London Clubs to close

Thanks guys,
so is it true that they are closing!!! Yesterday I read it in the newspaper, the owner says that he will open a great venue in 2010 :rolleyes:
So... meanwhile... more clubs to go in London?

I duno it seems like decent underground music is spreading out of the few select few clubs into smaller venues like all the warehouse parties that are going on plus smaller venues that are open really late . The guys own fabric as well so they know how to make a massive club that doesnt have to resort to commercial music so maybe the new one could be good but by then im not sure what the licensing laws n stuff might be

My first clubbing times were in the New york/ New Jersey area tony humphry zanzabar or larry Lavin paradise garage). When money and tourist come into play it all changes. The entry,drinks,labor, and rent all go up along with the number of tourist. I would rather go to a club with crap decor and blazing music and crowd than a posh in spot. It's all about the house music always was always should be. :lol::lol:

Ohh ohh I'm trapped like a fool....

It certainly sounds like London nightlife is going the way of New York's. By the mid 90s, K and coke had moved in and all the vibrant, creative big-room clubs lost their atmosphere- the tourists/scenesters with money replaced the true music lovers, and what we are left with now (with the exception of a few small, excellent, music-centered venues) are 'posh' clubs whose purpose is to give everyone a pseudo-VIP experience - entry requires bottle service, but anyone that has the $ can enter, resulting in clubs filled with investment bankers (the only ones who can afford it):cry:.

From what i can tell they were issued an eviction notice very quickly and on the same day Network Rail were breaking there way in , cutting down the doors whilst people inside filmed it. theres a video on fb

From what i can tell they were issued an eviction notice very quickly and on the same day Network Rail were breaking there way in , cutting down the doors whilst people inside filmed it. theres a video on fb

Sounds dramatic will keep an eye out for the vid

Dear World,

It is with a huge amount of sadness that we announce Cable has closed with immediate effect.

We have been forced to close following two years of ongoing legal battles with Network Rail, who took possession of the venue this morning with an entry order, putting us out of business and leaving our 70 staff without jobs. This is due to them allegedly requiring the space back for the redevelopment of London Bridge station. It is an utterly devastating blow to what is a much loved, hugely successful, well respected music venue and media business.

This is not only a huge loss to the loyal fans and staff of Cable, but to London's clubbing community as a whole. With enormous pride, we delivered the very best talent in an environment that upheld the history of the early SE1 rave scene and supported as many musical styles as possible.

We are obviously devastated and still in shock by the news and know there will be questions. As you can appreciate, there is much work to be done and many arrangements to be made behind the scenes. A full press release will follow.

If you are presently a ticket holder for an event that was scheduled to take place at Cable, please do not worry - further information will follow in due course.

Our sincerest thanks,
The Cable Team x

love this.. very surreal though. Cant believe they didnt get much warning

I will reserve judgement on what actually went down behind the scenes. Very easy to slate Network Rail & leap to the defence of Cable. Always 2 sides to every story. The video does well at pulling at the heart strings of clubbers and is edited to make NR look like arseholes. No different to any other propaganda video in that respect.

Back