Judgement @Eden

"ibizatom"

There was a one off judgement last night at Eden. Don't suppose anyone went or knows if it was busy. Was going to come out for it but ran out of holiday at work.

Wasn't able to go to this. Mate says there were about 500 there. Upstairs was closed.

There is an all night long video on Eden Ibiza Facebook page. Some old good tunes on it.

Wasn't able to go to this. Mate says there were about 500 there. Upstairs was closed.

There is an all night long video on Eden Ibiza Facebook page. Some old good tunes on it.

How much does Eden hold? Is 500 alot? I'll have to have a look on YouTube cause I don't have Facebook I'm afraid

If I had to pick my all time fave Ibiza nights then Judgement Sunday’s would definitely be up there. First few years with Eddie and Jules were superb. Sadly it was a night that probably ran a season or two too long as Jules chose not to reinvent the concept. A bit sad to hear there were such low numbers if only 500.

If I had to pick my all time fave Ibiza nights then Judgement Sunday’s would definitely be up there. First few years with Eddie and Jules were superb. Sadly it was a night that probably ran a season or two too long as Jules chose not to reinvent the concept. A bit sad to hear there were such low numbers if only 500.

Messing around with what night it was on didn't help, then moving to Es Paradis for a joint Judgement/Water Party was a disaster. I went once and he just looked bored while a smallish crowd splashed about in the water.

It's just been too long since he was on Commercial radio, a whole generation won't recognise the name now.

It's just been too long since he was on Commercial radio, a whole generation won't recognise the name now.

Totally agree. Only 31 so too young to know of it in its prime but been 3/4 at the start of the decade. Don't think the time of season helped numbers wise tbh. If he could talk Eden into freeing up the space then a July or August event would get double the numbers I think. Good to have a selection musically though. Feel like I'm drowning in Techno on the island at times :lol:

I had some great Sundays in Eden. I remember in my first few years it used to be rammed solid with people queuing round the block to get in! In stark contrast a few years ago I saw Judge Jules walk down the West end from a small pre party he had played and nobody batted an eyelid!

I'm one of those rare people that wishes he was older. Ibiza in the nineties would have been my dream as Trance is my genre. Use to listen to JJ on Radio 1. I was appalled with Cream. Have always done that night then it went to hi and now it's EDM central. Understand Judgement cause it was dieing for years but whenever I went Cream it was packed.

I'm one of those rare people that wishes he was older. Ibiza in the nineties would have been my dream as Trance is my genre. Use to listen to JJ on Radio 1. I was appalled with Cream. Have always done that night then it went to hi and now it's EDM central. Understand Judgement cause it was dieing for years but whenever I went Cream it was packed.

Cream have thankfully abandoned the EDM night at Hi. My understanding was Hi only rented the brand for one season anyway.

Off to their night in Liverpool next week and it is Van Dyk and Chicane headlining, not quite 1999 again but we can dream!

Cream have thankfully abandoned the EDM night at Hi. My understanding was Hi only rented the brand for one season anyway.

Off to their night in Liverpool next week and it is Van Dyk and Chicane headlining, not quite 1999 again but we can dream!

Was Cream not on the island this year? I didn't check. After seeing last year's offering I gave up ?

Was Cream not on the island this year? I didn't check. After seeing last year's offering I gave up ?

Nope, thankfully after the shambles of 2018 it was rested this year. Not sure it'll ever come back as a weekly event, but surely still some milage in the brand for one offs.

Jules is a smart guy who is well over a decade past his day in the sun, if not two. That’s a long time. He was more than capable of pulling off some of the best upfront trance sets Ive ever heard. He could also destroy a room when at his peak and not in a good way. He was v hit and miss. That said, he single handedly kept Eden going for a long time. He is very good technically, much more then he’s given credit for. But he knows that djing is a part time side show to his career as a lawyer these days. He’s on master chef in the uk at present. All I can say is I hope he’s a better lawyer.

As for cream, it was a long time ago. Hi bought the rights to the name last year, turned it into an edm fest and it apparently didn’t do as well as they wanted it to. Cream hasn’t been a big deal on the island for a very long time though. It used to be my fav night a long time ago. It just adapted in the wrong way.

Judgement Sundays always used to advertise it itself as San Antonios busiest night, which I'm sure it was, I never went though as it would of meant missing Home/We Love at Space! Went to a few trance nights at Eden in the early 2000s, and it worked well for that sort of music..
I remember one summer I was talked into going to Lisa Lashes night Lashed, musically it was fun, but the crowd was aweful! Was like a JD Sports parade, and only half full, most annoying this was buying a drink, putting it down for 1 second, truning round and some chav has stolen it! Actually that Lashes night was probably the messiest night I have ever seen in Ibiza, so many people had overdone it, there were people laying on the pavement outside f*cked up, it certainly lacked any class or sophistication haha

Judgement Sundays always used to advertise it itself as San Antonios busiest night, which I'm sure it was, I never went though as it would of meant missing Home/We Love at Space! Went to a few trance nights at Eden in the early 2000s, and it worked well for that sort of music..
I remember one summer I was talked into going to Lisa Lashes night Lashed, musically it was fun, but the crowd was aweful! Was like a JD Sports parade, and only half full, most annoying this was buying a drink, putting it down for 1 second, truning round and some chav has stolen it! Actually that Lashes night was probably the messiest night I have ever seen in Ibiza, so many people had overdone it, there were people laying on the pavement outside f*cked up, it certainly lacked any class or sophistication haha

You’ve just reminded me of a very early trip to Ibiza first day and we were at Space on Sunday. Terrace was rocking but was pretty busy, Sasha or Zabiela from memory. A mate had been offered all of us free GL at Eden so we left Space for it. Never regretted leaving a club more in my life !!

Cream hasn’t been a big deal on the island for a very long time though. It used to be my fav night a long time ago. It just adapted in the wrong way.

I've been several Cream nights on the island and even in its final year of Trance I went in mid September and it was busy. I understand some night's die like judgement did but if a nights still pulling in the crowds why change it. Very strange to me.

As for Lisa Lashes. Grew up listening to her and been some good night's of hers in the UK but I can't imagine it with an Ibiza crowd ?

I've been several Cream nights on the island and even in its final year of Trance I went in mid September and it was busy. I understand some night's die like judgement did but if a nights still pulling in the crowds why change it. Very strange to me.

As for Lisa Lashes. Grew up listening to her and been some good night's of hers in the UK but I can't imagine it with an Ibiza crowd ?
I think the problem Cream had is that attendances declined over a few years leading up to its last season at amnesia. At one point they were running twice a week and it wasn’t always a trance night, there was plenty of house in the earlier days. It use to be beyond rammed but I found they were half filling the main room by the end and they could never make anything work consistently well on the terrace. Sadly I think it had run its course at amnesia.

As for Lisa Lashes, she was quite versatile. Never heard her in Ibiza but she played a lot of prog trance sets in the UK that would have been a good fit on the island. She wasn’t always about hoovers and horns fairground music.

Back