London house prices

and had to wee in a bucket on the odd day! :eek: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Perfectly acceptable behaviour :lol: When we first moved into our house we'd been living in a flat for years before so the stairs were a novelty..........til after clubbing and I'm too lazy to go upstairs, I asked Tom if we could have a potty for post-clubbing wees :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Perfectly acceptable behaviour :lol: When we first moved into our house we'd been living in a flat for years before so the stairs were a novelty..........til after clubbing and I'm too lazy to go upstairs, I asked Tom if we could have a potty for post-clubbing wees :lol:

Dirty cow. :lol:

i did a doubletake on this cos i thought sandi had written it, it all made sense when i realised it was you.

i thought that was his actual name for ages

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

wpantbuch2EX.jpg

House prices here even dearer than London it seems, cu*nts like Michael o Leary have no problem charging punters for baggage making him a very wealthy man :evil:

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Arial] O'Leary buys a €9.4m house on Raglan Road[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ADVERTISEMENT[/FONT] document.write('');
250x250_Airtricity_22.02.07.gif
national_news;pos=island;sz=250x250;tile=5;ord=1174478031167149938
Click here...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Michael O’Leary’s other home in Gigginstown, Co Westmeath[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Michael O'Leary and new pad[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]His new neighbour and old rival Denis O’Brien[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial]
RYANAIR boss Michael O'Leary has emerged as the €9.4m mystery purchaser of a 5,000 square foot, seven-bedroomed Victorian mansion on Raglan Road in Dublin 4.
Ironically, the move makes Mr O'Leary a neighbour of his arch-rival, billionaire Denis O'Brien who owns a house just a few doors down - although he does not currently live there.
Confirmation of the purchase came on a day when a decision by three airlines, including Ryanair, to hike baggage charges caused uproar.
Property sources confirmed to the Irish Independent yesterday that Mr O'Leary was the buyer of the house at the end of last year at auction. It is understood the purchase was made on his behalf.
A-list
He joins a number of other A-list neighbours, including developer Sean Dunne, financier Derek Quinlan and former AG and current AIB chairman Dermot Gleeson.
The purchase puts Mr O'Leary's stamp duty bill at €850,000 - he paid €2,000 per square foot for the semi-detached house which operated as a high-end guesthouse, Raglan Lodge, until recently.
A spokeswoman for Mr O'Leary said yesterday that she would not confirm or deny the purchase and that he has a long-standing policy of not commenting on private business.
The house was built around 1880 and contains extensive period features throughout. It also boasts off-street parking to the front and side for six cars as well as a 60ft mature south east facing rear garden with coach house which could be developed subject to planning permission.
It adds to his current property portfolio which includes his Westmeath estate, Gigginstown House, a number of commercial property investments in London and other Dublin assets.
Mr O'Leary and Mr O'Brien recently locked horns over Aer Lingus - which is the target of a hostile bid by the no-frills airline. At the end of last year telecoms and radio entrepreneur Mr O'Brien spent about €32m buying up a 2.1pc stake in Aer Lingus. At the time he said the decision was made to signal his opposition to the Ryanair bid and in the interest of competition.
Rivalry
However, the two businessmen also have a long history.
Both men served their business apprenticeships as personal assistants to billionaire businessman Tony Ryan when he was head of the aircraft leasing firm GPA. Mr Ryan went on to found Ryanair.
Dublin house prices have taken a beating since the end of last year. It is understood that uncertainty about stamp duty going forward will also affect sales.
Pre-election pledged from a number of parties including Fine Gael and the Progressive Democrats to reform stamp duty has made buyers hesitant about the market recently. The call from Tanaiste and Minister for Justice Michael McDowell for reform of stamp duty payable on house purchases has been cited as the main reason behind the market slump at the tail end of last year.
Ailish O'Hora
[/FONT]

try living in northern ireland, house prices have risen 60% in the last year with wages significantly lower than most of the uk.

House prices here even dearer than London it seems...
[FONT=Verdana, Arial][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]...The purchase puts Mr O'Leary's stamp duty bill at €850,000 - he paid €2,000 per square foot for the semi-detached house which operated as a high-end guesthouse, Raglan Lodge, until recently. [/FONT]

So how much would for example a newer two bedroom apartment, say 70 square meters cost in Chelsea or Mayfair?

So how much would for example a newer two bedroom apartment, say 70 square meters cost in Chelsea or Mayfair?

I would say £600K plus at the very bottom end for a nice flat in that area

Ive muchos research on the property market in London and Prime London i.e Chelsea etc rose by nearly 30% last year! Crazy

I just bought a place in Shoreditch that has doubled in value since the owner bought it 5 years ago!

And I think the Main factor pushing up prices in London for the forseable future is the complete lack of stock on the supply side and foreign demand, city bonuses on the demand side. People dont want to sell their places when they move because rents are good if they can hold on to them and foreign buyers dont have a property to sell when buying unlike domestic buyers.

Also a lot of it is to do with the lenders as well. They now lend at like 6x income salaries, whearas if they had stayed tight and continued to lend at the old 3-4x multiples then naturally the market would have been reigned in me thinks

Back