jjinit

the city/barcelona friendly at the Nou Camp tonight (wednesday) is streamed live on the city website mcfc.co.uk

to quote Mark Hughes-
City will boast a strong squad for the Joan Gamper Trophy game, but Hughes will be playing a delicate balancing act with Saturday's game in mind.
"We are still early in the season and getting to the right fitness levels, so that will come into my thinking for selection. We want to give a good account of ourselves, but the key for us is our game at the weekend and that will be upmost in my thinking.
"I've played in this tournament when it used to be a four-team tournament spread over a couple of days. They always view it as the last game before the real stuff starts, it was always a very important game to them, so to be asked play is very nice for us."

C_71_article_1132137_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

OPTIMISTIC Blue Kirk Bradley is so sure of Manchester City's success next season that he's had a tattoo announcing them as Champions League Winners for 2011.

The Premier League season is barely underway but already the 25-year-old is so confident that not only will his team qualify for the Champions League this time round but that they will win it at their first attempt next year.

So football-mad Kirk decided to have 'Manchester City 2011 Champions League Winners' permanently tattooed on to his body - even though they only finished 10th last year. And although he admits his prediction is somewhat premature Kirk thinks it's an entirely realistic expectation for big-spending City - who have splashed out £100m on new players this summer.

The Man City nut, from Great Barr, Birmingham, said: "While I was in the pub one night I was saying how I thought we'd win the Champions League next season and my friend turned to me and said 'if you're so sure why don't you have it tattooed?'

Joking

"He was obviously joking, so you can imagine his face when I turned around and said 'okay then'.

"I really believe we have the quality and ambition to go and achieve the biggest prize out there and I think we can do it that soon.

"With Mark Hughes at the helm and the money flowing in, we are going to not only challenge the big four, but the whole of Europe as well.

"My mates, who are mostly Aston Villa and West Bromwich Albion fans, think I'm crazy, but I don't care. We're going to be Champions of Europe and when that happens we'll see who is laughing then.

"I was often criticised for being a Man City fan living in Birmingham, but now I don't think anybody can doubt that I am a true fan."

Pondering what he would do if City don't win the Champions League that year, the student replied: "I don't even want to think about it - and I don't think I'll have to.

"I'm sure I would get a lot of stick from my mates though."

Tattooist John Logan, from Logan's Cave, based in Kingstanding, Birmingham, said it was one of the most unusual requests he'd ever had for a tattoo.

"It certainly was a strange request," he said.

"I've done other football fans who had their team's badges tattooed but never anything like this. "Kirk has got to be one of the most optimistic football fans ever."

:lol::lol: contrary to those pictures, most city fans aren;t raving homosexuals!!!

Very strange fixture indeed, Olly from Barcas point of view it's a friendly and vital part of their warm up programme, from Citys point of view it's v strange?? I can only imagine it was a part of the Eto deal they forgot to cancel when we pulled the plug? :lol:

and yes ferd its being streameed on MCFC.CO.UK!!

and yes ferd its being streameed on MCFC.CO.UK!!

Cheers was going to try the usual justin.tv sites anyway.

Strange fixture I agree, not too worried about injuries. Will be happy to finally see ibrahimovic in Barca colours. Messi should be playing too. Only Iniesta and Marquez out.

so what is better news...city 1-0 at barcelona or the fact that burnley have beaten man u 1-0 !! oh happy days

talk about the perfect night for city... :lol:

well done anyway, good defensive performance from you guys. Can't believe we didnt get a draw in the 2nd half.

when he took toure off at half time and brought on ben haim I was like "well it was nice while it lasted" :lol: but they hung on ok!!

not sure what to take from last nights result, it was after all a friendly, but never the less a frindly in which barca hate to lose having won the fixture 14 out of the last 15 times, spanking the likes of milan, inter and bayern munich in the process. So I suppose it was a good run out for us in the 43 degree heat, no injuries picked up and we will hopefully be nice and sharp for sat :D

ignore what I previously wrote - totally forgot it was the Trofeo Gamper, which is the first semi-serious tournament of the year.

Didn't see any of the game - how was Ibrahimovic?

Back