London NYD

Springal

NYD is one of my fave nights. A group
of us work in the nightlife industry so NYD provides a good night out, our own NYE and tends to be a more serious crowd.

Just browsing Resident Advisor for this year and some of the line ups already out are ridiculous. Sven Vath @ Great Sutton Street, Maceo Plex Dream Don't Sleep @ Tobacco Dock is a strong line up, Art of Dark @ Studio 338, Audiowhore @ Coronet etc etc...

How do you choose

Its really blown up over the last few years, used to be the odd party now there as many on NYD as NYE. Personally I prefer it as well, I like celebrating NYE with friends/family relatively quietly and then smashing it NYD.

Choice wise I guess it depends on your tastes...I would personally hang on for the Electric Minds/Studio Spaces line up...they are usually my pick for NYD in recent times.

Nice to see Great Suffolk Street Warehouse putting up some great looking parties too for the autumn/winter, and in a central location. If they only got the night tube going then that place and all of us would benefit greatly.

Nice to see Great Suffolk Street Warehouse putting up some great looking parties too for the autumn/winter, and in a central location. If they only got the night tube going then that place and all of us would benefit greatly.

Won't it be covered soon ?

Last year we did Eats Everything all night at Electric Brixton which is one of my fave venues, and really enjoyed that.

Will hold out a bit longer to see what else comes out too

Have been to the GSS Warehouse last two Saturday nights in a row, different nights produced very different vibes though.
The first, Defected in the House, full of happy housey ravers, everyone enjoying themselves and dancing freely.

The second, a night featuring the likes of Philip George, Danny Howard and Zeds Dead, seemed to be going swimmingly... until Oliver Heldens came on and 90% of the crowd thought this was the appropriate time to all surge to the front row and attempt to desperately grab photos and videos of his set.
Now listen, I'm not adverse to a bit of pushing and shoving in a crowd, but this was madness. For those who don't know, GSS Warehouse is essentially one huge long concrete tunnel. So once these idiots were doing their best to re-enact Hillsbrough, the only way to escape was back through the same crowd that was pushing. My mate's gf left after inexplicably recieving a punch to the back of the head, and thought I'm a big fella myself and stood my ground with a few sneaky elbows back, I saw at least 3-4 girls being carried out via ambulance throughout the course of the night.

I can only assume the target audience was some post adolescents who had tried their first sniff of the grown-up's talcum powder and had thought that "dance music" was all about starting mosh-pits. Pricks.

LWE @ Tobacco Dock NYD is midday - 22:30, and Sven @ We Are WHSE is 8pm start til the next morning. I'd def do both. Massive FOMO on this one.

I know I'll be largin' it up on the other side of the world, but still. Superb line-ups.

The second, a night featuring the likes of Philip George, Danny Howard and Zeds Dead, seemed to be going swimmingly... until Oliver Heldens came on and 90% of the crowd thought this was the appropriate time to all surge to the front row and attempt to desperately grab photos and videos of his set.
Now listen, I'm not adverse to a bit of pushing and shoving in a crowd, but this was madness. For those who don't know, GSS Warehouse is essentially one huge long concrete tunnel. So once these idiots were doing their best to re-enact Hillsbrough, the only way to escape was back through the same crowd that was pushing. My mate's gf left after inexplicably recieving a punch to the back of the head, and thought I'm a big fella myself and stood my ground with a few sneaky elbows back, I saw at least 3-4 girls being carried out via ambulance throughout the course of the night.

I can only assume the target audience was some post adolescents who had tried their first sniff of the grown-up's talcum powder and had thought that "dance music" was all about starting mosh-pits. Pricks.

Sounds like hell on earth.

Sounds like hell on earth.

Didn't know the likes of Oliver Heldens would generate that kind of a response. Sorry to hear that, can be a problem when you're in a long and thin room. I've been in Fire a coupl dof times when it's got a bit hairy but at least there's escape routes on three sides.

Just to clarify, would that be Sasha on NYE then on to Tobacco Dock for NYD then Sven that night into the next morning? Now that's a way to ring in the new year!

Absolutely! :twisted: Last year managed Defected at MoS NYE, few hours kip in the car then Westfield for a freshen-up before hitting Docks! Stayed until the end, drove back to Kent and ended up at a house party until the early hours of 2nd Jan. It can be done!

Alas, I'm not in the country so this is purely speculation :lol:

Electric Minds for me NYD this year if I don't manage a last minute escape to the sun that is..
Line up is right up my alley!

John Talabot
Axel Boman
Move D
Jeremy Underground Paris
Marcus Worgull
Ame (live)
Dolan Bergin
Endian

Alternative to the capital, NYD here last year was brilliant.

InMotion_Eflyer_Freshers_Bottom_2.jpg

Jukely are offering free guestlist places for M.A.W NYD @ M.o.S for those who don't fancy forking out ££ . Nice touch

It'll be hard not to head to Art Of Dark with that line up!

That's if I don't head back to Bristol for Ame, Senor Richards & Joy O.

Last year managed Defected at MoS NYE, few hours kip in the car then Westfield for a freshen-up before hitting Docks! Stayed until the end, drove back to Kent and ended up at a house party until the early hours of 2nd Jan. It can be done!

How was Defected at MoS? We have tickets for this, think it'll be right up hubby's street...whereas i'll be saving some energy for NYD :)

How was Defected at MoS? We have tickets for this, think it'll be right up hubby's street...whereas i'll be saving some energy for NYD :)

I had a really good time just me & the missus. It was pretty much would you would expect from Defected night. Nothing ground breaking musically, just straight-up, vocal house and good vibes.

We got there about half 10 and the pre-sale queue was non-existent. We walked straight in. Reckon could've easily left it another half hour without much queueing.

thanks, after going to Defected at Amnesia in the summer I kinda have an idea of what to expect and think it'll be good for the 2 of us. We're going to attempt to see the midnight fireworks and then head down - expecting a bit of a queue though!

Back