Lily Allen

cute, edgy, infectious melodies, the tabloids can't handle her, sold E in Ibiza at 15, passionate Londoner, likes The Clash, brutally honest, gorgeous.

what's not to like?

I like her opinions a lot of the time , and yes she is very beautiful.. I don't think she should glorify drugs the way she does (9 year old kids don't need to know the joys of useless drug coke) cool songs but her voice live is like nails down a blackboard :confused:

cute, edgy, infectious melodies, the tabloids can't handle her, sold E in Ibiza at 15, passionate Londoner, likes The Clash, brutally honest, gorgeous.

what's not to like?

Agree. I actually found her appealing, and attractive when she first started out, during her 'chavy druggy' stage :confused: Did anyone else :?:

I think she is a breathe of fresh air in that her lyrics are extremely clever - just like The Streets. Her latest release is her best song IMO. But as for liking her ...... the jury is still out. Not even sure if i could stand to see her in concert.

A- Shes not THAT hot. Infact shes quite ugly.. Her face looks like a Mr Potato Head thats been peeled and had make up put on it.

B- Her vocals are ridiculous and trashy. She's trying to portray herself as some sick bitch as if people care that her perfect guy is a 1 second wonder. .. Trust me, if I was ****ing someone that ugly I'd want to get it over as soon as possible as well.

C- Her musical, tunes, well, hey you thought Cotton Eye Joe was bad right? Why because it tried to rip off a cliche view of hick, hill billy culture? Lilly Allen tries to do the same thing with like, Fairy Tale cliches, or Nursery Ryhmes. But, it's annoying. .. REALLY annoying.

D- Her voice is like, a nagging whining tone.

When I was a kid and I heard 2pac on the radio, I thought he was cool cos he said 'the F word' even tho they silenced it. When I got my hands on un-edited tapes, I was like, 'shocked' in a cool way. I thought "wow this guys HARDCORE MAN!" but, it's been done.

She is trying **** for shock value, but, its not shocking.

Honestly, if she hit on me in a bar, I wouldn't recognise her as who she is and if she told me, I still wouldn't bang her purely because her attempt at trashyness is so over done its actually a turn OFF. Theres nothing more un attractive than a girl who trys too hard.
I'd still be polite tho. But yeah, in everything she is, she does absolutely nothing for me.

Pink- I find her physically unn-attractive, but I think SHE is making pop interesting again. SHE has talent.

What does it matter if you think she is ugly? Aretha Franklin is hardly a looker but she has got an amazing voice. The pop industry in general is too relient on looks and having a package they can market than talent these days imo.

Her lyrics are a honest take on life in the uk, in a similar way too the early Streets stuff

Well id rather listen to her album on repeat for the rest of my life than ever hear Cotton Eye joe again!

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVED LOVED LOVED her first album (and I cant stand chavs), it was so funny/maybe silly but catchy songs.

Not got her 2nd one yet but liked the songs she has had out so far, not heard her new one yet.

You have to remember she is only what......22?

I think she gets prettier and prettier as well..........and gets slagged off unfairly.

A- Shes not THAT hot. Infact shes quite ugly.. Her face looks like a Mr Potato Head thats been peeled and had make up put on it.

B- Her vocals are ridiculous and trashy. She's trying to portray herself as some sick bitch as if people care that her perfect guy is a 1 second wonder. .. Trust me, if I was ****ing someone that ugly I'd want to get it over as soon as possible as well.

C- Her musical, tunes, well, hey you thought Cotton Eye Joe was bad right? Why because it tried to rip off a cliche view of hick, hill billy culture? Lilly Allen tries to do the same thing with like, Fairy Tale cliches, or Nursery Ryhmes. But, it's annoying. .. REALLY annoying.

D- Her voice is like, a nagging whining tone.

When I was a kid and I heard 2pac on the radio, I thought he was cool cos he said 'the F word' even tho they silenced it. When I got my hands on un-edited tapes, I was like, 'shocked' in a cool way. I thought "wow this guys HARDCORE MAN!" but, it's been done.

