Lent

Ikoda

So what did you lovely people give up for lent?

I gave up drinking alcohol, chocolate, biscuits... and I think that's it.

Lent :eek: b*gger me, i dont think i have heard that word since primary school, thus not remember wtf it means :lol:

Yes i am blonde :D

I am not religious and therefore do not observe Lent.

However, last night I did give up the will to live after watching five minutes of The Only Way is Essex.

Buckley loves all that Lent/ Catholic stuff though.

I think he gave up well-timed tackles this weekend.

:lol:

Haha, I'm not religious anymore, but it's something I still do every year.

Tell you what, I don't half feel healthy now without booze. :)
And can see money in my wallet when I get home

Haha, I'm not religious anymore, but it's something I still do every year.

Tell you what, I don't half feel healthy now without booze. :)
And can see money in my wallet when I get home

How long are you planning to keep it up for mate? Surely you must be getting tempted for a few beers when you see the sunshining like the past weekend??

I've been sober since January 1st.
And it's all so very tempting. But I will carry on until Judgement Sunday, easter weekend in Leeds. That way, I have nearly £30 a week saved for Ibiza. ;)

And it's all so very tempting. But I will carry on until Judgement Sunday, easter weekend in Leeds. That way, I have nearly £30 a week saved for Ibiza. ;)

Good way of looking at it. I've tried as hard as possible to knock booze on the head due to marathon training. Only have a few odd sociable one's here and there.

I've really noticed the amount of cash i've saved. Makes you realise how much I've pissed away over the years.

I did the silly mistake of not drinking for 6 weeks, the next time i came to drink was the works xmas do - in a nut shell...'I was a mess, dont remember the last third of the night and my next day was unbareable' :eek:

Going that long without alcohol and then having a skinful was not my wisest of moves :rolleyes: so just be careful

I've really noticed the amount of cash i've saved. Makes you realise how much I've pissed away over the years.

Amen to that, these days i cant justify the money to feel like trash the next day, more of a satisfying feeling knowing ive saved a nice chunk of money to put towards a holiday or generally just treat myself - yup i am getting old :lol:

Haha, I don't tend to get completly trashed any more. I don't enjoy being that drunk anyway, neither do I enjoy the throwing up feeling. Saying that, I've not got that drunk since last June.

Been going since ash Wednesday without any of them. ;)

I gave up softmints for lent seven years ago. I still haven't had a pack of them, 7 years later ;)

I dunno, I'm not going for Judge Jules. Marco V on the other hand, is rather enjoyable. :)

I am not religious and therefore do not observe Lent.

However, last night I did give up the will to live after watching five minutes of The Only Way is Essex.

Buckley loves all that Lent/ Catholic stuff though.

I think he gave up well-timed tackles this weekend.

Oh, it was well-timed, entirely so, I think that was the ref's problem with it!:lol:

I gave up fairy stories for Lent when I was 11, never believed in them since!

Mr & Mrs WLS 'agreed' to give up drinking for lent.

She was in Miami last week so needless to say, I was a regular in the Waitrose wine section.

Only ever shopped in waitrose once. Was nice to experience where people with money shop.
Opposite the Waitrose was a netto. Cheapest and skankist supermarket brand in the UK.

so hang on, this little one needs an educational lesson....so lent is a 40 day stint thing ?! and begins when ?!

The Wednesday after pancake day, and lasts until easter Sunday.

It's meant to symbolize the 40 days and 40 nights that Jesus (a man who may or may not exist) spent fasting in a desert. at least, that's how it was sold to me when I was younger

so hang on, this little one needs an educational lesson....so lent is a 40 day stint thing ?! and begins when ?!

oh dear, well it began last wednesday (or the wdnesday before??) and ends easter sunday......

if you missed the start date but still want to join in the fun you could always start now and end at a Judgement Sunday, marvelous idea in my opinion!

Back