June 16th- 25th, First Timer in Ibiza Trip w/ pics

Monday, June 22nd

Well it my last entry about my trip covered some of this day already but I don't really feel like it's the next day until I've slept aka drunken pass out.

I slept maybe until 4:30 PM or so when a ringing sorta woke me up. I didn't know what it was until I realized it was coming from the hotel phone! Someone was calling me, and they must have called before cuz I vaguely remembered a ringing earlier in my sleep that I was trying to ignore. I picked up the phone. It was the hotel lobby guy from earlier. He told me that he's been trying to contact me for some time now. So apparently he called Pacha and they said their office is open until 5:30 today and that's the time I have until to check their lost and found items. I asked him if they could just check for me and tell him over the phone. He said that
the girl he called there wasn't at the office and didn't know the contents of their lost and found.

Rather than bug this guy again and ask him to call them again to ask, I rushed down to the lobby and asked him to get a cab for me. It was around 5 PM now and the clock was ticking. I ran outside to find a cab cuz I couldn't wait. I found one and flagged it down and told him to go to Pacha. He was wondering if I already called one from inside the lobby. I told him I did but that I couldnt't really wait for it. He eventually left and started driving to Pacha.

I didn't know where the office was. I have to also say, this place looks so much different in the daytime too. Someone there took me to the office. It was like literally 5:25. She wasnt sure if the place would be even open. It was somewhere on the second floor somewhere, outside the club.

I walked in this place and there was some cute girl sitting there with braces. I asked the magic question: Did you find a passport here last night?? She pulled out a big brown envelope and looked inside she asked me if I was Canadian. I said yes intensely...this passport had to belong to me! I was probably the only Canadian on the
island at the time as I met no other ones on my trip! She pulled it out and gave it to me and I looked inside and voila...i see my picture inside! I was so RELIEVED. Asides from the passport being a bit sticky, there was no damage to it. I was giving the girl 20 Euros cuz I was so happy but she was rejecting it. I told her that I could go to DC-10 now and she laughed and kinda rolled her eyes at the ceiling LOL.

I left the place, flagged a cab outside Pacha to take my back to San Antonio. The driver was like a model almost, something I'd never see anywhere else around the world. She was really hot actually. She was listening to my story but seemed a bit bored TBH LOL. I got back to my hotel and I'm unsure of what I ate or exactly did before leaving for DC-10. I know had tix for it already...i bought them off a seller in the West End. I preloaded a bottle with some more alcohol and took a cab there, but this time I didn't nearly get as drunk. I was still reeling
from the night before in some ways.

There was small queue outside DC-10, nothing crazy. It was like around 9:30 at this point. It was busy all around, but not like overly packed or anything. All reports of DC-10 being busy but bearable in June were spot on. I entered the Terrace to see Dyed Soundorom playing and I moved up to the front. This terrace had like no lighting at all I think but no matter it was cool being at DC-10. I took a picture of him with my disposable and some raver told me "hey no flash man". I suppose he's right, I forgot that it could be extremely distracting to the DJ.

I would go outside to the courtyard to smoke at times and move back in. I met a guy out there who was going to Cocoon afterwards just like me and wanted to meet up at 2:30 to split the cab. I had no phone so I told him I'd meet him at this same spot or something. I pretty much knew this wasnt gonna happen TBH. We sat down on the floor, talking. There were security guards roaming the place left and right, so I wasn't sure if i could run my joint. I think I could have gotten away with it in the crowd standing up closer to the terrace and main room exit but I lost this joint I had somehow when I had it in my cig pack. Like I had pulled it out and put
it back in, or so I thought.

After Dyed, it was Dixon and then Tale of Us. Dixon played harder than I thought he would. I'm used to just hearing his slow stuff, but eah I guess had to play harder. I enjoyed it and as well as Tale of Us after, who I don't get the hype for. I saw them a couple of years ago and thought they were okay, but they were much better at DC-10. I can't really remember any specific tracks, but I thought it was solid all around from both these guys. I didn't check out the main room until much later and I was even more impressed. There's like no lighting effects in the terrace but the main room has a bunch of them and was bigger too.

