London house prices

I just bought a place in Shoreditch that has doubled in value since the owner bought it 5 years ago!

in our prinvial northern world this is also the case as i found out. I bought a terrace for 130k a couple of months ago. It nearly fell through over a grand. Got the deeds through last week and found out they paid 40k 5 years ago! still love my house but....:cry:

Oh, that really is expensive. No wonder I had to pay £350+tax for a hotel last time I was visiting.

Congratulations to everyone that actually has (or can afford) an apartment though. Compared to where I live you all won the lotto.

One thing I find strange about Dublin is that it is very expensive downtown but you have all this countryside really close to the city. Does that mean it's also very much cheaper if you only live like 20 minutes from downtown?

So how much would for example a newer two bedroom apartment, say 70 square meters cost in Chelsea or Mayfair?

Between £900 & £1500 per square foot, dependant on where, and what quality it is, 7o sq m roughly 700 sq ft, wont get much in those areas under a million quid!!

On average over the last 35 years, the property market nationally has doubled every 7 years!! London, this time round will bring that avrage way down!! Industry press is suggesting that London has become the new Monaco, and the Candy Bros have just set a new record of achieving over £3000 per sq foot in Knightsbridge!!

Oh, that really is expensive. No wonder I had to pay £350+tax for a hotel last time I was visiting.

Congratulations to everyone that actually has (or can afford) an apartment though. Compared to where I live you all won the lotto.

One thing I find strange about Dublin is that it is very expensive downtown but you have all this countryside really close to the city. Does that mean it's also very much cheaper if you only live like 20 minutes from downtown?

Not now mate, at one time many years ago it was and the smart people bought these houses, and now they cost as much as any house in the city, rip off Ireland in full effect:eek:

Back