JULY16 - Biscuits, Drama and Romance

Life of Rye

Well here is my review of my trip last year full of biscuits, romance and drama.

I will try and make it as brief as possible so you don’t get bored

02JUL - Sat
It was a beautifully warm late Saturday evening as I was chilling in the garden and the time had finally came to tell the rest of the guys on the group whatsapp chat that I was on my way! I jumped in the car and wacked the chilled house on full chat. When I eventually got to Luton airport I met my brothers and their mates (I was tagging along) by Burger king and headed through to departures. While walking around the departures lounge I heard someone shout “Yes boy!”

I turned to see my best mate and another mate sitting in a restaurant cracking up with a beer in their hand….I walked over confused and laughing to ask them what the hell they’re doing and where they are going to be told Ibiza!! The buggers had kept it totally quiet from me! We all had a right chuckle of how they kept it hush and how glad I was they were coming (Their first time)

The group became nine and we all boarded a loud on time easy and arrived into Ibiza shortly after midnight local and all headed to our hotels. Some were in the Azuline, some were in the Galera but my two mates who turned up as a surprise rang me about 2am furious as they had some shit hole. After refusing to stay at the hotel they agreed to stick them in their sister hotel the Don Pepe instead which was a relief for them!

03JUL – Sun
So after a group breakfast and a few chilled drinks in San An we all decided to jump on a bus to Bora Bora. So we got our tickets and were told there was a change of bus and the driver would let us know when the change stop came so off we jumped at this bus stop oblivious to where we were exactly and with us a handful of other people also trying to do the same thing. After standing about baffled and missing a couple of buses we decided to ask a local policeman who told us it was a 20 minute walk that way so off we went. After a stop for some alcoholic drinks we eventually rocked up to Bora in what must have taken about 3hours to get too! This is when it started getting really messy

We managed to secure a seating area and table close to the dance floor and the drinks were flowing and what a superb setting and atmosphere it was. The music got us randomly two stepping, the shot girl getting caught into 20 minute convos without managing to sell us one shot. My mate got chatting to a pair of women 10 years older than him. We told another mate that you had to pay the freshen up guy 3 euro to use the toilet in which he didn’t hesitate to do and off he went with the coins in his hands which left us bursting. You can get the idea of what sort of afternoon it was. Nine of use ended up being about 13 (If you want to include the odd dealer that took a seat). It was just an afternoon full of banter, a bit of dancing and some great music

Anyway we left about 10 to head back to get changed as we had Amnesia tickets to see Vegas and Like Mike. (I wanted to do Pacha instead but a selfish mate purchased the Amnesia ticket so we all ended up just saying sod it lets all go since it is our first night out together). We all jumped in 3 taxis and on the way back we could hear a local over the radio and loud commotion in the back ground. It turned out to be one of the taxis with my mates in….They had broken out into an argument over nothing! Dehydration and too much alcohol obviously!. Luckily they got returned to San An without getting kicked out but my mate had his genuine ray bans thrown out the window which we all ended up bursting out laughing…It was the thought of his sun glasses getting chucked out in a childish move and sitting there in bits on the side of the road. Thankfully they made up and we all got changed and met up at the Azuline by the bus stop

My two mates who had a fall out started moaning and saying they were gonna give it a miss as they were so rough. I told them to get a full litre bottle of water through them and not to worry as once they got there and took a biscuit they would be off like a steam train! So we all rocked up to Amnesia and took and obligatory picture together by the bus and entered. We all knew what was up and cracked on where as the two worse for wear mates were struggling to get into the swing of things….After they took half a biscuit I said just wait lads you will be all smiles. So there we were all stood and I could feel the hairs on my neck starting to stand and I was getting into the music. I would have preferred to be somewhere else but I just decided to make the most of it and it was just the first proper night so what the hell! After about 30 mins we were all smiles and loving life and even my mates who were shot started coming up and I could see their smiles growing. We all ended up arm in arm singing away to some Lost frequencies loving life. As the night progressed and the room became busier we ended up with two girls joining me and my best mate which made the night that bit better. I was just off with the girl for the best part of 3 hours! During that time I looked over at my best mate who was basically just kissing her for what he probably thought was a minute but I am sure it was like 60 minutes!! During all the dancing, the smoke and smiles we realised one of our mates had gone missing and we realised none us had seen him for quite some time and we all became a little concerned since it was his first time Ibiza on the biscuits….So off me and my best mate looking for him around the bars, the smoking area and the toilets and couldn’t find him. We all agreed that we reckoned he would be fine and would turn up he is a big boy….So me and my best mate headed back to the dance floor and cracked on! I ended up back with the girl I was dancing with and somehow my mate ended up with another random girl! His previous dance partner was not impressed! Then through the smoke and lights and as we pushed forward on the dance floor….There was our missing mate with a huge smile on his face punching the ceiling with some randoms! We all chuckled and checked on him to let him know we was there. He nodded and dismissed us as he was far too concerned with enjoying his night with his new found Spanish mates and dancing!!. Due to my mates ex dance partner getting the arse and being a mate of my female dance partner they ended up leaving us but not before she could eat my face off and take my mobile number…

To be continued and with possible edits

04JUL – Monday
So after yesterday’s antics we all meet up roughly midday at the Leopard for a fry up all looking a little dazed as you do. Talking about all the stories from the previous day and looking through any pics or vids with the odd slouch and deep breath in between as you try to fight the hangover. We were all really struggling to eat this fry up as it tasted like plastic but we did it anyway. Then it was shop for plenty of water and some Gatorade to try and replenish on the beach.