It was like around 2:30 or so and I pretty much forgot about the guy before and took a cab too Amensia for Cocoon. It was there where I met up a Spanish guy outside who was also alone and after talking for a bit, he shared some of his "supplies" with me for free, which was cool. I noticed that ppl are friendly and give out stuff in Ibiza and I would take this principle and pay if forward the next day actually. We met up with some other ppl too outside who were predrinking vodka mixed some cirtrus-y juice. They were Spanish as well and shared it with us and he gave some of his supplies to them too. We eventually headed in and I think it was past 3
Am at this point.

Most of the action was going in the Terrace. The vibe was really good...Amnesia is my fav club on the island, and is breathtaking, when it's fully going. I saw some of Sven Vath and thought he was playing well. I liked him mimicing the sounds in one song by moving his fingers up and down like he's playing on a keyboard as he had a big smile on his face. This night had Nina Kraviz playing after him and the terrace had Ricardo Villalobos, Zip, and Sonja Moonear. I was basically there for Ricardo as I've never seen him live before and I'm bigger fans of his than anyone else there that night. He started at 4:30 AM and even more ppl were on the terrace at this point. Nina was in the main room but the room was like half full really. Ricardo played well, this was before the whole Cocoon in the Park incident. He wasn't acting like that too much but he is still a little spacey lol. I think I went to the back for a bit and saw the the visual effects guy doing his thing by displaying varying animations and visuals up above against some circular things with this laptop. I told him it was cool and then the security after a while when some other people came to join me a bit told us to get lost lol. I like looking at the behind the scenes stuff, what can I say.

There was a curious character in the DJ booth, this lady with with a white headscarf. She's there for like all these events. I wonder who she is. She seems like she has some work done on her face though.

Around 6:30, Ricardo went b2B2B with Zip and Sonja and kept the music going. Nina Kraviz and Dyed Soundorom as a surpise joined them all in the booth. I was DJ whoring it up I guess and came up close. I've never seen so many DJs altogether in one booth, but it was only Ricardo, Zip, Sonja who were working the decks. Truthfully, it was mostly Zip and Sonja. My disposable camera malfunctioned before coming to Cocoon, so I couldn't get any pics of Cocoon. I think when I dance, the constant hitting of my thigh against the camera screwed it up. But I helped out other clubbers taking their pics with the DJs. The one couple asked me to take a pic of them with Nina Kraviz, they were on either side of her. I ended up just getting the pic with the guy and Nina and the girl was pissed while the guy was laughing LOL. some other interesting things, Ricardo hugging Nina Kraviz like she's a little kid lol.

The music ended at 7:30 AM and outside I talked to Dyed a bit, told him I liked his set from DC-10. I went around to the taxi queue area again and I saw him again. I asked him what he was doing with us minions and I thought his helicopter or limo would be waiting for him. He laughed and I got to know a bit about him. He said he had rented out an apartment in Ibiza but that he travels between Ibiza and Berlin basically. He told me "never leave the island". No kidding. I nervously than asked him if he could take a selfie with me and send it to me since I had no phone. He had no problem with it and asked me to send it by email. I was like "ooh Apollonia's phone" and he's like "come on, man" lol. It was a nice moment.

I actually wanted to take the bus home. But I was confused as to where it was and I ended up just taking the cab back to my hotel after that.
DC10.jpg DC10_0006.jpg DC10_0008.jpg DC10_0012.jpg

that was not bad.. and really only half a full room for nina kraviz ??? And also - you must have spent so much money on cab rides. Part of the ibiza experience is taking the disco-bus because that is what everyone else takes after for the most part. But of course it depends on the urgency of the moment and individual's schedule. I only took cab rides and shared ones from bossa to dc 10 and once from bossa to ibiza town. :)

that was not bad.. and really only half a full room for nina kraviz ??? And also - you must have spent so much money on cab rides. Part of the ibiza experience is taking the disco-bus because that is what everyone else takes after for the most part. But of course it depends on the urgency of the moment and individual's schedule. I only took cab rides and shared ones from bossa to dc 10 and once from bossa to ibiza town. :)

I must have spent over a 100 Euros on cab rides regarding my passport. Pacha- Police station back to hotel, then hotel to pacha and then back again. But otherwise I tried taking the discobus when i could. It's just that I would be predrinking and having a good time that I would just get lazy and forget the bus. I didn't know where the bus to San An was outside Amnesia. It turns out it's across the street and bit down arrgh.

