Jacko tickets - Ebay

Beckiboo

Ok, so I sold some Jacko tickets at Face Value on Ebay, and I'm reeeealllly confused what to do about the refund.

Some websites are saying the seller is not obliged to give the buyer a refund at all, as there's no guarantees on Ebay, they shouldn't have bought the tickets on there in the first place etc etc.

Ebay are saying they will issue a full refund whether the seller does or not.

I personally would be happy to refund my buyer, but what about the charges I incurred when making the sell? It totalled about £30... I dno't want to lose out in all this. Plus if I send the money back through Paypal then he will get charged again!

I'm a novice to Ebay, this all sounds so confusing :(

Can anyone help?!

did you say on your description that you would give a refund? It's a bit crap but I wouldn't give them one if you didn't.

Or get in contact with them and send them the refund personally not through ebay.

did you say on your description that you would give a refund? It's a bit crap but I wouldn't give them one if you didn't.

Or get in contact with them and send them the refund personally not through ebay.

No, when I sold them I didn't say anything about refunds. I'm not a Powerseller or anything so it's not like it's my business, I only done it as a one-off.

Send them a check for the amount less half the e bay costs.
Claim back the full e bay amount from e bay (worth a try)
Get the ticket back from the people you sold it to.
Put it up for sale again on E Bay as a ''souvenior collectors item''

I would just ignore it then :lol: Unless you feel guilty about it..

hahaha! Erm..... I probably will feel guilty about it. The buyer is a bit of a pr1ck anyway... he's been emailing me saying "when are you sending the money??"

Ah yes... that's another problem. He's got my personal email address too. Could start spamming me if I dont refund him! :eek:

hahaha! Erm..... I probably will feel guilty about it. The buyer is a bit of a pr1ck anyway... he's been emailing me saying "when are you sending the money??"

Ah yes... that's another problem. He's got my personal email address too. Could start spamming me if I dont refund him! :eek:

Dont refund then, if they were OK I probably would but not if I thought they were a di.ck

If you get spammed - delete them! Easy

I would just ignore it then :lol: Unless you feel guilty about it..

You know...at the end of the day you could do that, however the amount of hassle you would get would not be worth the amount of enjoyment you could buy with the money.

Even if the other person is being a pain... I still think it would be unethical to keep the money.

There might be a way for you to keep the money whilst paypal still refund it due to their insurance/contractual obligations so it may be worth looking into that.

Yes...but it doesn't say e bay will be fronting the refunds.
I bet e bay will get the money from those who have sold the tickets.
Oh and by the way. E Bay will give your personal detail to anybody that asks ( Name, home and mobile number and address)

There might be a way for you to keep the money whilst paypal still refund it due to their insurance/contractual obligations so it may be worth looking into that.

Ebay have said they will refund all buyers the full amount. I guess the amount they made on fees from all the sales might cover this?
What will happen to me though? Will I be hounded by Ebay now forevermore?? Scary!

I guess as there's nothing by law that makes me issue the refund there's nothing they can do?

The buyer wont lose out either as they'll get their money back. It's Ebay who are going to take the hit.

Oh well, I'm going on holiday tomorrow I will worry about it when I get back :lol:

Ebay have said they will refund all buyers the full amount. I guess the amount they made on fees from all the sales might cover this?

From that BBC report.

The online retailer will return sales commission to sellers when they refund buyers, eBay said. Final details of how the exchange will work will be announced next week.

So it looks like sellers will have to refund and ebay will return the commision. I'd wait till next week when it all gets announced properly

he bought the tixs off you in good faith. not your fault fanny chin had a massive HA.

i ALWAYS put "SOLD AS SEEN, NO RETURNS, NO REFUNDS" on all my auctions.

he bought the tixs off you in good faith. not your fault fanny chin had a massive HA.

i ALWAYS put "SOLD AS SEEN, NO RETURNS, NO REFUNDS" on all my auctions.

What are you talking about??
It's not a piece of paper she sold!
It was to a show, that now does not exist.
She will have received a refund from the concert organisers. So why doesn't this guy have a right to his money back.
This kind of attitude which is getting more common these days really pi$$es me off.

You know....I would really like to see your point of view if you had bought the tickets ''In Good Faith'' as you so rightly say.

Here in the UK we have a system based on trust...This is why we have or HAD such a reputation for banking and insurance etc..That's why you can take things back to M+S.
....That's why I can send out all my shirts by 1st class post with no signiture.

Dishonesty and scheming just isn't good for our society.

What are you talking about??
It's not a piece of paper she sold!
It was to a show, that now does not exist.
She will have received a refund from the concert organisers. So why doesn't this guy have a right to his money back.
This kind of attitude which is getting more common these days really pi$$es me off.

You know....I would really like to see your point of view if you had bought the tickets ''In Good Faith'' as you so rightly say.

Here in the UK we have a system based on trust...This is why we have or HAD such a reputation for banking and insurance etc..That's why you can take things back to M+S.
....That's why I can send out all my shirts by 1st class post with no signiture.

With respect though, I'm not M&S! I don't offer any refund policies or money back guarantees. There's no legal procedure regarding this purchase on Ebay.

I don't want anyone to lose out. But if the buyer can get his money back on Ebay, and I can keep my sale money.... it's a win-win situation surely?

Ebay have left themselves open for this by not regulating their rules with regards to refunds.

I want to re-iterate: I don't want a fan being left £170 out of pocket. But if a corporate organisation loses £170 then so be it!

there are some things i wont buy off ebay. tixs for concerts/sports events are top of the list! ;)

so, if i bought a car off someone in a private sale, and dispite having it checked out are you saying i can have a refund if a week later the car breaks down? :?::?::?:

i know, which is precisely when i flog my gear on fleabay, for the sake of 60p, i send em out recorded!

Last edited by a moderator:
You know Becki...It's not you that I'm an pointing this at, as I think you would be up for giving a refund to the guy if he were not to receive one from e bay.
What annoyed me were the other comments which were basiclly saying tough sh-t.
I could see there point if the concert organisers had gone bust os something and not given you a refund.
But to be able to obtain a refund plus this guys money and him not get anything from e bay then I find that wrong and I think you would too.

Back