As we all chilled out catching some sun on the beach with the odd dip in the chit infested port, with the likes of Sexy Kim Kardashi “Hello sexy” and the drinks man offering Sam Megwells knocking about. We all started to perk up and started coming to life. Then my phone goes off as I am laid on my front and it read something like “Hey Ryan its ***** from last night x”. I was a bit surprised at two things – She obviously liked me and second how on earth did I manage to type my number into her phone without making a mistake?. It turns out after a few text messages that her and her mate were down the beach and asked us to come and see them…At that point though it seemed that everyone wanted to go out and start getting on it again. I really wasn’t bothered what we done I was quite happy to just do nothing but the others insisted so I just decided to go with the flow. So there we was at a ticket stall purchasing Ushuaia tickets for David Guetta and before we know it we are all in a taxi about 6/7pm on route . The girl from last night would have to wait….

So there we all were straight through the door and straight onto the dance floor. Few of us was really getting into it though I wasn’t enjoying it at all. But put on a brave face and tried to make the best of it. Music was all chart style of course. I still became so bored that even when one of my best mates appeared back with a Heineken, looking at me with a big smile as two girls from Devon that he met at the bar appeared behind him. As usual he would expect me to get involved but I left him to it. I cannot really say much about this event or evening because it wasn’t great. The highlight for me was the he/she floating about above the crowed from helium balloons. When it finished I went straight to bed!

To be continued

05JUL – TUESDAY

Again all on the beach just chilling and trying to replenish mid afternoon

This was the day we all had Together Amnesia arranged and so we were all just getting in the odd bit of sleep, relaxing and soaking in the sun until we get asked if we wanted tickets. We told the guys that we were all going to Amnesia that night and this is when they turned around and said “Haven’t you heard Amnesia got raided, Together is cancelled”. We sort of thought they were just trying to blag us into buying their tickets for another event. We had a look online and we couldn’t see no mention of a raid at Amnesia so we sort of dismissed it but it played on our mind. It was the one night I really wanted to do and I would be so disappointed if it didn’t happen. But then I was perked up with a few texts from the girl I met on Sunday. She was really playing on my mind and I wanted to see her again. We chatted on off for a few hours and I mentioned the issue with Together and that is when she tells me she wants to go as well so I think great hopefully the night is on as it means I get see her as well!. With a few rumours surfacing from people about Amnesia and how it was cancelled but it wasn’t cancelled and all these different stories about the raid. We decide to just go and get changed and head out for a few drinks and discuss

So we meet up for a few drinks at a restaurant on the front and get on the wifi to do some searching and it turns out that it was true that Amnesia got raided….Then we see on Amnesia facebook confirmation of the raid but they will still be open! We think great until we receive an email a little later saying it is actually cancelled. This is when we approach a ticket stall to find out what is happening. Of course Amnesia is rubbed off and the ladies are making numerous calls. This went on for some time as people gathered to find out what is happening and in the end a few of my mates shoot off to Carl Cox rather than wait. I was left so disappointed and on top of it the girl I met was asking me what was going on and how she wasn’t going to go to Carl Cox if together is cancelled. Anyhow my battery goes flat at this point. Then shortly after this the women comes off the phone and says it is back on you can go so at this point we rush to the hotel to drop our stuff off as I don’t like to take my phone with me and then we jumped on the disco bus. You could see the excitement in everyone’s face as they discovered the news and rushed along.

So we turn up to Amnesia and there is a huge queue along the road, Police all on scene and the gate closed. This is when we think in fact it isn’t going to open. We creep off the bus and manage to somehow end up at the front of the queue playing it a bit oblivious. Then over a guy walks and opens the gate and we all flood in! We get our tickets out quickly make our way to the entrance only to be held before the entry. I have just dropped a dinger and think oh great hopefully this doesn’t take too long but it did….We are kept there for about 40 minutes watching as staff all turn up and hurry through to set up. I end up waffling away with this girl who must have also dropped a dinger. The rest of our party are somewhere in the queue but I am not entirely sure where. Then when I started getting really restless you hear the thumping of the music start up. This was a truly epic moment. Everyone lights up with a roar of cheers and we all go through the entrance. Me and my brother literally enter Amnesia dancing and being one of the first through the door it was empty but we hit the middle of the dance floor! Everyone follows us and within seconds the room is filling up with full on energy. It was a moment I will never forget.

