June vs. September

I

Islands

Hello all.

I would like to get some opinions about visiting Ibiza in (late) June vs. (early) September. Our main concern is getting good beach weather whilst avoiding the major crowds and high temperatures of July/August. From the available weather reporting it appears there was a fair amount of rain and clouds this September. Is that typical?

Would anyone be kind enough to compare and contrast those times of year for us. Thanks for the help!

i went around june time and had lovely weather - although it did rain once but once that was out the way - it was sunshine all the way!! :lol:

Last year in september, sunny nearly every day for two weeks, no rain.

This year, rain nearly all the first week and only about 4 properly sunny days in two weeks.

Not much help really eh!

I think if you're going mainly for the weather, June will be better for you than September. It's much more unlikely to rain in late June than in early September. Plus you will enjoy more daytime hours in June.

If you'd like to go clubbing too, I think September is very much the best month. It's very likely to have storms, but not those heavy and persistent rains that happened this year on early Sept., that was not a usual thing.

i was there in end of June and it was bloody hot!! definitely proper beach weather. as far as crowds i didnt think it was that crowded. busy yes but definitely not over-crowded.

8) .....i did both !.........have to say i prefered late June better.....more beach time......but get air con in your room !..

Yeah, i did both and i preferJune for the weather but September for the clubs and atmosphere.

i don't think you can make a decision on the weather based on this summer when june july and august broke all records for being hot, and september has been unusually wet and dull in comparison to the norm.

august 2002 was the coldest, wettest for many years.......
august 2003 was the hottest month ever!

I went first week in June this year and the weather was hot. Some of the clubs weren't open yet and it was still relatively quiet. Still had a good time. Then I went out for the first week of Sept this year. Weather was blazin', all the scallies had gone, clubs and bars were still busy but not over packed. I definately recommend going in September.

stephen said:
august 2002 was the coldest, wettest for many years.......
august 2003 was the hottest month ever!

yeah 2002 - think we got 5 sunny days out of 14 - totally unexpected!!

2003 made up for it tho altho i didn't really see much sun!!!

To save yourself from dealing with the dilema simply do one week in the opening parties in June, and another one in the closing parties in September.

Swell? ;)

Islands:

While I have not been to Ibiza in September, judging from the fact that most of Europe is in vacation mode from late July till late September; thereby increasing the tourist population, I would go in June. In addition, the cover charges and the lodging charges are also significantly higher. If you are coming from the US the plane fares are also about 20% - 30% higher. Finally, you can catch the opening parties in June. Hence, my advise will be to go in June. Now if you are from Europe, try June one year and September the next year (or the same year). Flight costs are peanuts compared to what you have to fork out if you are coming from the US, so why not take full advantage of it.

Hope that helps,

LagunaBeachCA

I went in Sept and found it too cold imo. I like it really hot, so when I go I wanna make sure I can hit the beach and get a nice tan......one of the main reasons for not chosing sept over any other summermonth...well that and the fact that San An was a ghost town - and I want the sunset strip to be filled with people and life. this is naturally just my opinion as I know there will be people here who will tell you otherwise. basically its about what is most important for YOU!

Ibiza-girlie said:
I went in Sept and found it too cold imo. I like it really hot, so when I go I wanna make sure I can hit the beach and get a nice tan......one of the main reasons for not chosing sept over any other summermonth...well that and the fact that San An was a ghost town - and I want the sunset strip to be filled with people and life. this is naturally just my opinion as I know there will be people here who will tell you otherwise. basically its about what is most important for YOU!

i-g just a thought if you like it REALLY hot, you might want to go in august again.

june is very much like september sometimes

Ibiza-girlie said:
well that and the fact that San An was a ghost town - and I want the sunset strip to be filled with people and life. this is naturally just my opinion as I know there will be people here who will tell you otherwise. basically its about what is most important for YOU!

I thought you were thinking of going in June next year year, June is definitely quieter than September.

Back