Learning Spanish

heading out to ibiza for next season and i want to learn a good bit of spanish before i get there. courtesy n that.

does anyone have any advice on good & cheap ways to learn? good books, cd's etc?

cheers :)

hi
ive been learning for 2 months now with michel thomas cd's
they can be downloaded off the net but i dont know how to do it
there are roughly 12 lessons on each cd
im onto cd3 now and thoroughly enjoying it :)
good luck :D

The Rosetta Stone set is not to bad to use on a pc, of course I have a fully paid for copy but one of my friends did mention that he had seen it as a download on Bitcomet,
Have a good one
Tim

i signed up for a spanish class i was tryin to get through the individual learning account thing. wouldve qualified for £200 fee at the time, but the college forgot to register the course with it. so, having talked myself into doin it, i decided to just do it anyway. class was full of nice enough people, but it bored me to tears being in their company. it was the one-2-one stuff that killed me. the people i had to do it with were just awful. id cringe going in. i lasted about 8 or 9 classes before i stopped going, never intended to stop going, just didnt show one night, then the next etc.

ended up nearly getting taken to court for the unpaid fee too.

i reckon id get on better if i were to pick up a book having done those classes though. keep meaning to get on with it.

Signing up for another blast at the evening classes!

Just hope the funding works out this time.

Signing up for another blast at the evening classes!

the language is a piece of piss to learn

15171_plantilla_drogas_NO_122_22lo.jpg

Throwing random words at people seems to get you a foot in the door for a bit of chat whilst abroad. I'm still planning on doing the CELTA thing too in a couple of years time and I figured I could use up this funding I'm entitled to whist learning Spanish and observing the teaching process at the same time.

And it'll get me out the flat for a few hours a week.

Aye I am Russ. I've just started it up again. I am now where I was before Manchester in November. I pretty much did no more after that weekend away. I'm about 25% through Level 1 disc (theres 3 levels). Its basically just baby speak at the minute, but I'm going through it methodically. Doing an hour or so a night.

The Notes In Spanish stuff is a bit different. Its designed more to give you additional learning, more like how real people speak, as opposed to the more textbook like nature of Rosetta Stone. I've been listening to the podcasts for a few months now, but I feel like I'm missing out by not being able to read the transcripts of the podcasts.

Once I'm confident enough I'll give that intercambio idea a bash too.

Aye I am Russ. I've just started it up again. I am now where I was before Manchester in November. I pretty much did no more after that weekend away. I'm about 25% through Level 1 disc (theres 3 levels). Its basically just baby speak at the minute, but I'm going through it methodically. Doing an hour or so a night.

you reckon Rosetta Stone is worth the money?

Def need to get some spanish learnt. it's a bit overdue really.

In fact, I believe my mate had such a copy for Mac. I'll find out where he got it from. Alternatively, if you have access to a PC i could just give you a copy of the one I'm using?

The Notes In Spanish stuff is a bit different. Its designed more to give you additional learning, more like how real people speak, as opposed to the more textbook like nature of Rosetta Stone. I've been listening to the podcasts for a few months now, but I feel like I'm missing out by not being able to read the transcripts of the podcasts.

Once I'm confident enough I'll give that intercambio idea a bash too.

I'm guessing you weren't studying hard on Saturday afternoon :lol:

I bought the original Latin American Spanish course Rosetta Stone. Fool I hear you cry, and as well you might wideawakers because unless I want to comment on any of the following scenarios, it is of no use..

The boy eats the egg

The horse is not swimming

The men are cooking (haha you have to see the picture for this one!!)

and so on...I'll persevere though, maybe it will all come together when I reach level 3.

Hasta Luego Mi Amigo's!!!!!!! (wow, must be working)

Back