She is trying **** for shock value, but, its not shocking.

Honestly, if she hit on me in a bar, I wouldn't recognise her as who she is and if she told me, I still wouldn't bang her purely because her attempt at trashyness is so over done its actually a turn OFF. Theres nothing more un attractive than a girl who trys too hard.
I'd still be polite tho. But yeah, in everything she is, she does absolutely nothing for me.

Pink- I find her physically unn-attractive, but I think SHE is making pop interesting again. SHE has talent.

I have to disagree with the Pink comment...........have you ever listened to the lyrics in her songs? I think she is trying too hard lately.............

I think if shes going to act like a trash whore skank then she sould be prepared for people to slag her off like one.

I'm sorry I just cant stand her. Just, everything about her annoys me.

I think if shes going to act like a trash whore skank then she sould be prepared for people to slag her off like one.

massive misogynistic vibes...

So what do you think of Lady Ga Ga? - i think she is trashy and her songs do not interest me at all.

Thats fine mate if you cant stand her then so be it. But she is less of a "trash whore skank" as you put it that most of the female pop stars out there. She isnt draped in a bikini across lads mags for a start

So what do you think of Lady Ga Ga? - i think she is trashy and her songs do not interest me at all.

+1

She is 1000x times more trashy and her songs are just standard euro pop. What get the attention is her dressed in weird fasion

I have to disagree with the Pink comment...........have you ever listened to the lyrics in her songs? I think she is trying too hard lately.............

I dont think she is. Like she did, "You and your hand tonite", and I think that was a bit risky, but I think it was like, borderline tasteful. But her latest stuff, is actually GOOD.

My girlfriend told me about this song I think called Fun House that I'd never heard, then today, on the radio, space of 15 minutes I heard it twice on 2 stations, and both times it got better and better. Same as that other one that has kinda like, a circus/polka dance/jigg thing going on. You know the one. "Winnnd me up and watch meee goooo its something something, good excuse" I like that one.
And 'Pleeeeeeeeeeeease don't leave meeeeee" thats just, quality. I think Pink ****s all over Lilly Allen, as does Katy Perry. And mind you, I can't stand this whole, kind of, not so much skater girl, not so much Avril Lavigne, but this whole, rock girl thing thats in now days. Veronicas and ****. But, you gotta give talent where its due.

Lilly Allen I think is the result of, tabloids. I think someone has said "well, skanyness sells now".. Which it does. .. Theres no denying it. I think people genuinely love skanks now, and I love skanks to just, I'm very fussy about my skanks. Anyways, I think they've tried to paint her as a skank, and too be honest I think its because I think theres MORE to her than that, that I don't like her. Its like I see her and think "she COULD be intelligent. She COULD be cool, but she trys to portray herself as this try hard bitch, and she just can't pass it off."

If you want to sell skankyness, you can't have like a, indepth skank. You need a proper, dumb as dog **** skank. Alla, Paris Hilton, and even her, I even think theres alot more to her than whats let on, but I'd rather buy a Paris Hilton song that a Lilly Allen one.

Do you have any idea what a skank is though?

It must mean something different in Oz as I wouldnt describe Lily as a skank.

+1

She is 1000x times more trashy and her songs are just standard euro pop. What get the attention is her dressed in weird fasion

Jinja: Lady Gaga is like, one night stand sex appeal. Get drunk enough and you'd do her but you would regret it (if she wasn't famous.) Her songs, for the most part suck dick, tho, this Papperazzi one, your exactly right, its reminds me ALOT of something from Eurovision, but, I kinda like it.

She has some, semi decent remixes of her **** going round, but I wouldnt say she has anything remarkable.

I do prefer her to Lilly Allen tho. But, Katy Perry and Pink, I actually ENJOY. .. Like, it's not that their music is bareable, I actually enjoy it.

Back