And yeah, when Nina was playing it wasn't that busy. I honestly wanted to check her out too, but I was mostly in the terrace for Ricardo cuz I'm a bigger fan of his. He has this elusive quality to him and barely even comes to Toronto. I guess neither does Nina Kraviz but again, i'm a bigger fan of Ricardo's.

dude! - man, i am a huge fan of nina kraviz! I love her and like her. Beuty and talent!!
wow!

that is why i am surprised. she only came here to that club footwork. ( a big whatever to the name)
*cough* *clears throat*

no hating but that club was just a hole in the ground. Once again, montreal is the best at pulling in the top tallent. I want to repeat i am not hating but i am very surprised that she did not command that much attention. I have almost all of her productions and i follow her facebook account since long time. :) :) She is blessed with beauty and on a good night a talented dj. Apparently she was a dentist back in Russia too.
Anyways your review is very very entertaining . You had a lot of things happened to you .

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly f- Footwork....that place would keep unnecessary lineups outside their venue for every event with an international headliner. I'll never forget waiting to get in for Lee Foss, that lineup was for like 2 hours and still i couldn't get in. They blamed it due to capacity but even when ppl were leaving they still wouldn't let ppl in. The people behind Footwork still run the same movements at Coda, but I've also heard reports from others they don't. Like not even clubs in Ibiza run these movements, but I guess they have a larger capacity to fill. I think Toronto still gets better talent than Montreal, but Montreal now has the bigger clubs with Circus and Stereo and the vibe is definitely better.

About Nina Kraviz, yeah she's cute and all and talented but when I checked out the main room a couple of times that night, it was seriously only half filled. I guess Ricardo is more synonymous with Cocoon and got the ppl to come over to see him on the terrace. I was seroiusly in awe looking at all the DJs afterwards in the terrace booth after...it was like all those Cocoon videos I saw on youtube beforehand happening in front of my face.

I almost forgot this one other funny incident after Cocoon was over. This girl comes over to me and asks if there's an afterparty going on after Cocoon. She seriously looked all cracked out and looked like she was gonna be in tears when she added "we have money! People know about an afterparty but no one wants to say anything!" LOLOL. I really didnt know about an afterparty, but turns out there was one with Sonja Moonear and someone else but I don't know if i'd even make that, after both DC-10 AND Cocoon. I suppose she was right, cuz no one was explicitly mentioning that party. People talked about going to Bora Bora and how that opens at 10 AM and the party gets started. I don't think I woulda been able to survive that!

that is funny. but there is a dj that i follow for some night in ibiza in facebook and he posts pictures of afterparties that he gets invited to. i cant remember where they are..cova santa? or some sort of cova... place.

and yes footwork was crack. nina kraviz played there... horrible space... security was ok.. crowd was just ok.
i saw marcel dettman there he was really good!
i dont miss the place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tuesday June 23rd

I honestly can't remmber what I did during the evening time or daytime. I must have slept TBH. I think I was trying to get up several times, but just couldn't get out of my bed. I had a ticket prebought for Tribal Sessions @ Sankey's, and I was most looking forward to seeing Dusky and was curious about Andhim as well. I held off doing a Formentera daytrip for this week but it was slowly becoming apparent that this wasn't gonna happen at all. The boat from san An leaves at 9 AM daily for it from the bay and that's about the time I'm coming back home each day it seems!

