Is Privilege recovering from the curse this year?

TigerVlc

This question is coming up to my mind as I've read several times that some of the Privilege nights are being real good.

A friend of mine who worked for some years on the island and has many connections there told me the same: "Privilege is getting stronger and healthy".

How much of truth or correct guess is there on it?
How many of the people who's already been there this year has been to Privilege to confirm this? Many packed nights this year??

We were at Manumission on June 30 this year -- and it was pretty crowded for early in the season. I recall our "special dancing place" from last year was full (between the podiums on the main floor). And it was still a struggle to get up the stairs to that open air bit.
However, I was able to dance in the funky room -- it was too crowded last year (although that was in August).

So my verdict, Privilege not dead. Neither is Manumission.

Although does anyone know what the plot of that Mystery Story thing is? I know it's cos I wasn't really "paying attention" -- but all I remember is that some diamond was stolen by the Riddler from Batman.

Manumission on the last week in June wasn't packed out (but just about right IMHO). The only other non Manumision night I've been to in Privelege was 1995 Cream did a night there with a pa from Kylie Minogue (I joke not!)

I didn't know that privelige had a curse its always a really busy place on most nights.
Manumission is one of the busiest night on the island.

dfunky said:
I didn't know that privelige had a curse its always a really busy place on most nights.

I heard these later years there were many empty nights in Privilege. But the size of the club have influence on it. The club lost most of its flavor. But if people tell it's becoming stronger it's obvious there's something going on. Maybe it's just rumours.

I think that there may have been bad vibes spoke about privelige because of manumission. Manumission seems to get too many people going to just have a look around rather than actually go there for a good club night.
the other nights at privelige have done well also as far as numbers
problem with privelige is that even if you have 3000 people in there it can look quiet therefore lacks a bit in atmosphere.
Also because of the size of privelige a lot of the sound dissapears into the ceiling.

a friend of mine came back yesterday. he told that he did 2 nights at privilege , slinky and manumission, both of them were packed.
Privilege is a huge club and it seems to be full on many nights. This means more cash than any other club. don't worry about it!

eeehm........ i also went to manumission last monday and yesterday it was Slinky for us. the latter... IS A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!!!!

we thought we´d go early so we arrived about 2.15...... ppl were already leaving telling us not to go in.... we already had our tickets so we entered anyhow...... first off, the upper floor, the globe terrace thing and the backroom with the funky floor were closed.. also the main room was closed from the pool to the back..... and still it didnt even look slightly like full.... i guess there was about 200 people there..... waking up this morning we heard pacha had been marvellous :(

nothing about manumission tho..... the entire place was packed..... only idd alot of not-clubbers there, who just came to check out the place... but the music was good, especially in the greenish room.

i also went to manumission last monday of june. wasnt too packed, and it was difficult getting to the outside dome. had a pretty good night, though nothing special, did everyone go to the space carry on???

ibiza-mike said:
i also went to manumission last monday of june. wasnt too packed, and it was difficult getting to the outside dome. had a pretty good night, though nothing special, did everyone go to the space carry on???

We did the carry-on. After d*cking around on the wrong free bus (the one that wasn't leaving the space parking lot), we wound up just getting a taxi. I liked the free brekkie fruit at CarryOn. I also liked that by that point, you were so wrecked you couldn't tell who smelled bad. Which was probably for the best.

free fruit, damn how did i miss it. i didnt stay long. but i should get commision from lynx, i was wearing a vest saying tw@tted upside down for about 10 hours straight and my armpits were smelling quite fresh.

ps did i mention buy new lynx dry. its ggggreat. (frosties as well)

Hah hah.

I was wearing Teen Spirit (as in Smells Like Teen Spirit -- it really is a deoderant). And I think I was still smelling pretty much like Caribbean Cool by 1:30 midday. Go teen spirit.

And you may have never seen the fruit if you didn't pounce on one of the Manumission girls with the trays within the first 25 seconds of their parading about with them.

i went to manumission last monday and every room was rammed all night. however last friday tickets for slinky were only 15€ is this because its not busy and they want to get people in????

dfunky said:
manumission is the busiest night night on the island 10000 people every mon

i hope it gets better. ive always LOVED the place, think its great fun to go around and have a great time in all the small "secret" places, have a drink and a laugh and see what people are in there. there was a gorgeous girl in the bar last year! blonde, wearing a pink dress behind the bar counter - stunning!

Last year Privilege wasn't really popular if you ask me... Manumission was of course crowded and good! But for the rest they didn't had real special parties and not really crowded. I remember that I had free tickets for Privilege on wednesday if I am right, with a groovy old house night.... CeCe Peniston did sing, but it was really horrible.... and not crowded at all! And CeCe was really bad..... really really bad.... worst I have seen.

OK, can be also because it was beginning july.

i thought manu had turned into a circus! really! it was hilariouis,dancing acrobats and nothing to do with clubbing! but hope this year will be better!

Michael24 said:
I remember that I had free tickets for Privilege on wednesday if I am right

thursday!! ;)

Michael24 said:
with a groovy old house night....

it was called your day!! :D

Michael24 said:
CeCe Peniston did sing, but it was really horrible....

come on michael - do you remember the lyrics? :p

Finally it has happened to me
Right in front of my face
My feelin's can't describe it
Finally it has happened to me
Right in front of my face
And I just cannot hide it

Finally
Ooooooooh finally yeah yeah
Oh

fing22.gif
fing22.gif

Michael24 said:
and not crowded at all! And CeCe was really bad..... really really bad.... worst I have seen

and here is a picture of your beloved ce ce peniston at privilege last year:

ibiza006.jpg

McLaughin :lol:

Back