John Peel R.I.P.

facus23a.jpg

:p

McRackin said:

Only this competes with Massive Attack's 'Unfinished Sympathy' for the most moving piece of music in my life(time)

Truly wonderful (though melancholy - in fact if someone asks you for a definition of the word play these two songs)

hmmm!!

to be fair I must say my feelings mirror your own....those 2 songs like no other literally lift the hairs on the back of my neck, every time, without fail!!! theres a song by "doves" called "caught by the river" which does similar!!! ;)

jjinit said:
hmmm!!

to be fair I must say my feelings mirror your own....those 2 songs like no other literally lift the hairs on the back of my neck, every time, without fail!!! theres a song by "doves" called "caught by the river" which does similar!!! ;)

I agree with you, those two songs are just art :D

gingerfreak said:
I find Love Will Tear Us Apart more morose than melancholic. Although I agree 100% with Unfinished Sympathy.

I can see that. Both beautiful though and very moving though

produced by martin hamnett, who is cited by "doves" as one of their biggest influences/inspirations!!!

a very,very under-rated band are "doves" :confused:

jjinit said:
produced by martin hamnett, who is cited by "doves" as one of their biggest influences/inspirations!!!

And was also a drug hoovering complete basket case!*

*Note to mods - I neither approve or disapprove. This is merely a statement of (widely rumoured) 'fact'.

did anyone see martin hamnetts charcter portrayed in 24 hour party people :eek: :lol: check out the extra scenes on the dvd,one with him in is quite shocking

Buckley said:
jjinit said:

And was also a drug hoovering complete basket case!*

*Note to mods - I neither approve or disapprove. This is merely a statement of (widely rumoured) 'fact'.

yeah, unlike the rest of us??? :lol:

Back