I took the usual San Antonio discobus to outside of Ushuaia where I began the walk to Sankey's. This walk last week was filled with interesting situations to say the least and this week was no different. I met a guy from England who would keep using the word massive for everything outside one of the bars. He was really impressed that I came alone for 10 days to Ibiza and proceeded to show me a video of him doing a girl doggystyle on his iPhone. I questioned if it was him to troll him, and he's like "well who else's hand is that gonna be", pointing to the hand in the video grabbing the girl. He was with a few other people including some brown girls. He told me he just picks up at the bars in PDB and doesn't really deal with the clubs. This pretty much mirrors what the animacion guy said on Sunday. some of the girls were actually eying me in a good way, maybe because I'm brown myself but I have a North American accent...who knows. He took down my Facebook info and I was off again. In some ways I wanted to chill, but I did wanna get going to Sankey's as I think it might have been approaching 2 AM at this point and I really didn't wanna miss Dusky

I walked along again, seeing a huge crab in some fish tank at some seafood resto. I told a couple strolling by that it was gonna be dinner soon. I don't know if they understood what I said but they smiled and I think got the jist of it.

I walked further along, and behold...the African prostitue found me again. I told her I'm going to Sankey's. She's like "you're always going to Sankey's". walking further along I ran into a Romanian ticket seller who was talking about Ibiza and asking about me too. He said he knew David Vincent from Sankey's and that he's a good guy, which I found hard to believe from all the reports I've read about him. He pointed out a girl walking across the street and then said she was a transsexual and said that she's always around this area at night. We chit chatted a bit more, 'guy stuff' lol and then I went along my way.

I was really close to Sankey's at this point when someone else started talking to me. It was a promotor for one of the bars across the street and to the right of Sankey's. He sold me on a drink special, I think it was like two long drinks and 1 or 2 shots for 10 Euros. It was close to 3 AM at this point and wanted to get inside but I decided to go with this deal as it was good. So while sipping on my drinks, the guy comes back and after much hesitation I decided to get some 'supplies' off him. It was a large amount but I figured what the hell since I was nearing the end of my trip.

At Sankey's there was zero queue and outside the club you wouldn't even think anything was going on. I had my ticket and the lady asked for ID. It was one of the few times I've been asked for ID, the other time at Space on Sunday. The photocopy of my passport was sufficient enough. I walked inside and pretty much only the basement was open and Andhim was on. They were playing decently but unfortunately only scheduled from 3 - 4 AM, which I thought was crazy. I took a pic with a friendly girl via selfie and she was amused by the disposable camera. "Let's see how the pics developed" she said.

Someone recognized me and started talking to me. He was dressed in tribal wear and was pretty jokes.I honestly couldn't remember him, but this is when I started feeling like I was getting integrated into this Ibiza nightlife. He was with a bunch of ppl wearing tribal stuff which I thought was cool. I guess it is a bit racist? It's a touchy subject, since Guetta got so much slack over his opening night at Pacha which featured tribal stuff too. But I feel ppl got mostly upset cuz it was Guetta and also because the decorations and dancers were all those type of outfits too, so it was more strongly in that theme.Anyways, I borrowed a pen from the bar and he wrote down his email addy. I took some pics with him and of his friends and he wanted me to send them to him. I still need to actually and will get around to it eventually. He probably thinks I forgot or lost his email addy lol but I still have it.

Anyway, I felt the supplies kicking in somewhere in the middle of Andhim's set and felt excited. It was an alright set...I remember dancing with some girls too which was fun for a bit. I was getting amped up for Dusky really as I'm big fans of them.

They came on right at 4 AM and I have to say this was one of the best sets musically. It's mostly filled with their productions so they can't go wrong really as their stuff is fire. They played a lot of their new stuff and I discovered what tracks they were later. I really did enjoy this set...I hadn't seen them for a 1.5 years. The tracks I ID'd were:

&ME- Woods
Dusky- Yoo Hoo (which I kept yelling at them to play, and they did!)
Dusky- Squeezer and finally

Dusky- Skin Deep which is one of the best songs I've heard this year.

I mostly stayed up front I think or near there. I was having a good time but remember grabbing a bottle of water to hydrate. I was getting a bit paranoid. But the tracks I heard will be forever associated with Ibiza and I was so happy to discover what they were last month. Every track except for Yoo Hoo was unreleased at the time.

