Looking for romantic restaurant

F

funkster100

I proposed to my girlfriend a couple of months ago in Prague, but I thought it would be nice to do it again in Ibiza just for the hell of it - Ibiza is so beautiful it would be rude not to :!:

Can anyone recommend a romantic restauarant, ideally one with a sunset view and open air terrace/balcony area so I can time it to the sunset and take her by surprise with a nice chilled bottle of champers on the table! 8)

S'Abodaldo (prob spelt incorrectly!!!) in Cala D'hort. Check out the restaurant section there is a website.

Can't see any restaurants mentioned in Cala D'hort in the spotlight guide - any further details?

Es Boldado is ideal for impressing the chiccas. You need a car or a taxi as it's miles from anywhere, on the road to cala d'hort look for signs ( the turnings on the right if i remember correctly).

funkster100 said:
Can anyone recommend a romantic restauarant, ideally one with a sunset view and open air terrace/balcony area so I can time it to the sunset and take her by surprise with a nice chilled bottle of champers on the table! 8)

No sunset view but try KM5, the most lovely romantic place on the island................lovely food, really friendly staff, big couches and cushions to lounge on afterwards, it's def one of my fave places in Ibiza :D

Oh and congratulations on your forthcoming wedding :D ;)

We love KM5 - have made a trip there every year for the last few years! It is a special place - very romantic.

Need somewhere new that we've never been to...

Any other ideas?

Km5 is a great place to eat and to meet people e.t.c I think there may be more romantic places there though that are a bit smaller and quieter depends what you like. somewhere by the sea would be nice with the salty air and the waves lightly splashing on the rocks.

dfunky said:
somewhere by the sea would be nice with the salty air and the waves lightly splashing on the rocks.

That's the kind of place I'm after....

rustywoo said:
splash out some serious dosh and take the lovely lady to Los Das Lunas.

I don't mind splashing out.... Whats the place like? Does it have a view of the sunset, what kind of food is on offer?

Here's a link for Es Boldado :arrow: www.ibiza-restaurants.com/esboldado/

The pictures on that site doesn't really do the place justice, the view is absolutely magnificent, perfect for popping the question IMO. I've not eaten at the restaurant myself so can't comment on the food but i have heard very good reports. It's definately on my list of things to do this year.

Good luck ;)

taxi

how much do you think a taxi will cost from san antonio by the sunset strip to km5? :idea:

funkster100 said:
We love KM5 - have made a trip there every year for the last few years! It is a special place - very romantic.

Any other ideas?

why not try Casa Colonial or El Ayoun, both have incredible gardens and wonderfull food... the atmosphere will be fitting!

From San an it would depend on which way the taxi would go
If he took the main road to Ibiza town and then on to the road to San Jose it would cost more. get the taxi man to take you on the main road through san an bay to san jose and on to the road to Ibiza town. that would be cheapest i think it would cost about 30 to 40 euro's maybe.

pawa said:
funkster100 said:

Any other ideas?

why not try Casa Colonial or El Ayoun, both have incredible gardens and wonderfull food... the atmosphere will be fitting!

Just done a search on google and both these sound like wonderful places - thank you!

Do you know where I might find any photo's?

Back