JULY16 - Biscuits, Drama and Romance

Lasted a year , but it was a great year!

I suppose you have moved on now and are married with kids!?

I had to take a hard decision that led up to us not seeing each other due to an opportunity. It was a right predicament!

However we will meet again as we are booked to go to Ibiza the exact same dates and in the same hotel so who knows!

I had to take a hard decision that led up to us not seeing each other due to an opportunity. It was a right predicament!

However we will meet again as we are booked to go to Ibiza the exact same dates and in the same hotel so who knows!

It was 9/10 years ago, we stayed friends for a good while. Not married but first kid due end April - funnily enough with someone I met in Ibiza, but only 'met' nothing (really) happened until much later.;)

I wonder how many long term relationships have happened because of Ibiza? Plenty I imagine. Something to do with outlook I guess.

I didn't meet my bf in Ibiza but we both loved the island and had visited seperately with friends a few times and it's definitely something that brought us/has kept us together. And not because of a shared love of 'partying' or whatever because I'm achingly boring and straight, but just a mutual understanding of what Ibiza is to us.

Didn't meet my fiance in Ibiza but met at a Tale of Us warehouse party in Brooklyn 5 years ago. We visited Ibiza together in 2014 with a group of friends (her first visit, my second time). Got engaged on the island during closing 2015 on a 2 week trip together. Will be starting our honeymoon off there in June with a short pop over to see Tale of Us at Sonar...gotta go full circle.

Looking forward to part 2!

Off you go then .... the weather's sh*te, could do with some entertainment!

Ok well it may not be that amusing but I shall fire away with one particular story. Probably one of those you had to be there

So me and my best mate went to Cyprus, Ayia napa on a sort of last minute booking for 4 nights and it was towards end of October so out of season obv

I won't go into details of the holiday and get to the story but it was pretty dead being October and we spent most of our time beaching and drinking and didn't really get talking to anyone. It was quiet nights out with what was on offer but anyway prior to the last night we thought it would be a good idea to hire one of those 2 seater 4x4 buggy things. It looked so cool it had chrome like alloys with huge tyres and we could take it off road and have a mess about. We got flagged down by a guy who called himself 'Constable cruise'. He knocks about on this scooter looking for people to buy party boat tickets. He was such a character and was trying to sell us tickets to the last party boat of the season but we couldn't make it due to flying home the following day. He was so surprised to find a pair of guys like us at that time of year and was gutted we wasn't going to make it. I suppose he was really passionate about this party boat. Anyway he knows where we can hire one of the buggys and he tells us to jump on his scooter. But there is two of us right. He turns around so casually and said I know jump on. So there is three of us on his little 50cc scooter no helmets getting taken through the middle of Ayia napa like it was normal. Anyway get the 4x4 and after spending the day clowning about in it we decided later on that we would get dressed up for the usual night out but thought why not use the buggy to take us to Protaras which was another small town about 30 minutes away along the coast which we did. So there we was driving down the high street of Protaras where it is like a strip full of nice restaurants and typical open front bars in this loud buggy, wearing boat shoes and smart casual for a night out. My mate smoking a cigar as you do just for a giggle. We must of looked like a right pair of tools but we didn't care. We parked it up outside one of the bars and went in and had a drink. Well then we went next door and so on working our way down drinking keos not really thinking straight. We ended up in this one bar where my mate spotted two girls of a similar age which was so rare! It was full of old people or families! So my mate decided to get talking to one of them that he took a liking too but I wasn't interested however you could tell they were really keen as they hadn't seen any guys of a similar age either....So after getting caught up in the blues brothers show along with many drinks and giggles the bar was closing and it was about 2am. In fact everywhere was closing which was a bummer. At this point we were really drunk and headed down the strip with the girls to what turns out to be a fancy hotel but not before somehow getting onto a trampoline and trying to use it half cut!.
So we are sat outside the girls hotel all waffling when they invite us in which my mate doesn't decline because he fancies one of the girls....Then I turn to my mate and mention the buggy and we were both like oh yeah the buggy....Hang on girls we will be back! We had to walk all the way back down the strip which was like a complete ghost town at this point. We get the buggy and I declined to drive it as I couldn't even see straight so he fires up this racket of a buggy that sounds like a tray of bolts vibrating when you drive it! We pull up to their posh hotel laughing because we could imagine the girls thinking wtf....Mate parks it up but not until driving it off a parking space down into another parking space! luckily it had loads of ground clearance!!
So we sneak into their hotel and somehow without being spotted or being heard from the buggy turning up but anyhow my mate and the girl he likes takes the stairs but I wouldn't have managed that so I take the lift with the other girl...In the lift the girl jumps on me basically and I just go with it why not...
So we end up in their room and we are all waffling on the balcony. It turns out they have a bag of haribo which I tuck into but not before I see if I can reach the pool with some of the haribo which I try but I couldn't tell if I was reaching it or not. Anyway we all end up in bed and yeah you know we have cuddles.
Anyway alarm goes off at about 8am and we struggle to get up but we had to because we had to return the buggy by 10am and get packed and catch our flight! So we leave their room and do the walk of shame...We got lost trying to leave and end up walking through a packed out restaurant with people looking at us...We walk past the pool which makes me giggle as I see the pool man fishing out the haribo bears and we jump into the silly 4x4 buggy and fire it up scaring all the old people. As we drive it back feeling a bit worse for wear with the wind blowing on us it turns out my mate had got no sleep because he was up doing a night shift. He ended up getting no where with the girl he seemed to put all the effort in where as I put in no effort and seemed to get caught up in all the carry on.
Buggy got returned safe and we got our flight home

The end.

Last edited:
I have a tale of me, my best mate, 2 very hot girls and a Fiat Uno that got stuck in the sand on a beach in the middle of the night years back near Faro. I have been berated ever since by my mate because I was more obsessed with digging the hire car (rented in my name) out from its pit, rather than concentrating on the job in hand!!

Back