Boddika come on afterwards at 5:30 and was supposed to play until 6:30 but I think it got shut down a bit early as the crowd sorta thinned after Dusky. He was alright I suppose. I don't have much to say about his set.

After they shut down the place, it was almost fully sunny outside I think. Whatever crowd was left was still buzzing and were looking for something to do. The usual hookers came by and asked if we were interested. I said I couldn't get it up and they said they'd help me with it LOL.Anyway, I met someone from San Antonio outside the club who was going back there and decided to split a cab with him. We evenually did after chilling with the crowd outside the club.

In San Antonio, we sat on the sand in the bay and there were a few other young ppl still hanging around there. We blazed a spliff of mine and just chilled. 2 other guys came by and gave us some of their water as well. I was sorta feeling like I wanted to party but I was also feeling the onset of sleep too. so was he and we both went our seperate ways back to the hotel.

11411794_10153081263236325_6258692568350304376_o.jpg 11728973_10153081262196325_5805284286627883940_o.jpg 11754664_10153081262176325_4837350488237045389_o.jpg 11794564_10153081262891325_4390478255713901097_o.jpg 11807269_10153081262556325_6836067924671077245_o.jpg

Last edited:
Wednesday, June 24th

Okay I'm getting around slowly but surely to write this review. We're on the last couple of days now. I think this was another day filled with just a day and early evening of sleeping. I tried to get up a couple of times but I just was so exhausted that I fell asleep again and again. I wanted to make it for my last Cafe Del Mar sunset but I just couldn't TBH.

I did want to go out and eat out a restaurent, my last proper dinner I suppose. I seeked out David's Restaurant cuz I heard a lot of rave reviews for it. I ordered a cancun pizza with a beer. I remember it being okay...the portion was good but taste was off, I didn't like the spices used in it. I'm pretty sure if I got another type of pizza it woulda been better. After the bill was paid I got a fruity shot of booze for free which was nice of them.

I went back to my hotel. Time to prepare for my final night at Hyte. I was most excited about seeing Maceo Plex and Marcel Dettmann. Pan-Pot, Herik Schwarz, and Liebing were bonuses for me. I took the usual San Antonio Discobus there. On the way there were a group of young cool kids that were doing their last night in Ibiza at Privledge for the paint party on the bus and wanted some of my supplies but they asked last second and I couldn't do it, no time for money exchange etc. I should have just given it to them in hindsight...like some of it for free. I had too much left over TBH

Anyways bus drops me outside Hyte. I remember yelling out "All hope lies with Hyte!" outside Amnesia since it was my last event there. I went inside and I basically stayed inside the main room for the most part due to Dettmann. I did check out the terrace for a bit of Pan-Pot who I've heard so much about but I wasn't feeling it. Marcel on the other hand was playing a lot better in the main room. It was that Berlin fast styled techno and it was really good.

I knew I had been in Ibiza for too long because the security recognized me and gave me a nod and also I had requests from ppl asking if I had drugs LOL. Also...DAVID from David's Restaurant was there too LOL. He was the guy that gave me the extra shot after my bill was paid for and I knew it was him cuz I asked him or maybe he didn't understand my question that well? His English was okay but not the greatest.

Some other funny moments at this place. I was situated up front near the booth and I remember one security guy giving this other dude a threatening look for some reason and this guy just looked at him back with his shades on LOL.

In terms of crowd reports, both rooms were nicely busy....Maceo came on at 5 AM and it was a big change from the style that Dettmann was playing. Rather jarring but I got accustomed to it fast, I did want to hear his style of techno as well. It was a really good set...I think I got a bit annoying near the end when he finished off with Conjure Balearia and Sordid Affair cuz I held me lighter up like it was a concert. He also played Solar Detroit as well which was unreleased at the time and that was a great moment. The best was with Sordid Affair...I knew he'd finish off with that track, and he did and it was great hearing this masterpiece of a remix out loud.

