London People

Keifer

Anything good happening in Fancy London Town next weekend. It will be my first visit, g/f from London, and want to have a mad one...

Well I'm not really up to what's on next wkend cos I'm not going to be here YAY :D

But from the top of my head, depending what music you're into:

No 1 choice would be Derrick Carter @ The End.

Also you've got City Loud @ Turnmills (think it's Lottie guesting with CJ Mackintosh this month).

The Cross is Serious/Duested (don't know who's playing but check website).

Ministry is their Meganite (Mauro Picotto's night down there).

What kind of music are you into, that might narrow it down a bit??

Got friends playing at Fabric tonight ... would have loved to have gone but ... IBIZA tomorrow!

Im WELL looking forward to Pacha on Friday.

The night is called "What is Urban House",and its loads of wicked garage djs playing funky house.

And one of my pals is playing there, and he is the best DJ i know.

And a live PA from Jocelyn Brown.

Urban house looks pretty interesting. Don't you just love new genres?
And Pacha London does live up to the name in terms of venue.

But Classic at the End is always kicking. DLC in the main room + always something interesting in the bar. I'd go for this one if you're just down for the weekend.

Ibiza-girlie said:
or try china white for something stylish and bohemian.......was there once and it was a great place.......

You've got to be kidding, Chinawhites is the biggest pile of $hite in London Town. If you want to mix with the likes of Jordan, Dean Gaffney and Dane Bowers :rolleyes: then fine but it's not even a proper club as far as I'm concerned.

Wow Barbie, China Whites, Dean Gaffney, I'm there, he's my hero. Yeah right!!! Looks like Derrick Carter for us. Thanks for the tips...

Speaking of Chinawhites, what does everyone think of the Mao Rooms in Ibiza Town which is also owned by Chinawhites?

I thought it was a very nice-looking venue and far less stuck-up than I imagined, although one of the waiters thought my boyfriend was famous and was falling over themselves which helped! :eek: :lol:

kitten's head said:
Speaking of Chinawhites, what does everyone think of the Mao Rooms in Ibiza Town which is also owned by Chinawhites?

its actualy not a bad place! could do with a bigger terrace though....

kitten's head said:

I thought it was a very nice-looking venue and far less stuck-up than I imagined, although one of the waiters thought my boyfriend was famous and was falling over themselves which helped! :eek: :lol:

The Mao Rooms is really nice I find and attacts good crowd, whereas Chinawhites is like some kind of 80s throwback which attacts D list celebs :rolleyes:

Barbie said:
kitten's head said:

The Mao Rooms is really nice I find and attacts good crowd, whereas Chinawhites is like some kind of 80s throwback which attacts D list celebs :rolleyes:

oooh this is a newun, The Mao rooms, sounds good! where and when!
its in my ibiza diary, gosh i#'m becoming a bit of ageek with my diary :rolleyes:

I've always had a cracking night with city loud@turnmills. CJ Mackintosh is an absolute winner. If it is true that lottie is playing aswell you'll really have a good night.

klingclubber said:
Barbie said:
kitten's head said:

oooh this is a newun, The Mao rooms, sounds good! where and when!
its in my ibiza diary, gosh i#'m becoming a bit of ageek with my diary :rolleyes:

You will like it, although it's not cheap for drinks (but where is!)

It is just off the harbour in Ibiza Town and free to get into and has similar bars times/prices to Base Bar and the others.

It has a chinese theme (hence the name) so you get to lie about to cushions with your shoes off whilst insense in burnt so it is very comfy and trendy.

Back