So it was about 2am by this point and we hit Terrace to be met by Gorgon city and I was just off loving life. I felt like I was just on my own there and ignored all the guys I was with. The energy in that club that night was just full of emotion and you could tell. On the dance floor I ended up bumping into people I knew of but didn’t know which were three women that went to the same gym so we all had a chuckle at the fact we were all in Amnesia. Then one guy came up to me and offered me what looked like a Vodka lemonade. It was like he had bought it for me the way he was offering it over with a big smile on his face and as much as I wanted to accept it I thought there was a good chance it could have been laced so I turned it down. I remember his face looking like a sad emoji but then he smiled and pointed at the little stage and nodded to get up onto it so we did! Then everyone climbed up onto it with us. As I was dancing away I have my attention caught... I look down and there is the girl from the first night looking up at me smiling. I get a little tap from security to get down at this point so I jump down, say hello and we all carry on dancing away. She was trying to talk to me but I genuinely couldn’t understand a word she was saying. Having a strong mancunian accent and being on the biscuits it just sounded like she was talking to me with a mouth full of cotton wool!. So we just danced it off together instead! Then the night started to take a dive though as it seemed due to the uncertainty of the night going ahead no Dj’s turned up so it went from Gorgon city to Dj Ez. Now he was ok for 30mins but after that I got tired of the constant changing to tunes. So instead me and my female companion would keep each other entertained. I believe we all ended up leaving about 5ish due to loss of vibe and the fact the main room had been closed and we were stuck with a load of scratching and rewinds from tune to tune with EZ

Last edited:
05JUL – TUESDAY

Then the night started to take a dive though as it seemed due to the uncertainty of the night going ahead no Dj’s turned up so it went from Gorgon city to Dj Ez. Now he was ok for 30mins but after that I got tired of the constant changing to tunes. So instead me and my female companion would keep each other entertained. I believe we all ended up leaving about 5ish due to loss of vibe and the fact the main room had been closed and we were stuck with a load of scratching and rewinds from tune to tune with EZ

Absolute pet hate. Awful.

He started playing "german whip" or whatever its called.... People worship him as well, don't get it

It makes you want to face palm doesn't it

I bring you Flowers inevitably gets chucked in with a rewind

I like garage but I just cannot hack it when you are loving life to house to then hear all that hocus pocus from EZ going on. You literally cannot get into it

06JUL – WEDNESDAY

Hotel door is banging away so I check time and it is basically 12 o’clock so I answer the door to be told we need to check out now so I say ok 2 mins….Knowing full well it will be 10mins+ I quickly jump in the shower and make a good effort of getting ready sharpish but really I still wanted to be in bed!

We finally check out about 12:15 and leave our bags behind and make our way to the leopard to meet the others. All I wanted was sleep and it was eventually catching up on me!

Today we basically all just chilled on the beach catching rest. I spent a lot of time reflecting on life as you do and I couldn’t stop thinking about this girl I had met. In my mind I thought it was just a holiday romance relax yourself Ryan and on the other hand I thought I had met my soul mate! We actually spent a lot of time today texting and it was clear we was well into each other. All my mates were ribbing me for falling in love! I guess it was just strange as I hadn’t gone to Ibiza to meet a girl it just all seemed to happen naturally without effort. Anyway

Time eventually passes away and we all go to the Tarba for some food which as usual is real difficult to eat but I knew I had to try! Then my lady friend suggests we meet at the bus stop as she is on her way to Ushuaia and she wants to see me before we assume we will never see each other again.

So I am sat at the bus stop on my own and there she turns up with a great big smile on her face and sits down next to me…For some reason I turn in to a wet flannel I was so shy and it was totally unlike me! We chat as long as possible until she finally has to get onto to the bus but not until we have one of those movie scenes…again we assume we never see each other again

So there we all were at the airport contemplating where our life went so wrong struggling….Few of us were saying how they will never do Ibiza again while some of us were laughing about all the episodes and looking through pics and vids

Plane eventually takes off and of course I look down and see the lights from Ushuaia and all I think about was my lady friend and it felt a bit gutting as I really wanted to be down there with her!

Anyway since then

- We all made a speedy recovery apart from one mate who after two weeks was considering going to see a doctor! But he is fine now

- Me and my lady friend continued to talk and meet up basically every weekend even though a round trip was 6/7hrs!

- We all returned to Ibiza even though we said we wouldn’t and even returned with my lady friend

As already been posted and ripped for

Here is a youtube vid I put together with what footage was captured off all of our phones

Thanks for posting Rye. Been there with the unexpected Ibiza romance myself - and the 6/7 hour round trip!

Did it work out for you?

Due to me having my own place I rarely made the journey - we both would rather spend the two night weekend at mine

Nice one!

Enjoy these times. Things in life will come along that won't leave room for Ibiza. But the island will welcome you back when you're ready and it will be as if you've never been away. At least that's my experience.

Back