On the bus back, I met a couple of guys who actually lived on the Island year round. They were heading back to San Antonio cuz apparently there was an after party going on at Dharma or something. I was completely beat and wanted to go back to the hotel but we ended up chilling at a cafe near the station and grabbed some glasses of beer. They told some facts about ibiza and stuff and it was nice hanging out with them for a while. I had to desperately pack up, but I was enjoying my time listening to them. Eventually I went back to my hotel, I could not join them for anymore partying. it was like 8:30 or so and I had to check out at 12.

11218853_10153084648886325_7172616560276867670_n (1).jpg 11755122_10153084649081325_3544117238072245623_n.jpg 11813428_10153084648741325_1778537103656643226_n.jpg

Last edited:
The photos are cool, I got shoe boxes full of Ibiza photos and general clubbing ones at home that look all grainy like these, before digital cameras/phone cameras were the norm!

In fact I remember going to Ibiza once with 2 disposable cameras, and thinking bloody hell I've got to take 48 photos haha, when half of them come out with either a finger over or are just a grey blur when developed!

Monday, June 22nd
There was a curious character in the DJ booth, this lady with with a white headscarf. She's there for like all these events. I wonder who she is. She seems like she has some work done on her face though.

Pipi?

5987906804_677c8d8293_b.jpg

Thursday, June 25, Last Day

So here we are at the end of this trip, the last day, one of the saddest days in my life maybe. I did a little bit of packing when I came back to the hotel, not before telling the desk to give a wake up call at 11 AM. I did manage to sleep a little for 2 hours but I don't think it was particularly good sleep. My flight was leaving at 8:15 PM or something and was going to Dusseldorf and then to Chicago at 9 AM the next day and then FINALLY back to Toronto a couple of hours later in Chicago.

The phone rang at 11 AM and I proceeded to quickly pretty much shove everything in my suitcase and went downstairs to put it in the storage room. I was thinking I would still be able to get the lunch at 1 PM and they usually don't really check to see how many meals everyone has a day but a hotel staff guy actually spotted me out and said it wasn't permitted. I proceeded to go to Burger King...nothing too glamourous, but again, this BK was legit compared to what we have in Canada as the taste was so much better.

A group of 3 guys started to talk to me at the resto, asking me how long I stayed in Ibiza, if I pulled any chicks etc. One guy thought it was weird I came alone and thought I was a rapist. I think he was half joking, but I didn't care.

Something I haven't discussed is that I actually had a GF at the time of this trip all along, but things were going south before this trip and she was very inconsistent in responding back to me on the island. It did throw me off my 'game' in Ibiza but I think mostly my phone and wallet issues that really did me in too as I got this feeling that this trip really did me in with her or something...

Anyway after burger king I decided to take one last stroll to the Cafe Del Mar area. It was a beautiful day, very hot. I took a few breathtaking pictures of the water and the distant mountains, just strolling along, reflecting on everything. The sadness was growing slowly. I took some clear shots of CDM and proceeded to go past cafe Mambo and those other West End bars and went to the rocks and dipped my hands and feet inside the water and couldn't believe my trip was coming to an end. I wasted some time with the luggage and phone on my trip and my wallet being stolen was like the icing on the cake.

The water was warm and I realized this was my first time actually being out in the day for a while (legit day, not after club morning day), especially in this area. I walked back up the road where CDM is, some woman was walking a dog and I had a friendly exchange with her. This is what I was gonna miss, just talking to randoms and everyone being in a good mood. Walking further along I talked to the ticket seller who sold me the tix for DC-10. I told him the event was good and that I was leaving today. He was trying to persaude me to go to Destino for Solomon + 1 opening but that wasn't gonna happen. Not gonna go to party for 2-3 hours before the headliners come on.

I walked further back to my hotel. I grabbed a yogurt drink from a convenience store and sat down and just was in this deep thought. This trip was ending, and it was gonna be back to the normal life. I was missing my GF (now ex) and decided to head to the nearby Pacha store to try to get her something. I took some time in there, but I ending up getting a bag for her and some stickers for myself. I grabbed a free Pacha magazine as well. After that, I saw a looky looky guy that was pretty cool and who's name escapes me and I took a pic with him. i bought shades off of him earlier in the trip.

