange corner or Bar M.

I've been back every year since and planning my 40th out there this year at the incredible Clockwork Orange weekender.

Club was privilege for manumission on a Monday night in 1997. It was an eye opener. Great music with trance starting to get big and that appealed a lot at the time. The cavernous nature of the club was remarkable to my eyes. And the live sex show (or no show) was just meh.

Next club was space 8 hours later. That was entertaining too for very different reasons.

[QUOTE="LuckyBlueSuit, post: 926920, And the live sex show (or no show) was just meh.
/QUOTE]Yes the sorry sight of Mike trying to "Thumb it in" has to be one of Ibiza's biggest flops in the last 25yrs..ironically I remember Born Slippy playing one night they attempted The Sex..:lol:[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
September 2001

First bar - Strikers - classy!!

First club night - I think it was a foam party in Es Paradis which was not that impressive! Later that week we went to Manumission which blew me away (although I only ever felt the need to go back once), Judgement Sunday @ Eden, and then Cream @ Amnesia. Needless to say Cream was the highlight and I love Amnesia to this day.

We were supposed to leave for the airport at 9 the next morning and were woken by a call from reception saying our coach was about to leave I’ve never packed so fast but at least we got the flight!

Club was privilege for manumission on a Monday night in 1997. It was an eye opener. Great music with trance starting to get big and that appealed a lot at the time. The cavernous nature of the club was remarkable to my eyes. And the live sex show (or no show) was just meh.

Next club was space 8 hours later. That was entertaining too for very different reasons.

Same club, same year for me too. Ended up dancing on the bridge across the pool. DJ booth was at the back then. Would give anything to relive ibiza that year

Amnesia cream 2001 with Timo Mass and Dave Seamen. I’m sure Seb was meant to be there also but was a no show (again).. All i can really remember was a red phone box in the main room and ubik and Kosheen Hide U been played..

Amnesia cream 2001 with Timo Mass and Dave Seamen. I’m sure Seb was meant to be there also but was a no show (again).. All i can really remember was a red phone box in the main room and ubik and Kosheen Hide U been played..

I've only ever seen the red phone box on the terrace!

I also lost my ibiza virginity in amnesia. cream, 2004. still loved trance back then, but after checking out other parties here on the island (cocoon, matinée, we love, carl cox, release yourself, yoshitoshi, subliminal, monza etc) I rapidly fell in love with other styles.

it's funny, up to this day amnesia is still my favourite club. I simply have a soft spot for it. but it probably also got to do with the fact that I did work for them one summer years ago!

I've only ever seen the red phone box on the terrace!

If i can reconnect my memory, the phone box was very near the entrance to the main room on the right hand side. The terrace was pretty empty and more chilled out area during my first few years..

Cream @ Amnesia, Thursday 16th August 2000

Main Room
Dave Seaman
Sander Kleinenberg
Saeed & Palash
Herman Cattaneo

Terrace
Fatboy Slim
Jon Carter
Andy Carroll
Mar-T

(I found the flyer stuck to a old record box not so long ago :D)

Spent most of the night on the Terrace, Fatboy Slim (when he was good) b2b Jon Carter was excellent. Ended up having to carry my mate into a taxi as he's had way too many Hierbas!

June 2011

First bar - Bucanero in San An bay, or BN3 further round.. can't remember which!

First club night was Tiesto @ Privilege, persuaded by a ticket seller at BN3 and although I wasn't a massive Tiesto fan, the whole night set the bar very high..

been back at least once a year since and yes I'm hooked!

First club night was Tiesto @ Privilege, persuaded by a ticket seller at BN3 and although I wasn't a massive Tiesto fan, the whole night set the bar very high..

That was the last year I saw Tiesto in Ibiza actually. 2009 is still my standout set from him.

June 2011

First bar - Bucanero in San An bay, or BN3 further round.. can't remember which!

been back at least once a year since and yes I'm hooked!
Bucanero OH I remember the 70's or 80's when it was the only mambo bar?

Back