it's my last day

after working for 45 years, 18 of them for spotlight, i will be retiring when i finish my shift this morning. thankfully i won't be spending a single day of my dotage bored to tears in ibiza, as we sold our san jose villa in january, moved back to england and are currently having a house built in ribblesdale, one of the yorkshire dales.

fox cottage
Congrats. Looks great for an afters...

after working for 45 years, 18 of them for spotlight, i will be retiring when i finish my shift this morning. thankfully i won't be spending a single day of my dotage bored to tears in ibiza, as we sold our san jose villa in january, moved back to england and are currently having a house built in ribblesdale, one of the yorkshire dales.

fox cottage
Why such resentment towards a place you lived on for such a long time which must have given you many happy moments?

Happy retirement, and all the best for the future!

It's sad to see a familiar forum member leave Ibiza for good, but from the tone of your post, you were ripe for change, so I hope you'll enjoy it :)

i can't believe i missed this stephen! sorry!!

stephen has been with spotlight since nearly the beginning. join date 2002 ? ? ? and has been writing for us and helping mod the forums since that time. i'd like to say thank you so much from all of us at spotlight: for your (wonderfully dry ?) humour, your excellent touch in the forums, and all your writing; you've been an invaluable help.

wishing you all the best for the future - enjoy a relaxing retirement - you deserve it!

All the best to you and your family Stephen. And remember..... "Stay off the moor and stick to the path...." :)

I'm ten years here on December 8th, probably gonna call it a day after that. My work here is done, time for something new, less Techy..

i can't believe i missed this stephen! sorry!!

stephen has been with spotlight since nearly the beginning. join date 2002 ? ? ? and has been writing for us and helping mod the forums since that time. i'd like to say thank you so much from all of us at spotlight: for your (wonderfully dry ?) humour, your excellent touch in the forums, and all your writing; you've been an invaluable help.

wishing you all the best for the future - enjoy a relaxing retirement - you deserve it!
Wow, I really thought spotlight had been going a lot longer than 2002, when i joined in 2004 it had already built up a large community by then. I remember a few of the current moderators were also regular posters when I joined (Grego, Morbyd, McRackin etc)

Wow, I really thought spotlight had been going a lot longer than 2002, when i joined in 2004 it had already built up a large community by then. I remember a few of the current moderators were also regular posters when I joined (Grego, Morbyd, McRackin etc)

spotlight has been going longer than that.
founded 1976 as a printed mag
gone online in 1999
and I think the forum was added 2002

Enjoy the retirement. Had I seen this I wouldn't have PM'ed you earlier today:lol::lol: Came on here first time for ages to see if you were still in San Jose! Nice looking pad, a good few mil worth on Ibiza soil, enjoy Yorkshire, you are not a million miles from the in-laws.

His negativity didn't really help the forum to be honest.. so adios El stevo.. I've read more positive posts from people banged up in prison..

Back