I headed back to the hotel, and just sat down on the couch. I was contemplating one more swim in paradise in the pool but didn't want to go back to my suitcase and grab my trunks and stuff. Forget it. I just relaxed on the couch, waiting to take the bus to Ibiza airport eventually and flipped through the magazine. I told the staff that this island was just a fantasy world of DJs, clubs, and wildness and it's not real. I proceeded to finally leave this place.

At the bus station I was waiting for the 6 PM bus and some girl sat down next to me and removed her shades when talking to me and I saw how cute she was. She was from Malaysia and was there with her friend. I mean I had a GF but this whole thing was falling apart anyway between me and her. We talked a little bit before she realized she had to get a ticket. I didn't have one either and had to get one as well and did after her before heading to the bus to the back.

It was really crazy seeing all those mountains and landscape passing me by. I tried taking a couple of shots. At the airport my flight was delayed but I wanted to talk to that girl again. I remember her saying her flight was leaving later. I did find them around the departure area sitting and having some food. I was a bit relieved. I didn't know what was going to happen with this, but you never know I suppose. Her friend pretty much knew what was going on and commented that I looked like I was looking for something or...someone. She deflected me nicely...I don't know. I did end up taking a picture with all of them before I left and they of me as well. They were both really nice and were only in for a couple of days and did more of the daytime sightseeing stuff than me. We exchanged emails.

My seat on the plane was again not near the window. I was wondering if I would have been able to see the Armin Opening at Ushauia from above or even that Destino party as well and catch one last fleeting glimpse of my dream place Ibiza, with all the fun party people and happiness being spread around, despite the shadiness of some of individuals. I couldn't but I did see Dalt Villa which was very nice and of course those mountains.

11070285_10153089189881325_4187330255152769500_o.jpg 11694085_10153089191201325_2199007618229766167_n.jpg 11741215_10153089190771325_7401755282035828219_o.jpg 11781829_10153089190431325_6094652849562237143_n.jpg 11800587_10153089190436325_4811768002881575636_n.jpg 11800587_10153089191001325_449697007688976645_n.jpg 11811346_10153089191431325_1733388857316555751_n.jpg 11811376_10153089189746325_6740919486416015798_n.jpg 11822507_10153089190421325_152883501144394052_n.jpg

Last edited:
Plane trip home and Epilogue:

I did meniton this elsewhere but I did tear up when I left Dusseldorf to back to North America. Before I was in Dusseldorf overnight, looking at the screens to see if there was another flight back direct to Ibiza and what if I could just take it hah

Anyway...the plane back to Chicago was when the real sadness hit me. Some flight attendent outside the plane was even wondering if I pulled in Ibiza and she was laughing at the whole idea. No, unfortunately not LOL. I scribbled down the key things I loved about my trip and stuff which is why I'm able to write this stuff now in this notebook I had. The plane showed Jupiter Rising but I wasn't interested in watching it. Not because I heard mixed reviews about it but also because I didn't feel like distracting myself with movies and stuff. I'd rather be distracted with Ibiza so I was feeling less interest in this stuff, even though I'm a movie buff.

It took me a week or more to adjust back to my life. Thankfully I had that week off as well, so I was able to. Not that I wanted to but I had to. But it took me maybe 4 days before I could sleep properly. I was having vivid dreams and nightmares that slowly started going away. These pictures I've posted here cost more to develop than the cameras and I had to go through some trouble in getting them too.

I was feeling really depressed coming back, I wish I could have stayed for the whole summer there! The new parties were opening up and I wanted to check them out. I tell people about Ibiza and like half the people I talk to are like completely clueless about this great place. If they only knew! I guess it's not as well known in North America. I feel Ibiza and South Korea are the two places I spent time in that people don't "get". I had a mixed experience...I'm waiting for my revenge trip where I can safeguard my stuff better and get to visit more beaches, see Formentera especially, and maybe even the northern part as well and cut down on the partying. I had to go to these parties first and foremost and I bascially revolved my trip around it, and foolishly thought I could do the daytime stuff too but that wasn't gonna happen! i ddidnt' even check out Playa D'en Bossa beach...

