Labour Meltdown!

Ulster83

How long can brown last now that James Purnell has jumped ship?

This is better than any soap or show!

How long can brown last now that James Purnell has jumped ship?

This is better than any soap or show!

not long now. gone fro clinging with his fingernails, to clinging with the dirt on his fingernails.

Brown will cling and cling and cling as being PM is all he wanted to be. The vibe ive alwys got from the man is he has to be PM at all costs.

bet he wishes he called a snap election when he should have done.

the only downside to him being shafted is Nu Labour will stand a better chance of getting back in.

As one of my art teachers once said, "You can polish a turd, but its still a turd"

I think you are right that a new leader will make the Tories job a lot harder (as did Purnell).

The Government seem to be living in a bubble trying to hold on to this. My pet hate is the way the loyal Labour MP's talk Brown up as if he is some intellectual Adonis and the only man who can save the UK. The whole 'Brown' issue won't go away until a general election is held.

just watching newsnight, and loving the labour man, saying that if labour do ****, its cos the public are mad about the expenses **** and this affects all the parties... spin spin spin spin spin...

I saw that on Newsnight.

They seem to have missed the opinion polls over the last year or so that show them 10+ behind the Conservatives.

Fair doos though... Purnell has some balls to put his career on the line like this. Plus he looks like a cheeky chappy! :)

the tories will win the next election by default - people are so peeved with the govt, they would vote a bunch of monkeys in if the option was there

there is no enthusiasm for Cameron or the slimy Osborne, just total despair with the current incumbents.

what's happening now is like the last days of the Callaghan or Major administrations.

Total meltdown

the only MP I have any time for is Vince Cable but he's in the Lib Dems, which is such a waste..

in 97 Blair won for 2 reasons - 1. the tories had lost the plot 2. Blair convinced suburbia he was one of them

I think Blair was brilliant in managing to obscure the post-clause 4 identity crisis in Labour for so long with his unique brand of 'personality' politics - but now he's gone, the party's split into factions, drifted, fuked up on various levels and alienated the marginals, so the opposition would have to collapse in spectacular fashion, the economy would have to recover bigtime, and the tory top command exposed as serial nonces for the opinion polls to change now...

2. Blair convinced suburbia he was one of them

via spin, manipulation and hollow promises.
he's a lucky bastard in some respects, got out before he was pushed and left Gordo to sort out his mess.

thank **** he's gone. ;)

via spin, manipulation and hollow promises.
he's a lucky bastard in some respects, got out before he was pushed and left Gordo to sort out his mess.

thank **** he's gone. ;)

I actually agree with you on all that

just think it's a shame the electorate seem to think Britain needs another smarmy salesman type in charge :confused:

just think it's a shame the electorate seem to think Britain needs another smarmy salesman type in charge :confused:

thats the bummer of democracy tho, the whole needing to get voted in thing. its only going to get worse, fern britton for PM i say, thats a brand that talks to me.

ah but like all salesmen, he needs to deliver his promises and people are willing to give him a chance to with a bit of luck.

He will be judged like all the PM's before him. ;)

The Lord Sugar thing is such a slap in the teeth for all voters with a shred of intelligence!

Spin - Gimmicks - B*llocks! :spank:

I'm gutted my beloved labour party have come to this. They've fallen to bits.

I can't belive the only real alternatives are the Tories.

Cameron and the Tories will always be the the party ran by the privileged for the privileged.

****ing gloating Bullingdon Club country house owning mother****ers.

If you're less than upper middle class you're a ****ing commodity to them.

Just remember the recent leaked Tory think tank report that stated that all Northern cities should be closed and the workers moved south.

Who wrote the report? One of Cameron's school buddies for ****s sake.

I shudder to think what will happen when they get it.

Back