I so badly wanna go in 2 weeks and check out some of these closings. I watch YouTube videos sometimes of the newer Cocoon parties and I almost wanna breakdown again at times. It was a lot worse in July but I'm pretty much mostly over it now. It was great being in the centre of the scene I love but maybe it's not Ibiza I miss but maybe some other things I need to fix out in my own life. If that was fixed, then maybe I wouldn't be as sad over Ibiza. This place totally chewed me up and spit me out and I can't belive some of the craziness that I read about happenign to other people in Ibiza happened to me as well. I would totally stay in the same hotel again. It was good value, and the staff were mad helpful. But it looks like a yearly thing now I can't go this month. I haven't even partied here since coming back but I will back at it this week. I don't know. But I will be back next year and I'll stay longer and have my revenge, in this life or the next! (Gladiator line)

Plane trip home and Epilogue:

I did meniton this elsewhere but I did tear up when I left Dusseldorf to back to North America. Before I was in Dusseldorf overnight, looking at the screens to see if there was another flight back direct to Ibiza and what if I could just take it hah

Anyway...the plane back to Chicago was when the real sadness hit me. Some flight attendent outside the plane was even wondering if I pulled in Ibiza and she was laughing at the whole idea. No, unfortunately not LOL. I scribbled down the key things I loved about my trip and stuff which is why I'm able to write this stuff now in this notebook I had. The plane showed Jupiter Rising but I wasn't interested in watching it. Not because I heard mixed reviews about it but also because I didn't feel like distracting myself with movies and stuff. I'd rather be distracted with Ibiza so I was feeling less interest in this stuff, even though I'm a movie buff.

It took me a week or more to adjust back to my life. Thankfully I had that week off as well, so I was able to. Not that I wanted to but I had to. But it took me maybe 4 days before I could sleep properly. I was having vivid dreams and nightmares that slowly started going away. These pictures I've posted here cost more to develop than the cameras and I had to go through some trouble in getting them too.

I was feeling really depressed coming back, I wish I could have stayed for the whole summer there! The new parties were opening up and I wanted to check them out. I tell people about Ibiza and like half the people I talk to are like completely clueless about this great place. If they only knew! I guess it's not as well known in North America. I feel Ibiza and South Korea are the two places I spent time in that people don't "get". I had a mixed experience...I'm waiting for my revenge trip where I can safeguard my stuff better and get to visit more beaches, see Formentera especially, and maybe even the northern part as well and cut down on the partying. I had to go to these parties first and foremost and I bascially revolved my trip around it, and foolishly thought I could do the daytime stuff too but that wasn't gonna happen! i ddidnt' even check out Playa D'en Bossa beach...

I so badly wanna go in 2 weeks and check out some of these closings. I watch YouTube videos sometimes of the newer Cocoon parties and I almost wanna breakdown again at times. It was a lot worse in July but I'm pretty much mostly over it now. It was great being in the centre of the scene I love but maybe it's not Ibiza I miss but maybe some other things I need to fix out in my own life. If that was fixed, then maybe I wouldn't be as sad over Ibiza. This place totally chewed me up and spit me out and I can't belive some of the craziness that I read about happenign to other people in Ibiza happened to me as well. I would totally stay in the same hotel again. It was good value, and the staff were mad helpful. But it looks like a yearly thing now I can't go this month. I haven't even partied here since coming back but I will back at it this week. I don't know. But I will be back next year and I'll stay longer and have my revenge, in this life or the next! (Gladiator line)

Thanks for posting your review. It was nice to read as there were many parts that mirrored my exact thoughts and feelings about the island. I was able to put myself in your shoes and almost re-live what it feels like to go there for the first time.

I have met so many people that 'get' Ibiza and like myself feel the need to return year after year after year. I've been going for just over 15 years and I'm still fascinated by the special something that the island has that makes it what it is.

Beneath all the crap and crime there is a very special place that a lot of people hold close to their heart.

I hope you get a chance to return as you intend.

Last edited:
Your last day feelings sums it all up really!

I never felt that way at the end of any other holiday or destination I have been to, and I been going to Ibiza for 16 years!

Back